IMG_1718.JPG
IMG_1716.JPG
IMG_1714.jpg
IMG_1712.jpg
IMG_1744.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Fish Tales, Williams 1992
Game info: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=861

I'll try and make this short but that's not likely. Lol. I'm asking $2800 firm. No shipping. Cash only.
This machine plays perfectly. I have personally put 25-30(conservative) hours into this pin, getting it in the best possible condition. This is a list of what I have done. I will no doubt leave some things out so if you have a question please ask. I have a couple parts still on order. They are expected to arrive wednesday and I will install them on wednesday. They are a new set of chrome legs and the boat ramp flap decal. I also have the original goodie bag that came with this machine new. The original "Williams" envelope with Manual, schematics, extra sling plastics, key fob , torx key, bulb sockets and some hardwhare.

Here are lots of pics
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hbys071zmhc8xeq/QD_x6uGD6V

Topside of playfield
-All rubbers are new.
-Entire top side has been completely stripped, cleaned with magic eraser and alcohol, buffed with novus 2 and waxed several times.
-All bulbs replaced, good or bad. They are all new.
-A very few LED's have been added. They can be removed if you prefer.
-All metal has been machine buffed. Ball guides, metal posts, ball gates, etc. All shines beautifully.
-All plastic has been polished with novus 2
-Custom score cards have been made and printed on photo paper
-All yellow star posts and yellow bumper posts are new
-This playfield has no wear at all. The colors are bright and the playfield is beautiful.

Backbox and lower cabinet:
I spent a lot of time cleaning and detailing the cabinet. Its extremely clean. All the connectors and wiring harness have been cleaned and look great. No yellow connectors or dirty wires. All wire clamps are clean and white. Boards in the lower cabinet have all been removed, cleaned and solder reflowed where needed on all connector pins.
The cabinet decals are in good shape. There is some fading on the right side lower cabinet. The front and left look great.
-Flipper buttons are new.
-Knocker has new sleeves, plungers and rubber grommet stop.
-Legs have plastic cabinet protectors.
-As I stated above, new legs are on order and will be installed.

Electronics:
-All the boards have been removed and cleaned.
-All the pins for the connectors have been reflowed
-The boards have been tested and work 100%
-Batteries are new.
-Fuses are all the correct value.
-Every wire, wire harness, connector and wire clamp has been cleaned.
-I rebuilt the high voltage section of the DMD controller board. The board was working fine, it was a preventive measure.
-There are no hacks on this entire pinball machine. It is as it was when it left the factory.

Under Playfield:
-All assemblys have been disassembled, cleaned and polished.
-All assemblys have new sleeves, springs, plungers, rubber grommets and stops.
-Most of the inserts have color matched LED's.
-Pop bumpers were completely rebuilt with all new parts, springs, spoons, skirts, housings, etc.
-All coils were resoldered as preventive maintenance.
-Great care was taken in adjusting all the switches. The pop bumpers pop and the sling shots sling just the way they should.
- Underside is clean, clean, clean.

Fish topper is in excellent condition and works perfectly. It has also been disassembled and cleaned.
This is a solid machine in fantastic condition.
I'm sure there's more but you're probably tired of reading.

IMG_1744.JPGIMG_1744.JPG IMG_1712.jpgIMG_1712.jpg IMG_1714.jpgIMG_1714.jpg

#2 11 years ago

more

IMG_1716.JPGIMG_1716.JPG IMG_1718.JPGIMG_1718.JPG IMG_1732.JPGIMG_1732.JPG

#3 11 years ago

Nice looking Fish Tales!!

#4 11 years ago

more

IMG_1726.jpgIMG_1726.jpg IMG_1758.JPGIMG_1758.JPG IMG_1774.jpgIMG_1774.jpg

#6 11 years ago

Great game, I love mine. Good luck someone will get a fun fast machine.

#7 11 years ago

fun game... maybe i will get another one eventually. good luck with the sale, looks nice

#8 11 years ago

so this is what mine is supposed to look like when I get done fixing it up...

Looks great! GLWS

#9 11 years ago

evening bump

#10 11 years ago

Ill take it for your asking price. sent you a PM

#11 11 years ago

Looks like you do not need my testimony. However, I played and looked over the game before the work was done. It played great and looked nice then. The cabinet was expecially nice. Nicer than most I have seen. Stringer and tackle box inserts do not show the typical raising. Very nice.
Buy with confidence.

Dan

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Looks like you do not need my testimony. However, I played and looked over the game before the work was done. It played great and looked nice then. The cabinet was expecially nice. Nicer than most I have seen. Stringer and tackle box inserts do not show the typical raising. Very nice.
Buy with confidence.
Dan

Thanks Dan. I appreciate the vote of confidence. We're going to work out the details tomorrow so there's still time to come play it. Once we strike a deal it gets unplugged and covered up.

#13 11 years ago

"Woah, what a beauty!"

Very nice from the pics.

#14 11 years ago

Should make some one a great game. You have spent a lot of work and time on this machine.

Great job!

#15 11 years ago

Beautiful Pin T_P_F . Man Yr Pictures are HUGE .Go into yr camera settings and set the size to 6mp

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Beautiful Pin T_P_F . Man Yr Pictures are HUGE .Go into yr camera settings and set the size to 6mp

Will do. I was wondering how to fix that. Thanks.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from the_pin_family:

Thanks Dan. I appreciate the vote of confidence. We're going to work out the details tomorrow so there's still time to come play it. Once we strike a deal it gets unplugged and covered up.

Gonna fight the temptation. Is my high still up there?

Dan

#18 11 years ago

boy, timing bad for me, but i would love to buy this. please sell to NJ gecko so at least its closer to me. Maybe I can prize it off of him someday!

#19 11 years ago

so, are you selling that to benepinballs or not?

#20 11 years ago

Looks like Benepinballs is the winner!!!!! Worked out the details today. Sale is in the process.
Next up is a super sweet JP. Coming soon!

#21 11 years ago

I take it this means the LOTR is headed to the east coast?

#22 11 years ago

Are you are shipping it after all?

#23 11 years ago

Pinside powa'!

#24 11 years ago

I dont know why FT dont sell for more than they do . Its such a fun and beautiful game. The only thing that kills it is the hillbilly music IMO.

Congrats on the sell and to the new owner!

#25 11 years ago

I am shipping it. I was not dead set against shipping. More like picky who i shipped to or dealt with cross country. Ive blindly sent my money to my fair share of people in this hobby. Why? Reputation.
The pinball community is small. You burn one person and it will follow you. When I can google your name and "pinball" and come up with 25 hits spanning 10 years all saying "good guy alert" or "deal with confidence" or "great guy to deal with" then I will put my trust in you. I will deposit your check and not worry about you stopping payment. I will take your paypal payment without worrying its from a stolen account. etc,etc,etc. What I was trying to avoid was getting into a sale with "pnblfelon" with 110 karma and a name thats never come across the hobby. Then worrying about my $2800 for the next two weeks . Hope that makes sense. It does in my head and thats the important part. I dont consider myself a pin flipper. Some may. I buy pins and put an awful lot of work into them and sell them. I dont sell alot. A couple a month. Losing $2800 would crush me. Ever careful of the scams, never been scammed yet. Knock on wood.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.00
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-fish-tales-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.