Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by fosaisu
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

99% of the time, I am against the whole ''make an offer'' thread. I feel like ebay is a good way to test this method.

However, if I was in his shoes, I really don't know where I would have put this one had I been looking to move it.
It was nice just to see one pop up, lets hope it does get saved and not stored away. Maybe the seller came to his senses. Who knows. It really is a shame that most of these iconic and great pins from that era are either in this parted out shape, in collector hands rarely to surface, or worse...missing all together.

#52 9 years ago

i'm just saying with all the stuff missing, is there anything that is game specific? I mean many of these games has unique sound cards, or unique transformers. IF your missing a key element, your royally screwed. You really want $1000 invested in that much of a gamble? This has been picked apart hardcore, and the shipping kills it for most of us in the US.

#53 9 years ago

Anything can be replaced, a transformer can be made......where's the risk?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

So what are you waiting for John. Go offer him 1k and you can flip it for 2500 after you put in the time and risk...

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So what are you waiting for John. Go offer him 1k and you can flip it for 2500 after you put in the time and risk...

I doubt someone would buy it to flip it at 1k. If you pay 1k for it, shipping is realistically going to be about 1k, and then you are probably going to be paying over 500 for all the missing boards and mechs unless you get really lucky, not to mention all of the labor you have to put into it. While all of the missing parts can be had from other parted games, there is nothing game specific missing but there is just so dang much of it. This one's going to be a labor of love at that price. If someone wants to do all that and then sell it to me for 2.5k, please do let me know

#56 9 years ago

I have to think that there are a decent handful of these overseas that have more parts and are overall better condition. If someone is going to pay for transAtlantic shipping then better off to find a better base game at 1k price point.

I have often thought that a good pin head looking to make some cash overseas could likely make a decent buck by sourcing games and assisting in shipping them back to the US.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

No no Rob you want this game for yourself and if there's anything I can do to help you make room for it we'll then you just let me know....hint hint.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Making the room is that last thing on my mind for this one, John, but sure I'll let you know if that becomes a real problem

#58 9 years ago

It might be pure chance or bad luck, but in my 12 years in this hobby, I have never seen a Punk for sale.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

It might be pure chance or bad luck, but in my 12 years in this hobby, I have never seen a Punk for sale.

I may be wrong, but isn't there someone (Albany area, ?) who keeps advertising one for sale? Last time was around Christmas, IIRC.

#60 9 years ago

Thanks to all for your overwhelming interest! Game is sold and shipping to USA soon. Price was somewhere between 500-1500, just like I imagined. Anything less just wouldn't be wise for me, when converted to Euro I could have that money from some random garage-sale-customer "all day long". But then game would just have disappeared to non-hobbyist junk hoarders garage newer to found again. I'm very happy that it's going to be part of real hobbyists collection who can appreciate it and will get it to work and shine again.

Have an excellent summer to everybody, no hard feelings, right?

#61 9 years ago

yup, i bet you sold it...

not really even a good try there, that's worse than feeble...

#62 9 years ago

On the plus side I never heard of this game. Being an old school punk now I know its out there and can look for one.

#63 9 years ago

I wonder if it will be shipped to Ballston Spa?

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I wonder if it will be shipped to Ballston Spa?

#65 9 years ago

ccotenj: luckily I don't have to proof anything to you, but that's the truth. I had several offers that fell into that price range, first one was served this time.

I really don't get it why it's so big issue to people that are not even buying that they even bother to write to this original for sale-ad. At least here it's not tolerated and you are easily "blacklisted" when commenting somebody elses ads and merchandise/prices. Maybe culture is different in USA. Still, very disrespectful (IMO). Again if you are looking for facts:
- was I trying to sell something that was no legitimate or advertised falsely?
- was the price range exceptionally high?
- wasn't there enough information about? Or asked info answered?

If you don't find these valid in other for sale -ads, please be fair and go to comment there also and see what kind of feedback you will get. Thanks.

All fair guys and "bidders", my humble thanks to all. Unfortunately I couldn't serve you all.

#66 9 years ago

Congrats on the sale, I have offered games in this condition up for free and most ended up in the wheelie bin.

#67 9 years ago

Remind me never to post any pins for sale on this forum........

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from kamenoi_ostrow:

List a price and don't try to take advantage of anyone and there is no reason not to list pins for sale here.

Based on the behavior of the seller I sure hope this works out for whomever was the highest bidder.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Tensikka:

I totally agree with Whysnow, if I make a deal here, Pinside should get a cut. Thats a promise, I'll make donation to pinside if this comes to reality

Please remember to send in your donation to pinside.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

I dont' know about that. When my atlantis had a blown transformer, it was game specific. And I couldn't find anyone that could make one.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Please remember to send in your donation to pinside.

Don't worry, I won't.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from kamenoi_ostrow:

Hey don't forget not to ever posts games for sale here. Your welcome.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Tensikka:

I totally agree with Whysnow, if I make a deal here, Pinside should get a cut. Thats a promise, I'll make donation to pinside if this comes to reality, amount to be decided depending on final price.

So now youare going back on your promise?

Quoted from Tensikka:

Don't worry, I won't.

Hey Tensikka, why dont you post the price it sold for. So that the next person looking to sell has a baseline to go from.

#74 9 years ago

totally not getting the hostility towards the seller.

#75 9 years ago

this seller did absolutely nothing wrong. it's crazy to me that any member here believes that their self-imposed rules outlawing bidding, is law. if you don't like the way it's being sold, don't buy it! it doesn't affect you in any way.

to the seller, i respect your diplomacy and patience. i wish i can say i would have reacted the same.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

this seller did absolutely nothing wrong. it's crazy to me that any member here believes that their self-imposed rules outlawing bidding, is law. if you don't like the way it's being sold, don't buy it! it doesn't affect you in any way.
to the buyer, i respect your diplomacy and patience. i wish i can say i would have reacted the same.

At one point Robin asked that people put a price on items which they start FS threads for. I don't feel like digging through the archives but it is out there.

The market place is where you can post ads and not have them commented on. Don't like comments, then don't make a thread. Pretty simple.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thats not my point, I dont want to flip it and I'm not saying that anyone else should or could either. I'm saying that if you want a Punk game then there you have it and at $1K offer its not out of line even after putting the shipping and parts into it. Again, where else are you going to find one? Personally I dont think the market is that big for a Punk game at $2500 but thats just my opinion. Now if it was a Spirit for $5K then heck yeah I'm all in.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#78 9 years ago

and my point was that you have to really love this game to have 1k purchase plus overseas shipping involved before you even get the game.

My guess is that it sold for $600 tops (if it even sold...).

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

At one point Robin asked that people put a price on items which they start FS threads for. I don't feel like digging through the archives but it is out there.
The market place is where you can post ads and not have them commented on. Don't like comments, then don't make a thread. Pretty simple.

that may be true, but it still begs the question... why do YOU care?

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Tensikka:

Thanks to all for your overwhelming interest! Game is sold and shipping to USA soon. Price was somewhere between 500-1500, just like I imagined. Anything less just wouldn't be wise for me, when converted to Euro I could have that money from some random garage-sale-customer "all day long". But then game would just have disappeared to non-hobbyist junk hoarders garage newer to found again. I'm very happy that it's going to be part of real hobbyists collection who can appreciate it and will get it to work and shine again.
Have an excellent summer to everybody, no hard feelings, right?

Very nice!! I'm glad someone seen the potential this game had and stopped worrying about having to put a few bucks into a bunch of generic parts that many of us have already laying around. I knew this game would sell right after he withdrew the ad. Congrats to both the buyer and seller.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I dont' know about that. When my Atlantis had a blown transformer, it was game specific. And I couldn't find anyone that could make one.

Hmm......curious as to what you ended up doing to get it going because I seen and played that game at MGC and its a thing of beauty....really nice job !!

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

that may be true, but it still begs the question... why do YOU care?

Because silent auctions are an attempt to pit the community against each other to bid up a game while also allowing a seller to field offers and work people against each other.

They are negative for the community.

At least on Ebay the sellers have to pay for the service. This is a perfect example of a seller that does little to give to the community but is happy to take from the community whenever it benefits them.

I think it is a legitimate reason to care.

I would like to see it atleast changed so pinside gets a cut of these auctions if they are going to be allowed.

#83 9 years ago

Pinball forum, every pinhead gets to care about any topic . For better or worse ..

#84 9 years ago

The only problem I see with this thread is that Whysnow wants to play moderator but without the title and then pouts when you don't do it his way because he doesn't have the authority.

#85 9 years ago

Some of the people on here are why certain pinball hobbyists don't tell others about their hobby.

#86 9 years ago

I'm the guy that bought it. Why? I have a nearly-complete collection of System 80a games, now including this one. I look forward to restoring it. I'll probably lose money on it if I sell it someday, and so what? I'm doing it for the love of pinball. And John is right: This title is very hard to find.

So please cut the seller a break. I don't see that he did anything wrong.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

I'm the guy that bought it. Why? I have a nearly-complete collection of System 80a games, now including this one. I look forward to restoring it. I'll probably lose money on it if I sell it someday, and so what? I'm doing it for the love of pinball. And John is right: This title is very hard to find.
So please cut the seller a break. I don't see that he did anything wrong.

Congrats dude! Please post pics of it when you get it up and running

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Hmm......curious as to what you ended up doing to get it going because I seen and played that game at MGC and its a thing of beauty....really nice job !!
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

I bought 2 and made one really nice one. but I had a BW100 transformer, that has similar outputs that could be reconfigured to work.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My guess is that it sold for $600 tops (if it even sold...).

My all time favourite quote from movies applies here perfectly "Assumption is mother of all f****ups". Which movie?

And with that donation part, I meant that I wont forget to do so

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Tensikka:

My all time favourite quote from movies applies here perfectly "Assumption is mother of all f****ups". Which movie?
And with that donation part, I meant that I wont forget to do so

Under Seige!!!!
Can't remember if it's the original or the sequel, I think it's the sequel.

BTW, I totally got that you were saying you wouldn't forget to donate. People read it wrong cuz they already had negativity towards you due to not getting a super rare pin for a steal.

People hate silent auctions on forums like this because they feel powerless, and feel like the seller will play people against each other, which is a feeling born of the fear from being powerless. Get over it. If it's not meant to be, it's not. If you don't wanna overspend, don't. It's really that simple. If he posted 2000 OBO, and waited to get a best offer, it would've satisfied everyone's complaints, and would've turned out EXACTLY the same way, except that then he'd have gotten blasted over his price. It was a lose lose for him with you guys. I'm glad it went to someone who is cool about it, and is in it for the games and the love of the hobby.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I don't have a strong opinion about whether sellers should be able to invite offers in the forums or should be required to list a price. But if it truly is a *rule* here as opposed to just a preference held by many (but clearly not all) Pinsiders, then the forum rules should be updated to reflect that. Otherwise, it's just an invitation for the type of unfortunate exchanges exhibited in this thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-gottlieb-punk/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.