Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by gregh43
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Picked up two Bally Playboy pins today and they both had some very nice glass. I would consider selling one or both, but not really sure what they are worth. If anyone is interested shoot me a message. I am sure these suck to ship too, if you have any ideas on that I would appreciate.

Again, not 100% sure I would sell, but maybe I would. They both look very nice. One small flake is off the second one in the top left black area.

The first one has one minor flake off the one girls leg. Some areas appear to have early signs of flaking, but still in tact. Pics below...

Before you tell me the pics suck, I know they do. My camera is MIA and this is with my iPad.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#2 6 years ago

Timeless Art work, Very nice,

Wow how did i miss that Granny in the pool

#3 6 years ago

Wow, great find. How much for one?

#4 6 years ago

Not sure on the price. I would entertain offers. I am going to start going through the machines this weekend to see if one or both is salvageable.

They both turned on, but that's about it.

Figured I would get a head start on the glass since they were pretty nice.

#5 6 years ago

Saw one of these in person last weekend (the whole machine)....when I saw the old lady in the water on the left side I started laughing ....GLWS

1 month later
#6 6 years ago

Just to close out the post, I decided to keep both. Restoring one machine completely and a partial restore of the other. Got them both working 100%, all new alltek boards in one, and now doing the finishing touches! Thanks for the offers.

Fyi - Two were actually higher than what I purchased both machines for! If you have extras of these lying around and need a few bucks you would easily be able to sell them quickly.

4 months later
#7 6 years ago

Do you still have one for sale ???

#8 6 years ago

This game is worth it for a high end restoration (IMHO). Its gameplay doesn't get much respect but I enjoy it and find it pleasantly difficult. Keep it on 3 balls and don't have the keys carry over and it can be tricky to get high scores. When not being played, it's a beautiful piece of 70's Bally art.

#9 6 years ago

New Bally Playboy CPR Backglasses coming this year, I already have the Artwork Done.......

#10 6 years ago

Quick story: a guy in my town listed a Playboy on Craigslist last year, it had sat in his garage on no legs for 15 years, "working when stored" but very worn. Ridiculous asking price of $2k. Over the next couple months it would pop up again a few times, first for 1650, then 1600, then 1200. I would have picked it up as a project for a few hundred but this guy wouldn't budge.

One Saturday morning it popped up again with "reasonable offer takes it" and a few pictures. Apparently, someone had tried to pick it up off the garage floor by the backbox, and tore off the backbox, the neck, and the entire back of the machine. It looked like the backglass was still good, so I called the guy and went to take a look. The glass was pretty good, just a couple of small scratches but no bubbling or peeling. I offered him 50 for it and he told me to take the whole thing for 75. Brought home the remains, stripped the cabinet of every last unboltable part, and put it to the curb (it was really a lost cause). Gonna strip and repaint the backbox this summer and display it (hopefully wired up so the lights work), and clean up and display the playfield.

The real shame is that if the owner didn't believe he was sitting on a "priceless artifact", it was probably restorable and there wouldn't be one less Playboy in the world.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

New Bally Playboy CPR Backglasses coming this year, I already have the Artwork Done.......

Any chance of a playfield re-run?

#12 6 years ago

Sorry, I sold it. I restored one machine, partially restored another and sold em both. They are nice to look at but not to much fun to play.

They are worth doing a full restore on. A fresh paint job really makes this one pop! Love the pink and black colors.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from EAZ:

Stu said:

Any chance of a playfield re-run?

Would also love to get a CPR Bally Playboy Playfield, been trying to track down a playfield for a while.

-Joe

2 months later
#14 5 years ago

How much ???

1 month later
#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Any word on the RePro BG's

#16 5 years ago

I have an NOS Playboy backglass, a CPR playfield, plastics set, drop targets and pop caps along with my own signature parts for the pin.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I have an NOS Playboy backglass, a CPR playfield, plastics set, drop targets and pop caps along with my own signature parts for the pin.

Are you selling them or telling us that we'll be drooling over your machine?

#18 5 years ago

Thanks for the Update Stu.. Any info on the Lost World backglasses? I been waiting for over a year
for CPR.. to kick them out. Also this suxs when people post ads selling stuff then back out. Oh well Iam waiting for CPR for a
Fresh BackGlass

#19 5 years ago

I'm hoping to get Lost World & Playboy out by the end of the year.....We have so much going on right now it's Chaos.....

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Are you selling them or telling us that we'll be drooling over your machine?

One backglass is sold. I still have another one that is very nice but not as immaculate as the 1st one. When I tried to put one of my 3/16" plastic edge trim pieces on the top edge the paint started to chip so I immediately stopped and masked-off the back and sprayed a 1/2" strip of triple thick across the top edge. It is no noticeable from the front and still very presentable. $300+shipping and I include all new lift channel and plastic edge trim with it. Pics available on request.

#21 5 years ago

Thanks again Stu! Appreciate the update. I'll keep a lookout.. I dont wanna miss out on purchasing them..

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside