(Topic ID: 119177)

Fish Tales Monster Fish Mod !!! NOW available in COLORS!

By theGiven

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by cyberfez
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MFmod-B_small_(resized).png
MF_EYE_COLORS.jpg
MF colors.jpg
MF EYE COLORS.jpg
MF EYE COLORS.jpg
image.jpg
FTails.jpg
image.jpg
12.jpg
IMG_20141123_175219.jpg
2933T 2.JPG
2933t 1.jpg
IMG_20150221_180807568.jpg
MonsterFishMOD--400px.jpg
11.jpg
10.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theGiven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I've always liked this Monster Fish figure and decided to take it to the next level.

I've been working on this off and on since November, let me know what you think! It really ties in with the theme well.

Each figure is fitted w/ 3mm LEDs for the eyes that match the flash sequence to the monster fish "hurry-up" insert on the playfield. The wedge socket on the other end has a frosted cool white LED included.

This is a plug and play mod and takes less than 5 minutes to install. Unscrew one nut, install monster fish, run connector harness to bottom side of playfield, and connect socket.

Choose eye colors from: RED, ORANGE, GREEN, YELLOW or PURPLE !!!

Follow this link for more installation details/pics:
http://s902.photobucket.com/user/theGiven_album/slideshow/MonsterFishMod%20Installation%20Instructions?sort=6

Follow this link to see it working in attract mode:

For sale...listed in marketplace.... $39/shipped to the lower 48US states.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/17522

thanks!
Paul in NC

MonsterFishMOD--400px.jpgMonsterFishMOD--400px.jpg
IMG_20141101_182652.jpgIMG_20141101_182652.jpg

MF EYE COLORS.jpgMF EYE COLORS.jpg

1 week later
#2 9 years ago

Bump!!

22.jpg22.jpg

3.jpg3.jpg 4.jpg4.jpg 5.jpg5.jpg 6.jpg6.jpg 7.jpg7.jpg 9.jpg9.jpg
#5 9 years ago
10.jpg10.jpg 11.jpg11.jpg MonsterFishMOD--400px.jpgMonsterFishMOD--400px.jpg
#8 9 years ago

TGIF Weekend bump. Still a few left, and ready to ship!

1 week later
#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

My Monster Fish mod review:
Kudos to to Paul/theGiven for this mod. I received the Monster days after ordering. His communication was great. He sent along a tracking number, instructions for installation and his phone number if there were any issues. The quality of his work was fantastic. The mod installed easily as stated. I had one slight issue where a contact on the new socket didn't touch the circuit board enough, so I had to bend it a bit with a needle nose pliers. No big deal... a 2 second fix. I added a few zip ties to keep the new wiring in place and I was good to go. It's a neat little mod at a great price.

Thank you for the great review Foo! The first batch of these went quick and have all shipped... I'm on to batch #2...and have more ready to go. Who wants a monster fish? !!!

IMG_20150221_180807568.jpgIMG_20150221_180807568.jpg
#13 9 years ago

Have had some PM's asking about the socket that I am using so I thought I'd share with the group. It's a JKL 2933T and is available at most of the regular electronics suppliers. It's a great product for tapping into the 12v through the wedge socket.

2933t 1.jpg2933t 1.jpg 2933T 2.JPG2933T 2.JPG
#15 9 years ago
Quoted from ozzyazza:

Check out Fish Tales pinball monster fish mod on ebay.

Why not start your own thread for this instead of taking a crap in the middle of mine?

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Cool azz MOD bump!! I'm not a FT owner but would like this in any of my machines if it fit

Quoted from fish1975tx:

This mod is awesome! Thanks for making these!

Quoted from fiberdude120:

The mod made by theGiven is less money and is a better constructed item. I have one and it is very nice.

You guys are awesome! I really think this mod is a perfect fit for this game. I'm glad others seem to agree and are enjoying it in their games!

IMG_20141123_175219.jpgIMG_20141123_175219.jpg
#21 9 years ago

ddebus - The boxes you are seeing are a self mailer that I bought from uline. A friend helped w/ the logo and creating the decal on the side. These are the boxes that the mod ships in! Each one is securely wrapped inside to arrive to you safely.

I know a lot of Fish Tales owners already have an un-moded figure in their game. I was one of them until I took on this project to find a way to make him interactive. It makes the experience completely new having his eyes flash in sequence when the monster fish jackpot is lit and breathes new life into the game. I hope you decide to get one, you won't regret it!

12.jpg12.jpg
1 week later
#29 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Monster fish spotted in NorCal.

Lookin' good moto_cat .... Thanks for the support!!!

#34 9 years ago

Never words I'd use, but I appreciate your attempt at having my back. Definitely thought it was not cool for him to post his version in this thread. I have no issues with his version.

Quoted from tslayer71:

Hmmm kinda funny. I bought my monster fish mod from Australia a couple months ago. This mod was no where to be found. Wonder where the OP got his idea?

I started on this mod back in November...had not seen a version with lit eyes before mine. If one existed before then, then it is what it is. Closest thing I saw was someone had wired a spotlight to shine on it. Glad you are happy with the one you have.

For anyone looking for a custom look....I now am offering these with the following different colored eyes:
YELLOW
PURPLE
RED
GREEN
ORANGE

#37 9 years ago

Also edited first post at top to show available colors for eyes!

MF EYE COLORS.jpgMF EYE COLORS.jpg
#40 9 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

oooh....I didn't really feel the urge to add this, but those colors look really good....hmmmmmm green or purple? is the green brighter or just the way that pic came out?

It's mostly the photo, but of all the colors - green is the most intense and purple is the most subtle. All colors look cool in the game. It's really all about customizing your game to your preference!

#43 9 years ago

Happy Friday... weekend bump!

MF colors.jpgMF colors.jpg
1 month later
#45 8 years ago

Ok, final bump/push on this.

Over 90 pinheads (mostly pinsiders....THANK YOU!) now have a MonsterFishMOD on their games.

I'm down to approximate 16 or 17 left with NO plans to make more once these are gone.

If you were on the fence, or even have Fish Tales on your wish list, now is the time to stash one before they are no longer available.

Thanks again Pinsiders for the amazing support!

-Paul

1 month later
#47 8 years ago

Still have some available in all colors! Anyone looking to add one... send me a PM. thanks Paul

#51 8 years ago

Thanks again everyone for this latest wave of interest. I'll do my best to keep some on hand as people pick-up FT in the future and want this mod for their game as suggested! It really is a cool mod, and I'm not just saying that cause I'm selling them ...

3 months later
#54 8 years ago

Thank you Hooked...I appreciate the thumbs up! I have your mods all over my Metallica...pop bumper caps, billboard mod and I just put in a request for your spinner mod. You do great stuff.

Also a shameless bump to the top for myself. I really think all Fish Tales should have this mod. It's really cool.

MF_EYE_COLORS.jpgMF_EYE_COLORS.jpg

7 months later
#55 7 years ago

Resurrecting this thread for the new wave of Fish Tales owners that may be interested.

These are now also available in BLUE eyes !! All colors are currently in stock and ready to ship.

Here is a ink to a new marketplace ad, as the original had expired: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/33450

MFmod-B_small_(resized).pngMFmod-B_small_(resized).png

5 months later
#58 7 years ago

Thank you to all that have purchased. All colors still available!

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Is there any way this could be mounted in the open window at the stretch the truth plastic?

I can make one with a longer harness so that it can go in different places on the playfield. As long as you have an access point to the underside of the playfield, you should be good. I've done this for a few others.

2 years later
#65 4 years ago

Sold out, but may offer in the future.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theGiven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-fish-tales-monster-fish-mod?tu=theGiven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.