(Topic ID: 94320)

FS: Gene Cunningham Machines - Bloomington, IL (by PPS) - CAX Shipping Option!

By PPS

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PATZ 2009 049.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

I lived in Bloomington for three years in the late 70s. It's a perfectly fine town (has lots of friendly folks and one of my favorite restaurants), but this is the first time in all those years I wish I were back there, at least for a few days. I'd love to see these in person.

#52 5 years ago

My thoughts and prayers go out to Gene and his wife and especially to Kim during this terrible time.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They could be forgiven.

It's a wonderful thing. No one is perfect. You may need it someday.

I need it quite often

#54 5 years ago

Bought #156 Bally Camelot. Backglass is in very nice shape.

Met both Rick and Gene there for the first time. Both nice guys.

#55 5 years ago

Gene and Kim were always nice to me when looking for something hard to find. Yeah... The parts were never easy to find or get, but looking at the big picture to the guy who lost a ton of $$$ rebuilding a rare pin, and a business model others would/will follow... Just sucks to see this happen. Gods sped gene!~SpOoKy

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Gotcha. In your world, old people are given a pass in regards to anything they may have done when they were younger...
I'd like to live in your world. Sounds like a great place.

It's called forgiveness. You may want to try it. You'll live longer and happier.

#57 5 years ago

Did anyone else from out of state buy games from this sale? Have you arranged shipping yet?

If so, what address should I use for NAVL/STI? Is it the 1804 S Morris Ave address?

Marcus

#58 5 years ago

I think one person Gene hosed was James Lofin from pinball inc. Something pretty serious if you listen to James. Cost James a hefty amount dealing with Gene and I think Gene pretty much said "tough shit, that's life".

Chris

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

I think one person Gene hosed was James Lofin from pinball inc. Something pretty serious if you listen to James. Cost James a hefty amount dealing with Gene and I think Gene pretty much said "tough shit, that's life".

Chris

No matter who you like or don't, there is always two sides to an issue. And nobody wins.

LTG : )™

#60 5 years ago

Actually, three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Actually, three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth.

I stand corrected.

LTG : )™

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

Seriously, I wanna know. What's the story here?

When it comes to Gene, if you ask 100 people, you get 100 different stories across a wide spectrum.

The bottom line is Gene is one of a small group of people who is responsible for pinball's resurgence. He never turned away from his love of pinball, and in doing so, contributed a lot to the hobby and the industry. Love him or hate him, he is one of the colorful characters that really made the industry interesting, and we are all better off because he has been around.

I wish Gene the best of luck. I'm happy that I had the privilege of spending time with him and sad that his collection is being liquidated. Having lived through Hurricane Katrina, I can attest that sometimes when it seems like you're losing everything, there is some new hope and peace in having a clean slate. I hope Gene and his family make the best of it and everything works out well.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Did anyone else from out of state buy games from this sale? Have you arranged shipping yet?
If so, what address should I use for NAVL/STI? Is it the 1804 S Morris Ave address?
Marcus

No, the machines are at what I assume is (formerly) Gene's house like a mile away. I did not take note of its address.

#64 5 years ago

I'm no litigator (not really my main focus) but I do know that it is generally best not to speculate on litigation. No one really ever knows what is going on in a suit or why it was brought (the real purpose behind actions is often well masked).

#65 5 years ago

Anyone heading down that way from the Chicago land area that would be willing to pick up a game for some extra money?

#66 5 years ago

You guys should reach out to Brian Saunders (Pinballs of the past) who is in IL. Maybe you can arrange for a bulk pick up and transport. He does go to the Allentown and the York shows each year as well as other places out that way.

#68 5 years ago

Gene,
To you kind sir, Here Here!

Here's to you as good as you are; And here's to me as bad as I am; But as good as you are; And as bad as I am; I'm as good as you are — as bad as I am.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

PATZ 2009 049.jpg

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yeah, you are right. Being homeless at 70 is something to look forward to.

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but I doubt Gene will be homeless.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/illinois-bankruptcy-homestead-exemption.html

http://www.illinoisbankruptcy.com/faq.html#8

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

The good stuff is already cherry picked and gone. Ed

long ago

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside