Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by edwinpblue
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I have an average condition fish tales w/o the topper. It's a great playing machine or a restoration candidate. here are some pictures from my auction. price is $1750. would consider a trade for a stern. my machine plus cash.

ebay.com link » Williams Fish Tales

#2 7 years ago

Hey all,

I spoke with edwinpblue and he's seemed like a real straight shooter who's looking for a fair price on a 100% playable machine.

You might want to tell everyone where you are located.

#3 7 years ago

I was dealing with Ed on this and he was at stand up guy and provided pics and such promptly (in the end a FT came up local so I didn't persue it farther with him but I found dealing with him a pleasure)

#4 7 years ago

Location unknown, here and on eBay.

#5 7 years ago

I would love this, but couldn't afford to ship it.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Location unknown, here and on eBay.

It says Saginaw Michigan on ebay

#7 7 years ago

How are the inserts? Can't tell from your pics.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

How are the inserts? Can't tell from your pics.

He has one pic on there that shows large stringer fish insert wear and bonus insert wear. Not sure about any other inserts.

To the OP.... I have been casually looking for a player quality FT on and off since I sold my last one. If you are looking for cash, I would be willing to offer 1200-ish for your machine, or if you are looking for trades, I may have an extra T2 to trade if you are interested.

#9 7 years ago

PM sent.

#10 7 years ago

insert wear looks relatively minimal compared to most FTs I have seen.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

To the OP.... I have been casually looking for a player quality FT on and off since I sold my last one. If you are looking for cash, I would be willing to offer 1200-ish for your machine, or if you are looking for trades, I may have an extra T2 to trade if you are interested.

Just a FYI, I offered him $1600 and he said no.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#12 7 years ago

Saw some beaters earlier this year sell for $1550 and $1800. And some really nice FT for $2300 - $2700.

The new norm?

#13 7 years ago

I'm wondering if mine is overpriced! yes it's missing the topper; one sold (with shipping) for under $200 a couple of months ago. I'm thinking $2000-2200 is a nice average price for an average condition FT. I've been offered $1500 twice and $1600 twice. I assumed these were people wanting to flip it.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I'm wondering if mine is overpriced! yes it's missing the topper; one sold (with shipping) for under $200 a couple of months ago. I'm thinking $2000-2200 is a nice average price for an average condition FT. I've been offered $1500 twice and $1600 twice. I assumed these were people wanting to flip it.

You can ask whatever you want for a machine. There is zero money to be made on a faded Fishtales with insert wear and no topper at $1600 (so no worries about selling to known flippers). I am surprised you didn't take the $1600, because after Ebay fees you are going to be close to that at your asking price on there. $1600 on your machine may actually be generous depending on what work needs to be done.

Average FTs sell for between 1400-1700 (with toppers). Amazing examples range from 1700-whatever someone is willing to pay, depending on each example.

I am not nitpicking your machine, but based on the pictures you show, your boat plastic appears to be destroyed at the bottom and covered up with some sort of plastic. The devil is in the details and all those details tend to add up when you have to address them.

#15 7 years ago

I don't know $1750.00 on eBay doesn't sound unreasonable, but at the same time $1600 cash seems pretty close. Unless I'm miscalculating something your fees will be $129.05. That leaves you with a net profit of $1620.95, so if my math is correct you turned down an offer over $20.95.

#16 7 years ago

true assuming it sold on eBay. a lot of deals happen where they haven't bid choosing to inspect the game. a deal gets struck for cash and carry. in hindsight I probably should have taken $1600. the flip side to that coin is $1600 is a steal for a working fish tales. I disagree with the low prices mentioned earlier. I had been looking for an FT for months and I never stumbled on the $1300 fish tales.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I disagree with the low prices mentioned earlier. I had been looking for an FT for months and I never stumbled on the $1300 Fish Tales.

Guess we will agree to disagree then. There are a ton of FT out there, and I have seen them sell publicly in the last 6 months in the range I quoted. Privately, I know of 5 in the last 6 months that have sold for between 900-1200. These aren't "rumored" sales either, these are sales I have seen firsthand.

Good luck with your sale.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Guess we will agree to disagree then. There are a ton of FT out there, and I have seen them sell publicly in the last 6 months in the range I quoted. Privately, I know of 5 in the last 6 months that have sold for between 900-1200. These aren't "rumored" sales either, these are sales I have seen firsthand.

Really? I looked for a FT for about 6 months within the last year and couldn't find one under 2Gs. I offered 1800 for one and was told the seller got his $2100 asking price, but thanks anyway. $900-1200? That's sounds crazy these days.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

Saw some beaters earlier this year sell for $1550 and $1800. And some really nice FT for $2300 - $2700.
The new norm?

Don;t think so. Had a nice one near me for I think $1700 2 months ago...w/topper.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Really? I looked for a FT for about 6 months within the last year and couldn't find one under 2Gs

I posted a WTB about a month ago- http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-fish-tales-any-condition and had 5 offers to me in various condition and prices (none above 2k). The one offered to me at 2k was gorgeous, little fade, CC playfield, but I couldn't workout pickup logistics.

Without doing any real research, here is a quick Pinsde search without even hitting up the marketplace history (don't even know if that is possible)-

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ft-fish-tales-ne-ohio
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-fish-tales-1800
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-fish-tales

#21 7 years ago

??? how does three adds for FT with prices between $1700-$1900 support your argument of prices being between $900-$1200?

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

??? how does three adds for FT with prices between $1700-$1900 support your argument of prices being between $900-$1200?

I quoted three quick PUBLIC prices that anyone here had an opportunity to buy. The 900-1200 is what I quoted PRIVATE sales going for that I know of first hand.....

Sorry for any confusion.

#23 7 years ago

And for the record, two of the people posting in this thread are both in that 900-1200 range I mentioned.

#24 7 years ago

so which is it? the $900-1200 you mentioned earlier or the $1700-1900 you posted links to. I'm confused? one guy even mentions he wasn't surprised the game sold as quickly as it did based upon the price.

#25 7 years ago

ps I threw that out there late (after you'd responded) to help divert the criticism coming your way. your welcome.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

so which is it? the $900-1200 you mentioned earlier or the $1700-1900 you posted links to. I'm confused? one guy even mentions he wasn't surprised the game sold as quickly as it did based upon the price.

Nothing confusing.... Giving examples of what this machine has actually sold for over the last 6 months. Just because a machine doesn't sell on Ebay, Pinside, etc., doesn't mean it isn't selling...

Each machine sale has variables that affect them... Location, condition, sale terms (cash/paypal), etc.

Guys say stuff to be nice all the time. "Wish I was closer", "not surprised it sold fast", etc.... I wouldn't read too far into it.

John said he offered you $1600 for this game and didn't take it, you obviously feel like your machine is worth more. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. John wheels and deals all the time, maybe his offer is still good?

Regardless, I truly wish you the best with your sale. FT is a fun game, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to get to play it while you try to sell it.

#27 7 years ago

Guys, prices are all over the board.

I personally know of 2 FTs that went for $1000 and $1200 in the last few months.

I also know of one FT that sold for $2800 that was amazingly nice.

Condition + location + demand = fair price.

#28 7 years ago

FT seams to be a game alot of people in the Northland are looking for. Minneapolis craigslist had 2 wtb adds for FT in the last week. For a great condition one id say $2400. For average condition (minor fade, wear, etc) $1700 seams to be the average of what I have seen. The one in this add seams like $1400-1500. I dont think the OP is far off but I sure would have taken the $1600. My guess is, he gets his asking, it may take a few days though. Take all this with a grain of salt because I own one myself.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

With that said, I can use TZ and TAF as examples of a large production ran Pins that are fetching crazy prices today.

So production runs should not dictate pricing.

FishTales like any other nice Bally/Williams Pin is on the rise.

Good Luck...

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

With that said, I can use TZ and TAF as examples of a large production ran Pins that are fetching crazy prices today.

So production runs should not dictate pricing.

Agree 100%... That wasn't why I stated this.... There is a lot more availability/choices on higher production games, so you see a lot more FT for sale than you do other titles with lower runs.

Quoted from vcloverjr:

FishTales like any other nice Bally/Williams Pin is on the rise.

Agree with this to an extent.... Everything has been on the rise since I have been collecting (12 years)....But like every title out there with the exception of a few "A-listers".... pricing hasn't moved that much on these in the last 5 years....*maybe* a couple hundred depending on condition...

#31 7 years ago

price drop to $1600

#32 7 years ago

There was a drop dead perfect one for sale in your area for a long time for 2k, I remember seeing. That said, if I was in the market for a pin right now, I'd stop by and check yours out at $1600. Good luck with the sale man.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

price drop to $1600

#34 7 years ago

The Pin is in decent condition, and a fun Pin to own.

Good luck, it will sell.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

He is saying yes now... go get it!

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

John P. DayhuffBattle Creek, Mi.269-979-3836

Looks like you have a potential buyer already >> just ask John if he is still interested.

I would think $1600 will get this sold reasonably quick.

For anyone interested in a little recent perspective...
I recently bought one that I paid $1150 for but it had a completely blown out playfield, no GI working, and has a DMD issue. I found a NOS PF, touched up a few small imperfections on the new pf, and it is currently getting cleared. I will have $600 into the new pf and another $300+ in parts, plus WAY too much time in the restoration/ refurbishing of it. I am having a ton of fun with the project already, but I probably would have been better off finding a nicer player like the one you are selling. I guess I am a glutton for punishment.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks like you have a potential buyer already >> just ask John if he is still interested.
I would think $1600 will get this sold reasonably quick.
For anyone interested in a little recent perspective...
I recently bought one that I paid $1150 for but it had a completely blown out playfield, no GI working, and has a DMD issue. I found a NOS PF, touched up a few small imperfections on the new pf, and it is currently getting cleared. I will have $600 into the new pf and another $300+ in parts, plus WAY too much time in the restoration/ refurbishing of it. I am having a ton of fun with the project already, but I probably would have been better off finding a nicer player like the one you are selling. I guess I am a glutton for punishment.

I don't think you are glutton for punishment. After your done, you will have a restored FT, which
will fetch more than what you have in it. Plus the fact that restoring PF's is an area you are looking
to get into. I can just see your PF Restoration Resume' now.

#38 7 years ago

Stupid comment removed.

Post edited by davewth : I'm a dumba$$

#39 7 years ago

actually no. there is no deception or subterfuge taking place but I for one sleep better knowing the pinside police never rest! innocent until proven guilty unless you are a) in England or b) on pinside! next thing you know you'll be "reporting" my Craigslist ad so it's probably a good thing I never PUT it on Craigslist!

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

actually no. there is no deception or subterfuge taking place but I for one sleep better knowing the pinside police never rest! innocent until proven guilty unless you are a) in England or b) on pinside! next thing you know you'll be "reporting" my Craigslist ad so it's probably a good thing I never PUT it on Craigslist!

You're right. That was rude and uncalled for. I apologize publicly for all to see. My bad.

Sometimes I should just keep my mouth shut. I'd thumbs down my post if i could.

#41 7 years ago

I appreciate that. I have a game my kids dislike. they love my TAF,LOTR and Avatar. combined they've played FT maybe 5 times. I would rather see it go where it's loved or better yet will be restored. I'm losing a little at the current price but not much. those that have come to look at it have praised how nice it is and how well it plays (but have obviously chosen not to buy). I think $1600 is fair and my offer for mine plus cash for Stones, TSPP, Sopranos, BDK or IM still stands. I'd even do the BDK costco or ironman lite if anyone has one. mine plus less cash.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside