• 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by thedefog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gha.jpg
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

I've got medical bills that need to be dealt with soon so these game gotta go unfortunately. Breaks my heart, especially the Funhouse because it it in such good shape 9/10. The Bad Cats I recently picked up and shopped out entirely (real shop-out meaning everything taken apart, cleans, new coil sleeves, flipper rubild). The Funhouse was indeed HUO. It is clean inside and out. Hardly any cosmetic issues to note. I'LL add some picts when i have the energy later can actually type better. I"m still on the mend. I"m just gonna accept the bst cash offer I can grt quickly.

Update: BC is gone, FH is staying. Comet is for sale.
Post edited by thedefog: update

#3 9 years ago

Location of game and nature of medical emergency please.

#4 9 years ago

Get well soon. Hope you catch up on those bills. Wish I could put a bid in on Bad Cats but I am not patient and pulled the trigger on another pin.

#5 9 years ago

Hillsborough Township, NJ according to his market place ads

#6 9 years ago

also my comet is on the chopping block as well. only i can't get plyer 1 & 2 Displays to output. which Also is preventing me from fixing hte reming swith matrix issues. I"ve got countless hrs into the comet and at least $1000 with xpin displays. Could part with it for likr $600

#7 9 years ago

I"M IN HILLSBough nj

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Location of game and nature of medical emergency please.

I got very ill flu I suppose was vomiting blood it was severe an my shitasss insurance doens't cover ambulence trips

#9 9 years ago

Lame. What does an ambulance trip cost these days?

I know you are looking for offers but any ballpark on that Funhouse?

#10 9 years ago

I'm talking to some family right now that are going to try and help me out here, they dont want me to sell these cause they know how much i love them. I'll post another message later anr let efveryone know whAt will happen. I just wanted to get the word out that these were possibly up for sale.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lame. What does an ambulance trip cost these days?

an arm and a leg in nj. so much now that insuance companies dropped them from their plans here. Can go as high at 10k for a single short trip.

#12 9 years ago

Man, I hope you don't have to sell these, but I'm interested in Bad Cats and Comet if it comes to it.

Hope you feel better. Ambulances are astronomically expensive these days Levi. At least $2k.

#13 9 years ago

The comet is being sold regardless. I just really wanted it 200% perfetly working and playing before it left my house (been a year long project).

#14 9 years ago

That's the problem these days. We are required by law to carry insurance but the insurance companies aren't required to pay out for medical needs. I'd get an attorney involved as I don't see how they can't cover it if it was medically necessary as part of an emergency.

Hopefully you can keep your games. I'll keep watching as I want a FH but I don't want to get involved with a silent auction. If a price is mentioned down the road I'll talk with the boss.

#15 9 years ago

Good grief. I had no idea an ambulance could be that expensive. Anyway, best wishes for your health and hope you get what you need out of your pins.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Good grief. I had no idea an ambulance could be that expensive. Anyway, best wishes for your health and hope you get what you need out of your pins.

When my son had a seisure it was about $300 to take the ambulance. We live about 25 minutes away from the hospital.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Good grief. I had no idea an ambulance could be that expensive.

If you request an ambulance ride to the hospital for an earache, they will send one to you. If you are the kind of person who does that, you probably don't worry too much about insurance or paying that ambulance bill. Rest assured somebody pays....

#18 9 years ago

Ambulance rides are way too costly now. My Mother In Law used one in Los Angeles Area last year. It cost over $2,000 out of pocket. The insurance paid a portion, but my in laws still owed the balance.

Unless one is absolutely necessary, I always recommend using a personal vehicle to get the person to the hospital ER.

I hope you feel better soon thedefog. And I hope you are able to keep your games too!

Marcus

#19 9 years ago

Be interested in fh if u need to sell it hope things workout

#20 9 years ago

I'm really bummed to hear this. Well wishes that you can heal quick and the expenses handled ideally without you having to sell.

#21 9 years ago

As a physician, I would recommend an ambulance for true emergencies only (via 911); such as heart attacks, early signs of stroke, drowning, meningitis, major accidents, etc... Otherwise, have someone drive you to the nearest emergency room. If you would like to bring someone if for minor injuries (head bump, or broken collar bone), call the emergency room ahead of time, or have your primary physician's office call the emergency room to expect your arrival.

Here's my soapbox statement: Even if someone has the proper insurance to cover an expensive ambulance ride, the unnecessary ambulance ride may take away from, or delay someone else's "true" emergency, one in which the paramedics would have a true role en route to the hospital.

In any case: What's the price of the Funhouse? Also, how is it HUO?

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

it was about $300 to take the ambulance. We live about 25 minutes away from the hospital.

Only $300? They didn't come & pick you up in this, did they?

gha.jpggha.jpg
#23 9 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

As a physician, I would recommend an ambulance for true emergencies only (via 911); such as heart attacks, early signs of stroke, drowning, meningitis, major accidents, etc... Otherwise, have someone drive you to the nearest emergency room. If you would like to bring someone if for minor injuries (head bump, or broken collar bone), call the emergency room ahead of time, or have your primary physician's office call the emergency room to expect your arrival.
Here's my soapbox statement: Even if someone has the proper insurance to cover an expensive ambulance ride, the unnecessary ambulance ride may take away from, or delay someone else's "true" emergency, one in which the paramedics would have a true role en route to the hospital.
In any case: What's the price of the Funhouse? Also, how is it HUO?

My father is a physician, and I was about to loose consciousness in this case due to severe dehydration and was also in shock, so this was indeed a true emergency, he even recommended calling an ambulance when my wife called him first. I needed an IV immediately. The thing is that sometime you never know until afterward whether it was necessary. But if you don't those few minutes could mean a major difference. And ambulances are truly mobile ERs these days (at least here in NJ). In my case, who knows what could have happen had I had to wait for her to wake my son and get him in the car. Besides, i could not walk and she couldn't have carried me anyway. Freakin' scariest thing that has ever happened to me. I had no clue what was going on.

#24 9 years ago

THank you everyone that pmed me. I'll get to you when i can. my fine motor skills are shot. i cnt type well currently.

#25 9 years ago

I would agree with you and your Father, you were in dire need of an on-sight immediate medical treatment. Some of your symptoms and signs simulated a stroke, a true medical emergency and one that everyone should be aware of. Glad that you were okay and got help before something more serious happened, and that it wasn't a stroke. So, I hope you don't mind if I post a medical commercial break about something slightly more important than pinball....

From the CDC website:
Signs of Stroke in Men and Women
Sudden numbness or weakness in the face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body.
Sudden confusion, trouble speaking, or difficulty understanding speech.
Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance, or lack of coordination.
Sudden severe headache with no known cause.
Call 9-1-1 immediately if you or someone else has any of these symptoms.
Acting F.A.S.T. Is Key for Stroke
Acting F.A.S.T. can help stroke patients get the treatments they desperately need. The most effective stroke treatments are only available if the stroke is recognized and diagnosed within 3 hours of the first symptoms. Stroke patients may not be eligible for the most effective treatments if they don’t arrive at the hospital in time.

If you think someone may be having a stroke, act F.A.S.T.1 and do the following simple test:

F—Face: Ask the person to smile. Does one side of the face droop?
A—Arms: Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?
S—Speech: Ask the person to repeat a simple phrase. Is their speech slurred or strange?
T—Time: If you observe any of these signs, call 9-1-1 immediately.

#26 9 years ago

So the Comet is definitely for sale. Almost got the display bugs out of it. Once it is 100% I'll have photos up and some idea of a price. As of right now, I probably won't have to part with both FH & BC. Possibly one. As soon as I know, I'll let everyone know which and how much.

#27 9 years ago

Glad to hear it - I hate to hear of anyone having to sell their best games in a distress sale, and those are 2 great system 11s. I hope you're feeling better.

#28 9 years ago

Okay Comet is just about ready to go up for sale. Thinking $800. has blue x-pin displays. It is far from perfect though. Ill post photos later.

#29 9 years ago

thedefog , Sorry to hear about your situation. That's really tough and I know how much you wanted to work and keep your Comet considering you got rid of your Centaur in favor of it. Really hope your alright and that things can work out for you. GLWTS.

#30 9 years ago

Photos hopefully will be up tonight showing the extensive work I did on this one.

#31 9 years ago

In case anyone was wondering what an ambulance ride down the road costs in NJ - $2461
What my insurance Horizion Blue Cross of NJ covers of that? Not much of that unfortunately. Terrible fkucing insurance company. I'd advise all to steer clear of them.

#32 9 years ago

And since I've been too sick w flu to be motivated to take pictures of the game currently, you can check out the restoration thread I did - there are some pictures of the populated PF in there: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comet-restoration-first-playfield-restore-job

#33 9 years ago

And it is gone, sold to a friend nearby.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

In case anyone was wondering what an ambulance ride down the road costs in NJ - $2461
What my insurance Horizion Blue Cross of NJ covers of that? Not much of that unfortunately. Terrible fkucing insurance company. I'd advise all to steer clear of them.

Makes me happy I live in NZ... If you have to go in an ambulance, they send you a bill for $80. Regardless of distance or whatever. And people moan about paying that lol! Then they take you to the hospital where it is free. Triple bypass ... $0. Nice one.

Hope it all gets sorted out for you!

rd.

#35 9 years ago

I want to move to NZ. That has been the ultimate destination for me. I need to visit it at least once in my lifetime. It is such a fascinating place, like its own mini-earth.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I want to move to NZ. That has been the ultimate destination for me. I need to visit it at least once in my lifetime. It is such a fascinating place, like its own mini-earth.

Be sure to bring the Bad Cats when you come down

rd.

#37 9 years ago

The only Bad Cats that i'd be able to bring will be my actual 3 bad cats. Bad Cats is going back to its original home/owner as early as this weekend.

#38 9 years ago

The FH is staying though. So that is good news. Down to two games now though. I'll be looking for a new project game in the coming months.

#39 9 years ago

Bad cats is going back to Ricks place?

rd.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Bad Cats is going back to Ricks place?
rd.

Yep. He missed it. So he got first dibs on it, that, and he's a great guy.

#41 9 years ago

pm sent. Pissed off you didn't call if you needed help. I'm right down the road from you. And I'll only charge a 6 pack. But seriously, you need anything, CALL ME!

#42 9 years ago

I wish I could drink a 6 pack. I've got a gi bleed on top of everything else, so no beer or spicy food for a while (my two favorite things in the world). The only positive thing that came out of this was that my chunky ass lost about 15 lbs so now i'm back in the healthy weight category once again.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Yep. He missed it. So he got first dibs on it, that, and he's a great guy.

Awesome and Rick's a great guy. Glad it's all working out for you somewhat.

#44 9 years ago

thanks dmacy. Yeah, I should be cool now financially with both these games going. They're just toys afterall. Really freakin awesome toys.

#45 9 years ago

Hey thedefog, sorry to see all of this go down but you made good new homes for your pins and at least you have your health. My wife recently slipped on black ice and fractured her wrist. After my insurance paid 90% of the ER and multiple DR. Bills were are out 3+ grand. I feel your pain brotha but there only toys and you will get more back. Hang in there man~SpOoKy

#46 9 years ago

Thank Spooky. My wife did the same thing last year.

2 weeks later
#47 9 years ago

So just an update to anyone that was interested. Turns out I legitimately had a stroke. Cerebellum hemorrhage. Age 33, perfect health. I ended up at upenn hospital all last week doing all kinds of tests, 2 mris, angiogram, monitoring of all kinds. They still aren't sure how it happened, but it may have to do with a combination of clotting factors specific to my blood along with the viral episode I had / blood thickening episode a month ago from dehydration. It is highly irregular and unlikely for it to happen in someone my age, I'm just waiting for some more lab work to come back. But when you loose 3 liters of fluids and you only have 5 liters of blood in your body, all kinds of bad things can happen.

So essentially I just wanted to repeat F.A.S.T. that bestshot posted above. If any of you guys ever experience any of those signs, don't delay or try and tough it out. Get help.

1 week later
#48 9 years ago

Comet is for sale again. Final sale fell through. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/18129

added a bunch of picts.

#49 9 years ago

Bump. Comet is still here. Price drop $750.

#50 9 years ago

Price drop. Gotta pay med bills, so have to sell this relatively soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 19.99
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-funhouse-bad-cats and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.