royal guard 006.jpg
royal guard 003.jpg
royal guard 004.jpg
royal guard 005.jpg
royal guard 002.jpg
royal guard 001.jpg
royal guard 011.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Have a Gottlieb Royal guard. Works 100%. All bulbs working, new rubber just installed. Backglass in good shape. little spots of flaking here and there. Probably an 8 overall. Playfield in good shape. Some scratches here and there and some insert edge wear. Insides nice and clean and not rusty. Cabinet has "custom" paint job on it. Think it was done by Stevie Wonder, but cannot confirm this and have no paperwork to prove it.

Located in SE Wi. Available to try out and pickup.

$550 OBO.

royal guard 011.jpgroyal guard 011.jpg royal guard 001.jpgroyal guard 001.jpg royal guard 002.jpgroyal guard 002.jpg royal guard 003.jpgroyal guard 003.jpg royal guard 004.jpgroyal guard 004.jpg royal guard 005.jpgroyal guard 005.jpg royal guard 006.jpgroyal guard 006.jpg royal guard 007.jpgroyal guard 007.jpg royal guard 008.jpgroyal guard 008.jpg royal guard 009.jpgroyal guard 009.jpg royal guard 010.jpgroyal guard 010.jpg
#2 9 years ago

I've seen worse cabinets, and this game is awesome.

#3 9 years ago

At least the cabinet is very solid and structurely sound. That's the main thing with EM's. I know many get soft bottoms and what not. This one is not. Plus, the original art is not very complex. Would be easy to do a stencil job with it. Don't even need stencils. Just mask it off with tape and redo it. Or this paint might come off as well. Havn't tried.

The game is really fun. If it was a 4 player game, i'd keep it.

#5 9 years ago

game looks awesome, cab not so much. would look amazing fully restored

#6 9 years ago

wouldn't be hard to restore either. Here's what it was suppose to look like. All you need is painters tape and cut a couple of circles. It's pretty much the only thing that needs restoring. Could restore the playfield, but it really isn't bad enough to bother.

royal guard cabinet.jpgroyal guard cabinet.jpg
#7 9 years ago

I like the cabinet.

#8 9 years ago

it wouldnt' be bad if they didn't make it, such a putrid looking orange. The sherbet orange was fine. The yellow was fine, but when they did that mix and dab method. that's where things went horribly wrong.

#9 9 years ago

If you didn't want to re-paint it, you could always just glue shag carpet on it to make it look better.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you didn't want to re-paint it, you could always just glue shag carpet on it to make it look better.

I think that would be a little after this games time. Maybe do some dingle balls hanging around the fringe.

#11 9 years ago

I think I wouldn't mind the paint so much if it was on a Far Out / Out Of Sight, or something like that.

Want to sell that Torpedo Alley behind it?

#12 9 years ago

I've had lots of people already ask about that Torpedo Alley. Was going to clearcoat the field and restore it. But i'm always open for suggestions. NO such thing as not for sale.

#13 9 years ago

Still available as of right now. Someone is coming this weekend to check it out, so might be gone saturday night.

#14 9 years ago

Game has been sold thanks to all that inquired.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-gottlieb-royal-guard-wedgehead-wcustom-cabinet-550 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.