IMG_9726_1280x960.jpg
IMG_9725_1280x960.jpg
IMG_9724_1280x960.jpg
IMG_9723_1280x960.jpg
IMG_9728_1280x960.jpg
IMG_9716_1280x960.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Located in Union City, MI.

Game works fine, but could use additional cleaning. I just haven't spent a lot of time on it outside of some basic stuff.

Both sides are pretty nice, with minimal fade. Playfield is decent, but does have some typical insert wear (not awful, but not perfect). All solenoids work. The topper is there, and works fine. (There is a crack in the plastic topper dome, but it is at the backside where you don't see it).

I'm investing my time in other games at the moment, so for now, the price is $2200.

I do still have the CFTBL and Addams Family, too.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-cftbl-michigan
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-the-addams-family-michigan

Pete
[email protected] IMG_9716_1280x960.jpgIMG_9716_1280x960.jpg IMG_9728_1280x960.jpgIMG_9728_1280x960.jpg IMG_9723_1280x960.jpgIMG_9723_1280x960.jpg

#2 10 years ago

PF Pics.

IMG_9724_1280x960.jpgIMG_9724_1280x960.jpg IMG_9725_1280x960.jpgIMG_9725_1280x960.jpg IMG_9726_1280x960.jpgIMG_9726_1280x960.jpg

#3 10 years ago

GLWS!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4 10 years ago

apparently this game is better than MM

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Located in Union City, MI.
Game works fine, but could use additional cleaning. I just haven't spent a lot of time on it outside of some basic stuff.
Both sides are pretty nice, with minimal fade. Playfield is decent, but does have some typical insert wear (not awful, but not perfect). All solenoids work. The topper is there, and works fine. (There is a crack in the plastic topper dome, but it is at the backside where you don't see it).
I'm investing my time in other games at the moment, so for now, the price is $2200.
I do still have the CFTBL and Addams Family, too.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-cftbl-michigan
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-the-addams-family-michigan
Pete
[email protected]

If that's minimal fade mine is QC and I love the white flippers!

#6 10 years ago

That fade is not bad at all and $2200 is not a bad price either. Good luck with the sale!!!

#7 10 years ago

wow, $2200 for this...Fish Tales in this condition are usually selling for $1,000 - $1,200...seems pretty high priced for the condition it's in....not knocking the seller or his price, just my 2 cents....
GLWTS

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

for the condition it's in

That made me go back and look at the pics of the machine (not just the fade). Yeah, kind of rough overall condition there. Make him an offer though. I am sure he'd entertain reasonable amounts. $1000 might be dreaming, even in rough condition, but $2200 might be high. Still, best of luck with the sale!

#10 10 years ago

I'll buy every working Fish Tales you can find at $1000.

Every...single...one.

Pete

#11 10 years ago

yah $1000 3 years ago.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

wow, $2200 for this...Fish Tales in this condition are usually selling for $1,000 - $1,200...seems pretty high priced for the condition it's in....not knocking the seller or his price, just my 2 cents....
GLWTS

I will also buy every damn FT that is working for 1k. I will stockpile them up (and restore them 1 by 1) at that price! Sorry, Stu but you must have been sleeping for the past year cause it is tough luck to find a working FT for under 1400. I paid ~1200 for a non-working , burnt j121, burnt DMD driver, with insert issues and that was 1 year ago...

#13 10 years ago

I there any play field wear. I can't tell from the pics?

#14 10 years ago

GLWS!

#15 10 years ago

Seriously I think that Stu has not purchased a game for the past 5 years. I believe he may mixing it up with the EM Game "Dolphin" from 1974..Come on Stu!!

That is a fair price and it looks pretty good. All of the ones I have seen are above $2000.. Fish Tales is one of my favorites!!

#16 10 years ago

I need to log some more time in on FT. It is a favorite of many and the video mode is really cool. Also has good flow. GLWS.

#17 10 years ago

One time I saw a fish tales jump off the back of a pickup. True story.

#18 10 years ago

That price is pretty much spot on. Cabinet fade is average, maybe a bit better. Every one of these has insert wear.

These seem to go $2000-2500 pretty regularly for the past half a year at least.

#19 10 years ago

Fish Tales is an awesome game, that's why there were over 10k made. One of the most fun pins out there. Great Video Mode. Worth every penny at that price, ignore the price police! GLWTS

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

GLWS!
» YouTube video

Here in Canada they are going for $2500-3400!

I'd never seen this before. And as a new FT owner I love it!!!
If you own or are thinking about getting FT, a must watch!!

#21 10 years ago

Thanks for posting the promotion video - hadn't seen that before.

Just purchased a FT myself, waiting for it to be delivered. Like these titiles for the kids - ages 4 - 10. using them as an excuse anyway.

paid $2650 if anyone is interested.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

GLWS!
» YouTube video

Great video! Big thanks for posting it. They sure did a better job with that one than the horrific preview video that was TOM.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Great video! Big thanks for posting it. They sure did a better job with that one than the horrific preview video that was TOM.

I agree. What were they thinking when they made that video!
It takes half the video before they introduce the actual machine!
You actually can't watch it without fast forwarding! BORING!

#24 10 years ago

#25 10 years ago

I wish I had the money to purchase this!

Best of luck with the sale!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

I had a chance to buy one last summer at $1,600 in the Michigan area. You can still find them for around $1,500 if your patient... You can buy them anywhere for over $2k..

I guess you should have bought that one for $1600, eh?

As always, I appreciate your input....kind of like when you offered me $2500 for my Addams that I had listed at $5200, and your $1200 offer on my super-nice T2 that I sold a few months ago.

I have to admit, I have a tough time taking your statements seriously.

If I ever suffer a horrible head injury, I'm certain I'll value your pricing opinions.

Pete

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

If I ever suffer a horrible head injury, I'm certain I'll value your pricing opinions.

You owe me a keyboard! I just spit my Long Island Tea all over mine! Too funny.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

As always, I appreciate your input....kind of like when you offered me $2500 for my Addams that I had listed at $5200, and your $1200 offer on my super-nice T2 that I sold a few months ago.
Pete

That's simply not true I offered $1,600 on T2, and $1,800 on a working JP, but you said no.. When I talked to others about my offer they said $1,800 was a fair offer for a working JP in average condition. I am glad I waited because right after that I picked one up 100% working and in excellent condition for a lot less than what you wanted for a working one at around $2,300.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

I agree. What were they thinking when they made that video!
It takes half the video before they introduce the actual machine!
You actually can't watch it without fast forwarding! BORING!

Yea, I think TOM actually had the worst preview video ever for a pinball machine. I seriously can't think of a worse one . . . or one even close. This one for FT is one of the best I've ever seen, a bit dated in the beginning before they get to the game, but in a funny cheesy way.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

GLWTS

Stu u don't know dic

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

That's simply not true I offered $1,600 on T2, and $1,800 on a working JP, but you said no..

Before you insist that I'm a liar, please understand that I JUST looked at the emails where you sent me those offers. For the record....your memory on the subjects may be flawed.

As much as I would love to post those emails in order to prove my point, this is not the place for that discussion.

Pete

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

wow, $2200 for this...Fish Tales in this condition are usually selling for $1,000 - $1,200...seems pretty high priced for the condition it's in....not knocking the seller or his price, just my 2 cents....GLWTS

I haven't seen any at that price. Sounds low to me. Actual is probably somehwere in the middle.

#34 10 years ago

Moderate condition Fishtales in this area go for between 1800 and 2000 over the past 8 months, in my CL experience.

Most people in this hobby overvalue what they have, and undervalue what they want. It's just the way the hobby works.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Pete

I just checked my email and as I stated earlier I made you a final offer of $1,800 on JP working as I stated. As for T2 I told you I just passed one up for $1,400. After saying that, I asked you what your best price was on it and you laughed and said your price was $800 off my asking price(which I assume you were thinking was $1,400) and that was the end of the conversation. (Never offered you $1,200 for a T2)

All of this is the truth...

It's called negotiation you seem a little more sensitive to it than others..

#36 10 years ago

I'm replying to you via personal email.

There is a part of me that really wants to post the emails in an effort to defend myself and dispute your version of the "truth"...

...but this has no place here.

I'm not sure why you suddenly have this axe to grind.

Pete

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I'm replying to you via personal email.
There is a part of me that really wants to post the emails in an effort to defend myself and dispute your version of the "truth"...
...but this has no place here.
I'm not sure why you suddenly have this axe to grind.
Pete

Thank you and I replied back to you...

I have no axe to grind with you but when someone offers you money don't insult them by throwing out figures that I didn't offer ($1,200 on T2). Do what most people do just say no thank you..

#38 10 years ago

I just sold a T2 for $1,200

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I just sold a T2 for $1,200

Thats cheap, what kind of shape was it in?

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Most people in this hobby overvalue what they have, and undervalue what they want. It's just the way the hobby works.

Thumbs up. I think one could say that is also the way life works.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

It's called negotiation you seem a little more sensitive to it than others..

A lot of people don't like to negotiate. They feel they put a price out and it is either take it or leave it and they may not feel either inclined or disposed to reply to people who do not meet their asking price. Usually those people say "firm" or something like that, but that is not a requirement.

Just tossing in my two cents when it wasn't asked for. Sorry about that.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

A lot of people don't like to negotiate. They feel they put a price out and it is either take it or leave it and they may not feel either inclined or disposed to reply to people who do not meet their asking price.

For the record, I'm perfectly fine with negotiating. I reply to everything...even if that reply is: "Nope, sorry", or "I think we're just miles and miles apart."

I've dealt with hundreds and hundreds of people. (I'm not exaggerating). I certainly don't think it is fair to attempt to label me as "sensitive to negotiation", or unwilling to listen to offers.

Sure, I probably won't take someone too seriously if they offer $1000 for the Fish Tales...and if they sent the exact same offer three times in a couple weeks, I'll probably ignore them. Apologies in advance.

Pete

#45 10 years ago

Congrats on the sale. I'm going to try and log some more time on this game tomorrow when I go to Houston.

#46 10 years ago

Just so everyone knows... I went and saw the machine today. The playfield was dirty but in great condition. A couple small wear points in the middle but I think I can get it cleaned up and looking extremely well with some new decals and a little elbow grease. The cabinet is a little rough in some areas. But I completely expect that in a 20 year old machine. The fade isn't that bad compared to some others i've seen. pmWolf was great to deal with and we came to a fair price and I ended up buying the machine. The games needs to be run through but overall, I'm very happy with the purchase.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from harmon1728:

pmWolf was great to deal with and we came to a fair price and I ended up buying the machine. The games needs to be run through but overall, I'm very happy with the purchase.

I am so glad when I see sells where both sides are happy. It is such a huge benefit when you can drive over and look at the game you are buying. This is why I think there is merit when people say "I wish I was closer". That so often means they want to be able to see the game first.

Glad you two got a deal that ya'll are both happy with!

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I am so glad when I see sells where both sides are happy. It is such a huge benefit when you can drive over and look at the game you are buying. This is why I think there is merit when people say "I wish I was closer". That so often means they want to be able to see the game first.
Glad you two got a deal that ya'll are both happy with!

I agree, except that "I wish I was closer" is supposed to be meant sarcastically. Its been around longer then Pinside.

#49 10 years ago

Congrats on the sale!

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from harmon1728:

pmWolf was great to deal with and we came to a fair price and I ended up buying the machine.

Echo, that. Pete's a stand-up guy who has helped me out more times than he's needed to. Doesn't surprise me that this sale went smoothly.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I am so glad when I see sells where both sides are happy.

Agreed, again. Congrats to both happy parties.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 169.00
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-fish-tales-2200 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.