208267-i.jpg
image-604.jpg
DSCN4238.JPG
DSCN4237.JPG
DSCN4232.JPG
DSCN4235.JPG
DSCN4234.JPG
DSCN4233.JPG
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

Great score, must be the only 2 Fireballs in NZ surely?

If you are looking for a NOS backglass a couple of people offered one on this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-bally-fireball-backglass

As mentioned on that thread also are repros from shay, thay are a superb repro in every respect except the only thing is they are screened on plexi & not on glass, but I had one of these before & was more than happy with it. They do ship internationally (not cheap though).

#52 9 years ago

Awesome, thanks for that; I am on the lookout for a nice backglass. It's nice to know shays have them if I don't find one, was the plexi noticeable? I kind of wish they'd screened on glass but not having seen one I'm not about to be critical!

There may be one other known FB in New Zealand but that's about it - even if there were a lot of them about I'd be overjoyed to have one.

Steppers etc are quite rusty - first I have to work through the 'fix it replace' conumdrum

#53 9 years ago

You can't tell it is a plexi when installed, you really can't tell it is a repro either, it is the same thickness as the original glass, trims will change over fine as well.

It's not like some translites that look almost a bit wavy, it is very thick & it is dead flat just like glass.

I had a NOS side by side with the repro & it looked fantastic. I would have been happy with the plexi repro but was lucky to find a NOS glass which I had to have.

I have since sold my repro I had.

#54 9 years ago

Three fireballs that I know of in NZ ... Mine, Garricks and another that was sold on Trade Me a few years back.

Probably some others around ... buried in some persons garage.

rd.

#55 9 years ago

With the Fireball plexi, I was told by shay when I purchased mine that some Fireballs were actually exported o/s with plexis when new, which wouldn't surprise me as quite a few other games had plexis at the time.

A couple of upsides with plexis is the art historically seems to fair better than glass over time & less chance of any accidental breakage.

#56 9 years ago

Well.... I am finishing up a 54' Lady Luck now and have been wondering which one of many choices to drag up from the basement to bring back to life next. After reading this, I think it's time to drag the old Fireball up the stairs, finally. Had it for about 10 years so it's time to finally make it game room worthy. This project should keep me busy for a while.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-fireball-in-so-cal/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.