Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by merfeldma
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

OK - I have been looking for a TOM or WH2O and everyone that wants to get rid of them wants to sell...not trade. That being said, I am going to put my Funhouse up for sale as well in order to collect some cash for one of these...

The machine is beautiful - this was an amateur restore (minor CC issues that do not affect gameplay). New ramps, cab decals, and plastics on this baby. Located in NE Ohio, but willing to ship via NAVL on legs if buyer sets it up.

Pics on request - looking to get 3700

Thanks,

Justin

#2 11 years ago

Bump - dropping price to 3700.

#3 11 years ago

Morning bump.

#4 11 years ago

How about posting some pictures to help the cause... You might be scaring off potential buyers with the "amateur restoration" description.

I have a FH already. Great game, and on deck for a full restoration including IPB playfield.

#5 11 years ago

Sure thing.

Here is a link to the Funhouse pictures taken by Casey Bryson:

https://plus.google.com/photos/103471951683743085681/albums/5795322065374204753/5795322065689044978

The CC issues are minor, but I wanted to call them out to be sure any buyer knows. There are some minor ripples (one on the left shooter lane - very small and another very small by the Pop bumpers) and some minor clouding in a couple inserts. Neither of the issues affect gameplay at all and are not noticeable from a player's prospective. Outside of those, the game is beautiful - new cab decals, cab protectors, plastics, ramps, etc.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,

Justin

#6 11 years ago

I too love funhouse! Great shots, fun playing game! And now that I'm divorced... I can finally own it! Yes, the ExWife found Rudy to be way too creepy!

That was the only pinball machine that I could never get the OK to buy. I've gotta get it now. lol.

-Aaron

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Pics on request - looking to get 3700

Quoted from jyeakley:

Bump - dropping price to 3700.

??

Dan

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from IowaPinballClub:

I too love Funhouse! Great shots, fun playing game! And now that I'm divorced... I can finally own it! Yes, the ExWife found Rudy to be way too creepy!
That was the only pinball machine that I could never get the OK to buy. I've gotta get it now. lol.
-Aaron

Well... Here's your chance! Git-r-dun

#9 11 years ago

MrWizzo I edited the original post from 4k to 3700.

#10 11 years ago

Dropping again to 3500.

#11 11 years ago

None of my business - but I would wait a few days or weeks before dropping the price.

#12 11 years ago

Yeah - 3500 is the lowest I can go...I am trying to be fair on price - not trying to make a profit here (already losing some $$ on this one since I had it shipped). Great game for FH fans!

Need some $$ to fund a replacement

#13 11 years ago

To be honest i think the price is still high. Game is not in great shape. Cabinet needs work. Playfield looks nice but in some places where it looks like clear it also looks like mylar.. hard to tell.

A really nice FH is 2800-3k CQ one is 3500-4k Remember its a sys11

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

To be honest i think the price is still high. Game is not in great shape. Cabinet needs work. Playfield looks nice but in some places where it looks like clear it also looks like mylar.. hard to tell.

Well said. Much too high. I know i'd think twice because you started at 4000, dropped to 3700, now at 3500, all within a day.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Well said. Much too high. I know i'd think twice because you started at 4000, dropped to 3700, now at 3500, all within a day.

Fair enough - I really was adjusting based on feedback and not trying to lose my shirt on the deal.

#16 11 years ago

In that condition, it probably is closer to a $2,000 game.

Is there Mylar under the clear coat in those pictures?

It's hard to tell what I'm seeing, but if there is Mylar under the clear, the value would be less than $2,000.

#17 11 years ago

As a buyer, I would look at that as shady. I'm not saying you are, I'm sure you are a stand up guy, just my observation. I like your photo spread, very detailed and nice. Should sell right around there. Good luck with the sale

#18 11 years ago

There is no mylar - it is a PF overlay from PHX arcade that has been cleared over top.

#19 11 years ago

edit - nevermind, was questioning if in fact it was an overlay. That's important to most.....

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Funhouse is not a system 11 game. It is a WPC alpha numeric game.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

There is no mylar - it is a PF overlay from PHX arcade that has been cleared over top.

Ah, this is very important to point out!

So am I seeing in the photos that the overlay is wrinkled in places? Or is it something else?

#22 11 years ago

Yes - there are some minor wrinkles in a couple places that do not affect gameplay. Honestly, the game plays awesome and looks great from a players prospective.

#23 11 years ago

Had someone bought your game for $4000, had it shipped, and THEN found out it had an overlay; I'd hate to think what would happen....

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Had someone bought your game for $4000, had it shipped, and THEN found out it had an overlay; I'd hate to think what would happen....

What is the big deal with there being an overlay?

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

game plays awesome and looks great from a players prospective.

you said it best, it's a players game.
whoever did the "restore" forgot to clean the inside of the cab and i don't think they prepared the cab properly before applying the new decals. some of the touch-ups under the display are the wrong shade of blue.
i don't understand why someone would spend so much time and money fixing up this game and not even touch the lockdown bar assembly. it's filthy.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

What is the big deal with there being an overlay?

It's a huge deal.

Overlays are notorious for lifting, bubbling, fading, dimming the inserts and changing the play of the game.

The entire feel of the game is different with an overlay.

There were two KISS games in the same row at an expo a few years ago and everyone was asking how the one played so different than the other - the overlay softened the feel of the game.

#27 11 years ago

Good to know - I will let anyone interested know about the overlay.

#28 11 years ago

looks like a good players machine for sure. seems like you put time and money into it, why not just hang onto it for life and safe some money for your TOM or WH2O? seems you restored it, its an older keeper. just my 2 cents.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Funhouse is not a system 11 game. It is a WPC alpha numeric game.

My mistake.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Ok I will have to revise my quotes.. its MAYBE a 2100 game now. That overlay and the fact it was cleared over (you said amateur restore) makes me think that clear is a rattle can job.
Relist it as a players quality game and ask 2k and you will likely get it. No where north of 2300 unless you sell it to someone inexperienced.

No one knows what it looks like under the overlay. It could be damaged which means the overlay is likely to bubble/rip/gouge.

#31 11 years ago

I did not do the restore - bought it this way. Lesson Learned. I may end up keeping it, who knows - just think someone will enjoy more than I. I am open to offers.

#32 11 years ago

You said you had it shipped to you. Did the seller explain the overlay problems before you bought it? Are the wrinkles smooth now from the clearcoat? How long have you had it?

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I believe it would be exactly like the recent Paragon thread.

#34 11 years ago

Yeah it came clear coated with the wrinkles...he explained the issue with the wrinkling, but sounded like it was no big deal and I trusted him. Oh well, at this point I might just keep it.

#35 11 years ago

Keep it, have a hot dog, and learn to love it. It is a great game.

#36 11 years ago

i feel bad for the op because he seems honest and it sounds like someone didn't tell him the whole truth when he purchased the game.

Can we ask where you got it from? was it an ebay sale?

#37 11 years ago

Don't get too down, maybe the more you play it the more you will enjoy it. I've had several machines like that.

My opinion, if you want to keep trying to sell it, drop the word "restore" and describe it as a mostly clean players machine with a bunch of new parts topside and some cabinet issues. Be clear and upfront about the overlay and the wrinkles and the problems with the clear coat.

I still think you could draw $2500+ in the current market. But it's still about $1500 and many, many man-hours away from being called "restored", even by "amateur" standards.

I remember when that machine was for sale a couple months ago, and the seller was upfront about the overlay, and I remember he also chose to use the words "amateur restore". It is what it is...at least you don't have a $3500 Hook or something like that.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Can we ask where you got it from?

read all the posts. Not too hard to figure out. No value judgement about the seller, just answering your question.

#39 11 years ago

It is what it is...the previous owner seemed like a good guy - maybe he really thought it was worth what I paid, not looking to tarnish anyone's reputation. There are a lot bigger problems going on right now with people losing power and getting flooded for me to worry about losing money on a pin deal. Lesson learned - I will be more careful next time.

In the meantime, I guess I will just keep it until a reasonable trade or offer comes my way.

Thanks for the feedback - lots of good stuff for the future.

#40 11 years ago

I paid 2400 for mine, and yours is a lot nicer looking. Mine is an original with a mylar and has a few lifting inserts, even.

I didn't buy it for an investment. I bought it to play it.

Play it 'till you get your money out of it.

#41 11 years ago

Justin is a very nice guy.
I am sure someone will take the game give it some time. Christmas is coming. Put it up on Craigslist I am sure someone will buy it.
I wish we could have made the trade that I offered. I understand you not wanting my games since thy were not the ones on your want list. Good luck with your sale.

#42 11 years ago

OP is obviously a class act. Nothing shady about this. I appreciate people who are honest and take information from folks in stride. We all have that purchase that we may have been misled or under informed about but I agree with everyone. Keep it and play it till the PF is bare

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

it's not a System 11, it's WPC.

Ops, I see someone pointed that out already...

#44 11 years ago

I think of it as the premium of the system 11's because of the display...I had a proto with system 11 sound jumper board in it from the fatory. Kind of interesting. I think it lacked a couple of normal production sounds as well but had DP playfield, wide side rails and a pokin' out start button....Dumb of me to sell that one.

GL with the sale

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

It is what it is...the previous owner seemed like a good guy - maybe he really thought it was worth what I paid, not looking to tarnish anyone's reputation. There are a lot bigger problems going on right now with people losing power and getting flooded for me to worry about losing money on a pin deal. Lesson learned - I will be more careful next time.
In the meantime, I guess I will just keep it until a reasonable trade or offer comes my way.
Thanks for the feedback - lots of good stuff for the future.

You're taking this all pretty well. If it were me I'd swap that playfield out. It's really hurting the value way too much.

Good luck,

Brian

#46 11 years ago

Yeah - you could swap the pf out and as long as the cabinet is decent - have a pretty nice game. Course FH pfs are not cheap either.

2 weeks later
#47 11 years ago

If you end up keeping it I plan on restoring a FH playfield this winter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 29.95
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Norwalk, OH
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-funhouse-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.