New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 152191)

FS: F-14 Tomcat w/LEDs, gorgeous machine

By DreamTR

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DreamTR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

12650665_954846317935994_2082075956_n_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 1,200

for sale

FS: F-14 Tomcat w/LEDs, gorgeous machine

Added: February 14th, 2016 Ended: February 18th, 2016
Condition: Functional - needs minor work

Item description

Very good condition Steve Richie F14 Tomcat pinball machine. Gorgeous sides, playfield very nice. Has LEDs throughout. Player 1 display is gassing out and a coil burnt out recently. Game is functional but balls will not shoot out of initial right hand side launch area after balls have launched out of the shooter lane. Recently purchased but I have another F14 Tomcat already paid for and need to move one. Message me and I can send you a video of the game in action before the issue that occurred 30 minutes ago. Price reflects whatever issue is there. Located in Nashville, TN at Game Galaxy. Also open to trades up or down, etc.

Item photos

12650665_954846317935994_2082075956_n_(resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Seller insights

These are DreamTR's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

67.0%

Go to DreamTR's stats page

#2 4 years ago

"Needs minor work" "the backbox just started to smoke"

#3 4 years ago

"Pin is in excellent shape, but is currently on fire. Please furnish your own fire extinguisher upon pickup".

#4 4 years ago

"Price reflects whatever the issue is there" glws

#5 4 years ago

What? No videos of the generation of smoke, only before videos? Thats not fair....GLWTS (Good Luck With The Smoke)

#6 4 years ago

WOW GLWS, hope you don't sell to a unsuspecting newbie

#7 4 years ago

lol. class act.

#8 4 years ago

LOL

I have a great car in nice condition for sale, check it out- even has LED headlights!!

Oh yeah, engine caught fire last night so it's parked

Other than that never driven in rain and waxed every 3 months. Recently detailed.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

WOW GLWS, hope you don't sell to a unsuspecting newbie

What would make you think he's trying to rip someone off when it's clearly posted that they game has an issue and is currently not playable.

For someone that can do board repairs this might be a solid deal, if you can't do board repairs or don't have spare sets it would be best to check it out in person.

Quoted from kpg:

LOL
I have a great car in nice condition for sale, check it out- even has LED headlights!!
Oh yeah, engine caught fire last night so it's parked
Other than that never driven in rain and waxed every 3 months. Recently detailed.

What is it with all of the stupid car comparisons on this site. Board repairs can be dirt cheap or at most the cost of the board, hardly comparable to a car fire. If you are interested all you have to do is ask for a picture of the boards and it will be obvious what is burnt.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

What would make you think he's trying to rip someone off when it's clearly posted that they game has an issue and is currently not playable.
For someone that can do board repairs this might be a solid deal, if you can't do board repairs or don't have spare sets it would be best to check it out in person.

What is it with all of the stupid car comparisons on this site. Board repairs can be dirt cheap or at most the cost of the board, hardly comparable to a car fire. If you are interested all you have to do is ask for a picture of the boards and it will be obvious what is burnt.

While some of the other comments are hilarious, I have to agree. The seller is upfront and honest about the situation. The price reflects a nice condition pin that at worst probably needs a board repaired or replaced. Could be a nice pickup for someone knowlegable about board repair.

#11 4 years ago

The seller is a straight shooter, and unless he's upped his technical side, not a diy board work guy. If it means anything, he helped me buy my first pin and didn't steer me wrong.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

People just trying to lighten the mood up here, just messin around... Nothing to be taken seriously. Of course a pinball smoked board issue is nothing like a car fire lol

#13 4 years ago

It would appear that The Getaway swapped beacons with the F-14! Maybe the F-14 is just smokin mad and wants its blue back!

#14 4 years ago

I'm not really a buyer, but I'm definitely curious for photos of what started to burn up in the backbox.

Smoking is somewhat serious.

Something like that I'd think would be nice to help potential buyers. Imo

Looks like a beautiful pin otherwise!

#15 4 years ago

Someone change their name to PyroPin!

Since he owns 144 games, gotta think he knows what happened.

#16 4 years ago

If you throw a fire extinguisher into the deal you might get some legit bids for the machine

#17 4 years ago

The issue was a coil that was "smoking" I was misinformed by my employee. Lowered to $1200. Special thanks to people who like clowning on ads.

#18 4 years ago

Also, the beacon was swapped back awhile ago. Game plays and functions fine, but coil on right side where balls launch out is not working.

#19 4 years ago

And I do have to say, from the responses on this thread, I know who never to deal with. Pinside has a terrible reputation because of half the posters in this thread.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

The issue was a coil that was "smoking" I was misinformed by my employee. Lowered to $1200. Special thanks to people who like clowning on ads.

No one is clowning your ad at all, personally I find it cool that an F14 game actually has realistic smoke effects that come from the cabinet, and potentially flames. I love flames.

#21 4 years ago

They definitely aren't "lighting up the mood", they are trying to say I am selling to unsuspecting people. I am and have always been clear about stuff on these machines. I have 2 Tomcats, one being shopped. I don't need two. This is a very nice one that needs some minor stuff. As I stated before. In the ad.

#22 4 years ago

kpg: There are at least two comments that are extremely negative, so yes, they are clowning on the ad. I could say stuff like that all time. I can insult people's stuff and just say "I was kidding." Obviously not the case for everyone. When people start doing that I dig into stuff that presses their buttons. They don't like it either. Kids, family, divorce, etc. Believe me, I don't like mudslinging but they are not doing anything positive here.

#23 4 years ago

Dream, you need to realize that on pinside you arn't the same guy you are on NA. You can't just list an item, give a bad description, and expect people to throw money at you like they would for protos and rares. Takes more effort on your side to make the sale.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

And I do have to say, from the responses on this thread, I know who never to deal with. Pinside has a terrible reputation because of half the posters in this thread.

Chillax dude. People just having a good time, no one is personally smashing your ad. You'll be fine

More pics would help the sale for sure.

#25 4 years ago

I said I have a video and I do have pics to interested buyers. It's not difficult to contact me about it.

Lordloss: My pinballs sell fine. If the price is reasonable I don't see the issue. It's not like I am asking $2000 for the game.

#26 4 years ago

jrivelli: They are having a good time with themselves I guess. You don't see it from my perspective.

#27 4 years ago

One of the top 3 worst words ever spoken...

#28 4 years ago

Is DreamTR another account for xxBlackKnightxx ?

Jeez... Dude needs to relax a bit, probably wouldn't be the most fun guy to take to a comedy club lol

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

One of the top 3 worst words ever spoken...

Irregardless. I'm ok with that!

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Hell of a good deal, should be an easy fix.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Hell of a good deal, should be an easy fix.

I was thinking the same thing.
Most likely just a shorted coil that needs replaced along with a new fuse. Probably a $15 fix.
I would be all over this if I didn't just buy an F-14.

#32 4 years ago

Dream TR is a straight shooter. I have had many dealing with him over the years and he is more than fair always. If you have a concern or question he will answer it honestly. He told folks up front it had an issue so he wasn't hiding anything.

#33 4 years ago

Thanks guys, everyone who has dealt with me knows I am more than fair on things.

What I don't like are people trying to tell me a transistor issue = "needing a whole new board" and trying to get a game for $300 less, etc.

In any event, game is sold. I am sure kpg will get a pass for his comedic remarks because he is new and ignorant to the hobby. Anytime people on Pinside agree with a poster than is 3 months old and doesn't know anything about pins (he himself admitted this) you have to really take a look and see the influx of people that really think they know pinball and dig a bit deeper.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside