(Topic ID: 22135)

FS: Funhouse $2000- Don't Bother, it's crap.

By Matt_johnson

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

So I was searching Craigslist the other day using the phrase "pin ball" rather than "pinball" and a few machines popped up in the search that wouldn't under "pinball"

I tried to find a way to buy this machine but I don't have the discretionary funds at the moment. I haven't looked at it but I contacted the seller to make sure it was still for sale and it is.

So if you're interested, I think it's a good price, or give him an offer.

flint.craigslist.org link

#2 11 years ago

I trust anyone that writes in all caps.

(Not a bad price, mind you).

#3 11 years ago

probably some old dude, barely knows how to use a computer. I call legit. If it weren't so far and I had a pin sold, I would so be buying this.

#4 11 years ago

He responded with a detailed email and seemed to know what he was talking about, and it wasn't in all-caps He listed all of the negatives which leads me to believe he's a straight up guy. I didn't want to post it here, but I'll say there isn't anything to kill the deal for me, at all. I'd love to get it, but I'd offer $1800 if the playfield is good. I told him he might want to re-list it with the word "pinball" so it shows up in searches. I'll guess it won't be there long after that.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Matt_johnson:

I told him he might want to re-list it with the word "pinball" so it shows up in searches. I'll guess it won't be there long after that.

Umm...thanks?

Those are the kind of facts in a deal we all wait for man.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Umm...thanks?
Those are the kind of facts in a deal we all wait for man.

What do you mean? I'm not brokering deals here, just putting it out there. I gave him some advice on his listing but I don't mean to give any advice or info on selling or buying.

This is also an example of searching both the word pinball and the phrase "pin ball." There were three machines in my area that I hadn't seen because they don't contain the word. The other two were way overpriced crap. But you never know.

#7 11 years ago

I gave him some advice on his listing...

That's what I'm saying...shh It's us against them

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's what I'm saying...shh It's us against them

Ah yes, of course (eyes rolling got to me.) It's just I've been trying to come up with a way to buy it for a week and it's driving me nuts I just want somebody to buy the damn thing so I can get some sleep!

#9 11 years ago

Man I would pay to get it shipped here if I could get it for 1800...love me some FunHouse

#10 11 years ago

So did you buy it??

#11 11 years ago

Send pics and I'll offer

#12 11 years ago

Been working on this deal for weeks and all of a sudden now the guy has dropped off the face of the earth for some reason.......hmmm.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#13 11 years ago

sent him two emails and no response

#14 11 years ago

Well, I sent him a message on 8-7 and got a response on 8-9 in which he said it was still for sale. I did send him a message last night on behalf of a friend for more info. I guess we'll see what happens.

Sorry John, didn't know. Just saw it had been sitting there for a month and thought it had fallen through the cracks. He could just be waiting for word on another offer.

#15 11 years ago

Just did a local pin ball search and found an estate sale with slots, vending machines and a pin ( WWF ). Thanks!

#16 11 years ago

True story: did the "pin ball" search this morning. Found a funhouse for $250!!! Emailed but was sold already. I just about cried. Looked nice too. Cl Syracuse ny

#17 11 years ago

Yeah, CL's search must not have the algorithms to deal with phrases like Google does.

#18 11 years ago

Well he got back to me and just said "thanks for the help, have a great day." He didn't offer any information. It was kind of strange though, he sent me two messages and one was blank. IDK...

Hope you guys are having better luck with that guy.

I came across a FT at a garage sale just a while ago. I don't know if I'll make a post for it or not. I took a few of pics and talked the guy down to $1500. PM me if you're interested. I have all of his info. It's a nice machine just dirty and has switch errors. Slight playfeld wear but no fade on cab. There could be something that I didn't see in the 10min I spent looking it over.

#19 11 years ago

Well he got back to me and just said "thanks for the help, have a great day." He didn't offer any information. It was kind of strange though, he sent me two messages and one was blank. IDK...
Hope you guys are having better luck with that guy.
I came across a FT at a garage sale just a while ago. I don't know if I'll make a post for it or not. I took a few of pics and talked the guy down to $1500. PM me if you're interested. I have all of his info. It's a nice machine just dirty and has switch errors. Slight playfeld wear but no fade on cab. There could be something that I didn't see in the 10min I spent looking it over.

If the topper is there and the cab is in good shape, that's worth $1500 I'd say. CPR is trying to get a playfield to use to start the artwork for a repro. If the cab is in good you could swap in a playfield and have a nice FT. It will be interesting to see what happens with the price of FT's if that happens.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

If the topper is there and the cab is in good shape, that's worth $1500 I'd say. CPR is trying to get a playfield to use to start the artwork for a repro. If the cab is in good you could swap in a playfield and have a nice FT. It will be interesting to see what happens with the price of FT's if that happens.

I've only played the game through Future Pinball and even though I know it's not close to the same thing as the real deal, it just doesn't excite me. So for me it would have to be a really good price. I think the playfield looked pretty good. The wear I did see was around the edges of the inserts, but it wasn't bad at all. But you just never know with dirty machines. The three that I have shopped all turned out to be a lot nicer than I thought. Spots that I thought were wear were just dirt trails. however on this one, I'm certain some of it is truly wear.

But yeah, the topper is there and the cab is in good shape.

#21 11 years ago

Ok, here's the story. I found this game on CL a month ago. Emailed the guy and it took 10 days to get a response which was basically saying he still has it for sale. I ask some questions and a phone number......another 5 days go by before I get a reply that basically doesn't amount to much. A few more short emails back and forth and after three weeks of trying I finally get some very poor and dark pictures that dont really show much. I ask for more and better lighted pics that he says he will send me the next day....4-5 more days and still nothing so I said why dont I just come look at it in person ( since getting any information and pictures from this guy is like pulling teeth) and plus its taken a MONTH to get this far. When I'm finally able to talk to him on the phone two days ago he says its got a display issue but its nothing serious.

Today I make the 2 hour each way drive, walk through a filty, packed full of crap basement and stepping over piles of clothes that are laying everywhere on the floor all around the game. The playfield is pitted from the ball and full of swirls, scratches, touch ups and mylar. Most of the GI lights are out, the display is gassing out on the top row, bottom row looked good, the ramp is all busted up at the entrance, broken plastics, Rudys jaw doesn't work and he has been taken apart and not put back together, cabinet is somewhat faded, the trap door hinge is broken. Someone replaced the GI connectors but the GI still didn't work for the most part. Lifting the display and speaker panel out causes both displays to go out totally. And the kicker was the back of the cabinet looked like it got wet at one time or another. I mean this thing is CRAP !!

So finally I ask whats the best price and he says that since there selling on Ebay for $5K this one is still $2K and he's now not taking any best offers like the ad said. I explained it will need $1K worth of parts and then there's still the playfield issues and each one of the inserts are worn off and there raised a 1/16th of a inch. Plus the playfield will need to be shopped etc...
And he thinks that replacing the display will cost $500, but I didn't argue thinking it would help get the price down, which it didn't. I didn't even want to pay $1500, and I'm thinking its a $1k game at best the way it sits and thats only because its a Funhouse.

I put the game back together, asked him one more time on the price and he still says $2K and I shook his hand and left. Total waste of time and gas money, so if your thinking about making this deal happen for yourself.....think again.

Now you know the rest of the story.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#22 11 years ago

Poor rudy!! I paid $1950 for mine in January and while it needed shopped it totally cleaned up fine and the only issure it had (being a noob I didnt even notice this till a week later when it was all cleaned up) is no flashers. Changing the bridge rectifiers fixed that right up and now its great. Id probably give $800-1000 for the one you described and it would need a total rehab!

#23 11 years ago

Thanks for the heads up John.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

CPR is trying to get a playfield to use to start the artwork for a repro.

Oooh! Buy up the trashed funhouses boys, we can do some nice restorations and save a few of these great machines and make some cash too!

#25 11 years ago

I think "pin ball" is the proper term for a game that is not all it's cracked up to be!

#26 11 years ago

Thanks for the heads up, John. I was pretty much able to figure out from the phone conversation that I had with the guy that I wasn't going to be making the hour and 15 min. trek to see it.

#27 11 years ago

Where is it located?

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Where is it located?

Lapeer, MI-- about 45 mins north of Detroit

#29 11 years ago

huh, pin ball. who woulda thunk? desmoines.craigslist.org link

hmmm...THIS also came up in the search... desmoines.craigslist.org link

#30 11 years ago

Good thing I read this post. I was thinking of making the trip tmrw to pick it up. Yeesh. Thanx for saving me a sick day Dayhuff.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

huh, Pin Ball. who woulda thunk?

This is one of the secrets of CL searches. You tend to find more of these in rural areas (for obvious reasons). Only problem is, you end up having to scroll through listings for stuff like ball hitches, bowling pins, etc.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

This is one of the secrets of CL searches. You tend to find more of these in rural areas (for obvious reasons). Only problem is, you end up having to scroll through listings for stuff like ball hitches, bowling pins, etc.

Thats true, but its also how I found my LOTR thats HUO for $2500

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek,Mi.
269-979-3836

#33 11 years ago

John -
Saw your "Rest of the story" on CL this morning. Did not realize that it was you who posted it, but it was good info. Seller sounds like a moron. Your post seems to have disappeared from CL already.

#34 11 years ago

Whoops.... my bad.
John's CL post is either back or still up currently.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Only problem is, you end up having to scroll through listings for stuff like ball hitches, bowling pins, etc.

You can wrap "pin ball" in quotes and it will only search for instances where pin and ball appear with a space in between. It would not return, for example, the following text: "Pin shaped ball hitch"... But would return "Pin ball machine in decent shape".

Other craigslist operators that might help are the minus sign. That will return posts which DON'T have a certain term. When searching for stand up arcade machines, I'll often search for

arcade -xbox

Which will filter out xbox results and help me narrow my search, because XBox has an 'arcade' version or game titles that have arcade in the word.

#36 11 years ago

I use searchtempest.com for my CL searches. You can use " " to cover your terms to narrow your searches. Try it, good luck

JAG

#37 11 years ago

I just read in the Detroit Free Press that the 337 million dollar Powerball ticket was bought in Lapeer, MI. Maybe if this guy was the winner, he could just give the machine away.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from flipperfingers:

I just read in the Detroit Free Press that the 337 million dollar Powerball ticket was bought in Lapeer, MI. Maybe if this guy was the winner, he could just give the machine away.

Thats what he should do, its certainly not worth much more then free. Just glad I didn't give him the satisfaction and pull the trigger on this game. With all the games I've bought over the years there is only maybe three I've walked away from and this turd deserved it.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Thats what he should do, its certainly not worth much more then free. Just glad I didn't give him the satisfaction and pull the trigger on this game. With all the games I've bought over the years there is only maybe three I've walked away from and this turd deserved it.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Just saw your CL post John. Classic. I hope the owner reads it.

As for the powerball...I saw the news and started to run for my ticket to look. Then I saw "Lapeer." Barf

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

Just saw your CL post John. Classic. I hope the owner reads it

do share!

#41 11 years ago

It's word for word what John posted earlier in the thread.

It's a nice warning to others...

#42 11 years ago

You can find the post here until it's flagged

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

It's word for word what John posted earlier in the thread.
It's a nice warning to others...

Hey it's the Wolf! How you doin, man?

#44 11 years ago

The moral hazard of doing business on a glorified free classified ad site?
If anyone expects anything for free or for most ads on there to be great deals,
then they are nuts and or stupid!

#45 11 years ago

Man there is a rash of insanely priced machines in my area. Most people are idiots. They can't spell; they can't figure out how to post pictures and they certainly do not have the slightest idea of what it is they are selling. These idiots are going to price us all out of this hobby.

I was going to call tonight on a Flash and work out an offer. Well it turns out that after searching for the post it turned up newly listed in a different town with the same pics and post but now the price went from $700 OBO to $1000. WTF? I've seen this before, though.

#46 11 years ago

I noticed that the headline said "Fuhouse" and not "FuNhouse." I now and forever will call it the "F.U.House" pinball when I see Dayhuff. It was truly a F'd Up House.

#47 11 years ago

Man there is a rash of insanely priced machines in my area. Most people are idiots. They can't spell; they can't figure out how to post pictures and they certainly do not have the slightest idea of what it is they are selling. These idiots are going to price us all out of this hobby.
I was going to call tonight on a Flash and work out an offer. Well it turns out that after searching for the post it turned up newly listed in a different town with the same pics and post but now the price went from $700 OBO to $1000. WTF? I've seen this before, though.

Oh you must be speaking of the Space Mission and Splash pinball machine. Either someone is messing around with us or is plain old stupid

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

Oh you must be speaking of the Space Mission and Splash pinball machine. Either someone is messing around with us or is plain old stupid

Yeah, that's the one.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

Hey, that was originally in your town.

Man, I miss going up by you to fly fish. I wonder if it's still good?

#50 11 years ago

Hey, that was originally in your town.
Man, I miss going up by you to fly fish. I wonder if it's still good?

I saw middleville, then rockford, then middleville again on the posting. Strange and messed up. I didn't even bother contacting.

Tell you what though. I've already got a Flash. If you contact this....person....and manage a package deal for both machines I'm actually interested in the Space Mission. If you didn't want it I would take it off your hands for you.

They did a nice job finishing the dam downtown. Looks nice and folks are fishing off it all the time. Fly fishing is better downstream a bit out of everyones way. Cozy little town here. I'm a transplant but it's been growing on me year by year

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Norwalk, OH
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-funhouse-2000-obo-mi-cl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.