(Topic ID: 98137)

FS: Gottlieb Mustang: $550 and a Skee Ball & shuffle alley! (Lake Meade, PA)

By dmklunk

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by CactusJack
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-650.jpg
image-282.jpg
image-962.jpg
image-951.jpg
image.jpg
20140724_174625.jpg
20140724_174601.jpg
20140724_174529.jpg
20140724_174554.jpg
20140724_174522.jpg
20140724_174517.jpg
20140724_174444.jpg
20140724_174453.jpg
20140724_174431.jpg
Mustang2.jpg
Mustang1.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Have a friend that is looking to sell her 1977 Gottlieb Mustang pinball (EM). 2 player. Nice shape. The owner purchased this machine from another friend of mine and I have shopped & maintained it for the past few years so I can confirm that it has been well taken care of. 100% working and looks great. This one is priced to sell, below 2014 book value. Can try to get pictures if anyone is interested. Available for pickup in Lake Meade, PA 17316 (off of 15 between York Springs and East Berlin). The game is on the first floor. No steps! PM me if you are interested.

Thanks,
Derek

#2 9 years ago

A few pictures. More to come...
EDIT: Should be plenty of pictures below now. Again, I know they're not the best but they should give you a pretty good idea of the condition of the machine. Very good shape and that may be understating it!
Mustang1.jpgMustang1.jpgMustang2.jpgMustang2.jpg20140724_174625.jpg20140724_174625.jpg20140724_174625.jpg20140724_174625.jpg20140724_174601.jpg20140724_174601.jpg20140724_174554.jpg20140724_174554.jpg20140724_174529.jpg20140724_174529.jpg20140724_174522.jpg20140724_174522.jpg20140724_174517.jpg20140724_174517.jpg20140724_174453.jpg20140724_174453.jpg20140724_174444.jpg20140724_174444.jpg20140724_174431.jpg20140724_174431.jpg

#3 9 years ago

Bump for a few pictures. I know the pictures are not the best but the machine is in good shape!

They have a skee ball and EM shuffle bowling alley for sale as well if anyone is interested.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from dmklunk:

They have a skee ball and EM shuffle bowling alley for sale as well if anyone is interested.

Tell me more.

#5 9 years ago

Looks like a nice game. Interested but would like to see a pic of the playfield and back of the backglass
And would need the game shipped to arkansas via navl.

#6 9 years ago

Can you get me a price on the Skeeball Machine or send me their contact info by PM?

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Can you get me a price on the Skeeball Machine or send me their contact info by PM?

Replied to your PM.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Tell me more.

Don't have a whole lot of info on the skee ball or shuffle alley yet. The skee ball is digital though and I think it's a 10ft model. As soon as I have more info I will post it here.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from rstrunks:

Looks like a nice game. Interested but would like to see a pic of the playfield and back of the backglass
And would need the game shipped to arkansas via navl.

I have some more pictures on my computer and I'll put them up right away. Refresh your page and check out the original post in a few minutes.

#10 9 years ago

Rest of the pics are now up in the original post.

#11 9 years ago

They want to get $800 for the skee ball if anyone is interested. It's an authentic skee ball (not a cheap knockoff!) and it's in good working shape. I think there is a microswitch or two missing the actuator but it's in really good shape overall. Set on free play currently but coin works IIRC. Waiting on some more pics of that.

#12 9 years ago

Here are some pictures of the skee ball. Displays are good and everything. Very good shape.
image-650.jpgimage-650.jpgimage-282.jpgimage-282.jpgimage-962.jpgimage-962.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage-951.jpgimage-951.jpg

#13 9 years ago

Shuffle alley is a Bally Super Shuffle. Works great except some of the score reels are sticky. Waiting on the price on that and I'll edit this post as soon as I have it.

#14 9 years ago

I wish I had the room for that skeeball. That thing is gorgeous.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I wish I had the room for that skeeball. That thing is gorgeous.

I had exactly the same thoughts. I probably would pick it up for $800 if I had the room for the thing! Someone that does have the room is getting a great deal.

#16 9 years ago

Yes, that Skee Ball is immaculate! Looks like it is (wait for it)............................... HUO. All it needs is the "football plate" (the coin inlet and coin return plate).

Oddly enough, the Skee Ball in that condition has the most value out of the 3 machines. IMO.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Yes, that Skee Ball is immaculate! Looks like it is (wait for it)............................... HUO. All it needs is the "football plate" (the coin inlet and coin return plate).
Oddly enough, the Skee Ball in that condition has the most value out of the 3 machines. IMO.

Agreed.

#18 9 years ago

I wish I had the cash right now

I want a Skee Ball machine, and this one looks really REALLY nice.

And it's withing driving distance.

Chris

#19 9 years ago

Very good price considering the condition and will be a great deal for someone if it is as nice as it looks in the pictures. I would own it if I had that much extra cash around right now. Looks like I have to try to come up with a little more money before someone else does. In any event - Derek thanks for getting back to me quickly on it.

#20 9 years ago

That is a really nice skee ball machine.

An arcade near me has a bank of the same ones, but they've been in service for over 20 years and are all beat up. I've never had the privilege of seeing one in pristine condition.

Very nice!

Post edited by ForceFlow: typo

#21 9 years ago

I've worked on a ton of skee ball machines when I was a coin tech. That is the nicest one I think I've ever seen. They're usually beat to shit. $800 is a steal. Someone in NE Ohio buy this so I can come over and play it lol!!

#22 9 years ago

Very good price considering the condition and will be a great deal for someone if it is as nice as it looks in the pictures. I would own it if I had that much extra cash around right now. Looks like I have to try to come up with a little more money before someone else does. In any event - Derek thanks for getting back to me quickly on it.

No problem -- I'm trying to work out a deal right now but there's always a chance that the deal can fall through so if you can come up with the cash, definitely let me know.

Thanks,
Derek

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That is a really nice skee ball machine.
An arcade near me has a bank of the same ones, but they've been in service for over 20 years and are all beat up. I've never had the privileged of seeing one in pristine condition.
Very nice!

Thanks! Like I said before I would buy it myself if I had the space for it. Someone will be getting a great deal.

#24 9 years ago

Derek,

How did you make out? Did you get that Skeeball Machine sold?

#25 9 years ago

Derek,

And if it didn't sell, how well does something like that fit into a 6.5 foot bed pickup truck? Are they solid enough to hang out the back and drive 400-ish miles?

#26 9 years ago

Derek,

To be honest, I'm not sure yet. I have had many interested people and I'm trying to sort through everything. I have a guy in Indiana that wants to buy now and pick up later but I haven't heard back from him and I know the sellers would much prefer a cash-and-carry sale. Plus the sellers are out of the country until Sunday so I can't get ahold of them at all. I'm still in the process of working something out but at this point if someone could come forward with a cash-and-carry deal, especially if they'd take 2 or more machines, I think they would get it.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And if it didn't sell, how well does something like that fit into a 6.5 foot bed pickup truck? Are they solid enough to hang out the back and drive 400-ish miles?

Brought mine (same model) home in my 6' bed truck with no issues. The lane goes in first and hangs a little off the back with the tailgate down. The head goes on top with padding in between. Strapped in tight and drove about an hour home on back (bumpy) roads.

If anyone is on the fence about buying a skeeball game (if you have the room), I highly recommend doing it. It's our #1 played game for visitors and my family since we got it last year.

Steve

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I believe it comes apart into two pieces: the lane and then the top part. You should be able to put them into a 6.5ft bed as Steve noted above.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from dmklunk:

I believe it comes apart into two pieces: the lane and then the top part. You should be able to put them into a 6.5ft bed as Steve noted above.

And, the metal legs come off the back. AND, if you really need to tear it down even more, the metal pedestal in front of the lane (cashbox and speaker) can be unbolted from under the lane making the lane even thinner.

#30 9 years ago

BUMP. I have lots of interest in the Skee Ball but the pinball and shuffle alley are still available. Could work out a package deal. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks,
Derek

#31 9 years ago

Mustang looked really nice from pictures but Shuffle Alley will be a tough sell at any price. The last one I had I parted out because I couldn't get $100 for it fully working. I have turned down three free ones so far in 2014. It is a shame they are a lot of fun but no one seems to want them. When I first got into the hobby I made the mistake of buying 7 of them for $150 and thought I got a great deal. Live & learn!

If I had the extra cash I would likely be all over that Mustang but not right now.

#32 9 years ago

Id buy a shuffle alley in kc if one was available.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Id buy a shuffle alley in kc if one was available.

That's the big problem. So many shuffle alleys (as well as Big Ball Bowlers) seem to be in a lot of basements in PA and OH more than anywhere else.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-gottlieb-mustang-550-east-berlin-pa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.