image-175.jpg
image-78.jpg
image-890.jpg
image-738.jpg
image-948.jpg
image-620.jpg
image-676.jpg
#1 9 years ago

This is a booting f14, the playfield is pretty rough.
It has new rotten dog displays, the top row shows commas and text
The cabinet is reAlly nice.
The game boots, but needs battery holder replaced.
It keeps firing the up kicker on the left. And I don't think
It is the switch. It does not stay locked on .
Sometimes the music stops but the voice and machine guns
Work.
Toppers work and rotate.
Thanx for looking sell or trade

image-676.jpgimage-676.jpg image-620.jpgimage-620.jpg image-948.jpgimage-948.jpg image-738.jpgimage-738.jpg image-890.jpgimage-890.jpg image-78.jpgimage-78.jpg image-175.jpgimage-175.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Wish I were local! That's a steal!

If anyone buys it and needs help fixing the CPU, drop me a line!

#3 9 years ago

That is a very reasonable price. I would buy it if you were closer.

GLWS

#4 9 years ago

Sunday bump.

Wanna drive on down to NOLA, UFO?

#5 9 years ago

Man I wish I had the space...I would get this and buy that NOS F-14 pf for sale here.

#6 9 years ago

Great game GLWS

image-197.jpgimage-197.jpg
#7 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Man I wish I had the space...I would get this and buy that NOS F-14 pf for sale here.

Where is this playfield for sale?
I bought this machine from ufo

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Tried to buy that playfield ,

#11 9 years ago

If you can hold on PPS is rumored to run them...as usual though it's PPS talking, lot's of talk, very little action.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f14-tomcat-playfield-reproduction

#12 9 years ago

Ya, I saw that. Hopefully it happens

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

If you can hold on PPS is rumored to run them...as usual though it's PPS talking, lot's of talk, very little action.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f14-tomcat-playfield-reproduction

This is so true! Ed

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

lot's of talk, very little action.

Aint this the truth !

#15 9 years ago

Most NOS F14 playfields are not drilled, and it isn't an easy task to drill all of the holes of different sizes. Drilling from the backside requires just a slight break-through on the clear-coat side so you can finish the hole from the clear-coat side. Otherwise you risk splitting out the clear-coat when the drill breaks through. The other thing is you have to keep the hole perpendicular to the playfield which isn't an easy task without out a holding tool to keep the drill vertical or using a drill press.

A CPR repro will be welcomed by many that will hopefully resolve the rising insert problems with this system 11. Most playfield restoration shops will not take in system 11 playfields for touch-up and clear coat.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

Most NOS F14 playfields are not drilled, and it isn't an easy task to drill all of the holes of different sizes. Drilling from the backside requires just a slight break-through on the clear-coat side so you can finish the hole from the clear-coat side. Otherwise you risk splitting out the clear-coat when the drill breaks through. The other thing is you have to keep the hole perpendicular to the playfield which isn't an easy task without out a holding tool to keep the drill vertical or using a drill press.
A CPR repro will be welcomed by many that will hopefully resolve the rising insert problems with this system 11. Most playfield restoration shops will not take in system 11 playfields for touch-up and clear coat.

Why not use the old field you are replacing as a template? Just clamp the old field on top of the new one then use various sized nails through the existing holes to dimple the new board. Then just drill them out.

If you don't want to dimple you could just use the old field as a drill guide. The existing holes should help you center the bit perpendicular to the field. At least better than eye balling it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-f14-tomcat-725 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.