View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
50862991_2225258197761762_3651611307074912256_n (resized).jpg
48926326_549686515547596_5834505392767369216_n (resized).jpg
50720484_385821228659588_3051753625937248256_n (resized).jpg
50685952_932590373613112_526755065722044416_n (resized).jpg
48419723_348824005901612_863015627353227264_n (resized).jpg
49501673_295202537804713_1969757085247733760_n (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

FS: Game Plan 1 of 10 Global Warfare Roger Sharpe Widebody

Added: 2019-01-24 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (July 2nd, 2019) • Ended: August 17th, 2019
Condition: Used - shows wear, needs some work

Price

$ 11 (OBO)

Open for offers

Hi All -

I recently acquired this very unique game and I am putting out a feeler to see who might be interested. This game is quite rare - from the serial number, it looks to be prototype #9 out of 10. The machine cosmetically is quite nice, but it is currently not working. The seller was a supplier to Game Plan, and Game Plan put this machine at his place of business to see how the employees liked it. He then brought it home where it has been sitting since I purchased it. It was working 100%, but now it won't fully boot. I have no idea what the issue could be. Game is located in Chicago.

There are no records of sale for this game. I have no idea how to price it. I might keep it, but due to space and a move, it will most likely sit in storage for some time, which doesn't feel right for a game like this.

Item photos

48419723_348824005901612_863015627353227264_n (resized).jpg
48926326_549686515547596_5834505392767369216_n (resized).jpg
49501673_295202537804713_1969757085247733760_n (resized).jpg
50685952_932590373613112_526755065722044416_n (resized).jpg
50720484_385821228659588_3051753625937248256_n (resized).jpg
50862991_2225258197761762_3651611307074912256_n (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are MiamiRedSkin's market stats.

bronze Seller Level

MiamiRedSkin has the Pinside Bronze seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to MiamiRedSkin's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Chicago, IL, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

#2 5 years ago

Sold. I’ll take it for $11.

#3 5 years ago

I'll be the first to bid $12. Couldn't resist.

What about just putting it on Ebay instead to avoid the comments like mine? Pretty sure this will turn ugly at some point.

John

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

What about just putting it on Ebay instead to avoid the comments like mine? Pretty sure this will turn ugly at some point.
John

I agree, this will turn for sure now that it is up in the market place as well.

#5 5 years ago

I think this will make the right buyer a happy person. Never seen one of these. GLWS!

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

John

I rather not go through eBay. Not a huge fan of the platform and rather deal with another collector, especially on Pinside. I have nothing but possible feedback from all of my transactions and try and go above and beyond whenever I sell a game - I just have no idea how to price this game.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Pretty sure this will turn ugly at some point.
John

I’ll bet $11 it will start soon

#8 5 years ago

https://www.ipdb.org/images/1015/image-5.jpg

I’m not sure how serial numbers worked...but if 4009 is prototype #9 then what is number 4017...maybe #17? Are there possibly more than 10 of these out there? Thanks in advance for any insight.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#9 5 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

https://www.ipdb.org/images/1015/image-5.jpg
I’m not sure how serial numbers worked...but if 4009 is prototype #9 then what is number 4017...maybe #17? Are there possibly more than 10 of these out there? Thanks in advance for any insight.
[quoted image]

Good question. I have no idea - I saw 4009 on my plaque and assumed that meant machine #9. I could be totally off base in this, but it has been confirmed that 10 units were produced, so maybe the the numbers mean something else?

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

They didn't necessarily start with 4001. It's also possible they did and earlier units were destroyed.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

I just have no idea how to price this game.

You should atleast give a ballpark figure of what you expect to get for this machine. Otherwise random prices are thrown around with no real merit.
-Mike

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

You should atleast give a ballpark figure of what you expect to get for this machine. Otherwise random prices are thrown around with no real merit.
-Mike

This is worth at least $66,000 in all seriousness, this is a real deal non production prototype and it's cool as hell.

#13 5 years ago

3k & open invite to any parties

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

This is worth at least $66,000 in all seriousness, this is a real deal non production prototype and it's cool as hell.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

John

I have no problem with the op posting this ad the way they did. No idea of actual value. This ad should avoid the "you are way off, how dare you" posts. Also, this will get a lot of hits and views so the right people will see it. Seems like an honest upfront ad. GLWTS.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I have no problem with the op posting this ad the way they did. No idea of actual value. This ad should avoid the "you are way off, how dare you" posts. Also, this will get a lot of hits and views so the right people will see it. Seems like an honest upfront ad. GLWTS.

Thank you. I’m trying to connect this game to the right buyer. Not everyone is interested in the rare and obscure (me included), so I thought this was the best approach. It’s near impossible to just throw out a price, and if I do, I would probably be scolded for pricing it too high. Much rather deal with negotiating with interested parties via PM.

#17 5 years ago

for not starting at $65k

#18 5 years ago

Very cool, I have little to no knowledge of production numbers. I have seen this title in person only one time. I don't remember the gameplay too much so it must not have been memorable. The art is cool and it is awesome you shared this. If there is truly a way to prove there are only 10 units that left the factory then its gotta be upwards of 5k. Condition looks good so maybe a little higher than that. Have you reached out to the different pinball museums etc? They may offer more in trade value for something they don't have.

GLWS!

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Very cool, I have little to no knowledge of production numbers. I have seen this title in person only one time. I don't remember the gameplay too much so it must not have been memorable. The art is cool and it is awesome you shared this. If there is truly a way to prove there are only 10 units that left the factory then its gotta be upwards of 5k. Condition looks good so maybe a little higher than that. Have you reached out to the different pinball museums etc? They may offer more in trade value for something they don't have.
GLWS!

It has been confirmed countless times that only 10 prototypes were produced. I believe not all are accounted for. I think I know of 3 others

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

3k & open invite to any parties

If you are open to suggestions ... I would take this offer as the party's are epic & you only live once my friend

#21 5 years ago

One of the other owners would have to flash a ROM to get this going I would think. That could be difficult, but I'd love to see this game live on!

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

One of the other owners would have to flash a ROM to get this going I would think. That could be difficult, but I'd love to see this game live on!

Why do you think that? This game was working so the roms are fine. About a year ago, the game was completely playable, but when I finally made the deal with the seller to buy it a year later, the machine was since sitting and it wasn’t working. I’m not sure what the issue is but I don’t suspect something super drastic.

#23 5 years ago

While it could be several things, ROMs DO go bad. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-roms-go-bad

#24 5 years ago

Just out of curiosity you bought this from the seller correct? You said there’s no record of sales but it seems like since you just bought it yourself that’s as good a place as any to place an asking price. Unless I’m missing something...

#25 5 years ago

You should take bangerjay up on his offer. Yomamasville is so lovely this time of year!

#26 5 years ago

Thank you for confirming that. Very rare item. Has anything said in this thread made you have a value in mind?

Again thanks for sharing. I love the artwork!

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Thank you for confirming that. Very rare item. Has anything said in this thread made you have a value in mind?
Again thanks for sharing. I love the artwork!

I have a couple of conversations ongoing with collectors that might pan out to a deal.

#28 5 years ago

Very unique and neat...
But the shipship on the cabinet totally looks like
a vibrator journeying thru outer space!

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Very unique and neat...
But the shipship on the cabinet totally looks like
a vibrator journeying thru outer space!

This could make a great Mother's Day gift

1 week later
#30 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

This could make a great Mother's Day gift

4 weeks later
#31 5 years ago

Being that Trudeau did the artwork for this pin...his current situation does make the art a little disturbing.

#32 5 years ago

So is this back up for sale/still for sale? I thought you had a buyer for this?

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Being that Trudeau did the artwork for this pin...his current situation does make the art a little disturbing.

I hope your not serious?
-Mike

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Cool, one less potential buyer.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Some people are just born to be instigators and spread ignorance.

#36 5 years ago

Just a bad joke possibly in poor taste based off the previous comments about the artwork...nothing more and nothing less...and definitely not trying to instigate anything. I have been following this thread and wish they made more of these pins as the gameplay looks promising. Sorry if I offended anyone and to the OP sorry I brought some negativity to your for sale thread...I truly hope you find the right buyer!

#37 5 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks this looks similar to Black Hole? Obviously no lower play field, but the flippers and pops and some of the targets... not the exact same numbers or locations, but similar?

#38 5 years ago

You are not alone...the playfield layout is very similar to Black Hole. I believe Global Warfare was from June 1981 and Black Hole was from October 1981...so I guess it’s possible that GW inspired the design of BH or it could just be quite the coincidence???

#39 5 years ago

If it was me I would sell it to Roger Sharpe's son ... But that's like just my opinion man

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

If it was me I would sell it to Roger Sharpe's son ... But that's like just my opinion man

Maybe he could put both names in a hat and choose one?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-game-plan-1-of-10-global-warfare-roger-sharpe-widebody?hl=wrb1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.