Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PAOK
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brewmanager.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

Unsure how it works going into the US, but they check what you've got coming into Canada, and you have to pay the tax. Tax is what it is...I for one am ok with paying it, especially since it shouldn't be a surprise - you want the pin bad enough to import it, you pay the import costs.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinballwny:

How is the tax determined on a private sale? Do they assess value or do you provide a "receipt". I can make a receipt for just about any number. My printer doesn't care. So if you show up with a receipt for $3000, do they dispute your purchase price?
    It's been years since I took a pin into Canada, but I just made up a price ($400 for a Judge Dredd) and no one questioned it. Don't know if it's changed over the years, though.

Sure, you can get a fake receipt. However, I've brought a number over, and the best advice I can give, is be honest. It's not that difficult to find out what the approximate value of a pin is. Indeed, the only time I've ever had a problem is when I got a great deal on a bit of a beater. It wasn't believed, because there was another one on ebay for more than double the price I got. I got pulled over, my family pulled out of the car, and the pin inspected carefully. Once my condition issues were verified, and I paid the taxes, I was free to go, but it was still a stressful experience, and one my wife was less than thrilled with. Every other time has gone smoothly, because I don't screw around at the border. Say they shave a few hundred off the price - you've saved $26 - big woop. Now, a few thousand is a different matter in savings, but the odds of it being believable are slim.

I just about died when I brought my Grand Lizard over recently, and 3 days before someone listed one on ebay for $5495.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brewmanager.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-family-guy-buffalo-ny-4500?tu=brewmanager and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.