Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Patofnaud
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hello all. I am brand new to Pinside. Been a video arcade lover for many years (active on various arcade forums) and beginning to dabble a bit more in pins. Just bought myself a T2 project and don't have room for two pins...so my F14 has got to go. It's in nice overall condition. Some bubbling in the mylar as usual but not terrible. The beacon isn't working because the belt on it broke. But the motor runs. I haven't researched where to get a replacement belt yet. Need to find one so I don't have to keep explaining this. There's also one of the switches that throws a warning when I fire the thing up. But otherwise it seems to all be working fine to me. Sound is great. Amazingly cool light show. The displays are all in good condition. I'm asking $1500 for it. Located in Martinez, CA.

Here's some links to pics. I haven't figured out how to embed them yet but I'll look into that. Sorry it's a little dusty in the pics. I just finished doing some work in my gameroom that involved cutting wood and the sawdust drifted off a bit!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8185/8418097649_705f4fb1db_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8376/8419191592_cf240450da_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8087/8419190026_d77058c696_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8377/8418091235_49405b9382_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8333/8418089839_a433334933_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8189/8419183376_ec2101852b_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8354/8418086779_0a2b0d6fef_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8514/8419180366_8e90565048_b.jpg

And a video of it working: https://vimeo.com/58279343

thanks for looking!

John

#2 11 years ago

The beacon belts are an easy fix, you can get them at Marco. You'll need two of them. Great game GLWTS.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9543

#3 11 years ago

So F-14 is a $1500 game now? Sweet, glad I got one when I did! The beacon belts are available but a pain to install.
Your cabinet looks in great shape for an F-14, these are usually beat to hell. You have the clear flashers on the back, could be a prototype machine, or at least an early production. GLWTS! Love mine, it's a keeper for sure.

#4 11 years ago

When I had mine I don't remember replacing the beacon belts to be very hard at all, they're just large rubber bands. I also did a full playfield swap, that was a little more involved

#5 11 years ago

Thanks for the link for the beacon belt. I'll order a couple of those. Does $1500 seem out of line? I checked the recent auctions under Pinpedia and they ranged from about $700 up to about $2100. I didn't drill down into them much but assumed that the $700 ones were rough and the $2100 must have been absolutely immaculate. And this one seems pretty nice to me so it didn't seem like a crazy price. Oh, and I forgot to mention I have an extra set of plastics that will be included. I'm not sure it's complete but there's a bunch of them in any case.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from jehuie:

Does $1500 seem out of line?

Since you asked I will give my two cents. I would suggest learning to use Boston Pinball:

http://bostonpinball.biz/ebay_112112.htm

It tends to be very accurate, especially if there have been year to date sales. Currently it is saying the year to date average is 1487. So looks like you are in-line with current prices. With that said, if you look at the overall average, it is at 904. That means this machine has taken a little jump in price. This means you could probably get 1,500, but may take a little time.

By the way, I recognize the screen name from KLOV. I to started over there with arcades and made my way to here with Pins. Welcome to Pinside. Good luck with the sale.

#7 11 years ago

Condition is king, and yours we will say is better than average. I'd ask $1500 for that game as well, and if you wanted it moved quick you know you would likely negotiate it down a hundred or two. Now if you were asking $1800 or more I'd say pie in the sky.

Good price on a great game and good luck with the sale.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

F-14 is a $1500 game now

F-14 isn't a $1500 game because most of them have bad playfields. If you find one that was replace with a NOS playfield or one that has been restored then 1500 isn't bad at all.

#9 11 years ago

f14 takes 2 belts and they can be found at home depot,, black O-rings not sure the size of the ring, I would have to look it up, Don't spend a lot of money on these, they are cheap. marco wants 4.00 x2 and then shipping, to much IMO, for the same belts.

#10 11 years ago

That is an early machine. Still has the flash bulbs under the red domes installed in the back behind the targets.

The playfield is a little rough. How are the inserts? Are they raised?

I bought one with about the same playfield, and a worse cabinet for 800 dollars in September.

#11 11 years ago

welcome to pinside.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

That is an early machine. Still has the flash bulbs under the red domes installed in the back behind the targets.
The playfield is a little rough. How are the inserts? Are they raised?
I bought one with about the same playfield, and a worse cabinet for 800 dollars in September.

I'm not an expert at all....but the inserts don't seem to be raised to me. Unless you mean the mylar bubbling over the inserts. Which there is some of that as you can see in the pics. What do you mean by rough? Are you referring to the bubbling? Or something else?

#13 11 years ago

And....thanks for the welcome. How do I get a year to date on bostonpinball? I poked around but don't see that option.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from jehuie:

And....thanks for the welcome. How do I get a year to date on bostonpinball? I poked around but don't see that option.

There is a tab at top the homepage that says ebay summary or somthing like that...
I belive its either the second to last or last column that has that info.

#15 11 years ago

Not exactly overwhelmed with responses....I'm open to offers.

#16 11 years ago

I recognize Jehuie from KLOV. Nice guy over there. He's a vid guy, so take it easy on him. Throw him offers and knowledge, less snark.

My 2 cents? 1K is closer to around what you can expect. But no one asked. I don't know anyone that is looking for a F-14, or I'd shove them your direction. Good luck!

#17 11 years ago

I just played one today and all done up it is a blast...

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

I don't know anyone that is looking for a F-14

It's next in line on my wishlist. Shipping kills though.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

I recognize Jehuie from KLOV. Nice guy over there. He's a vid guy, so take it easy on him. Throw him offers and knowledge, less snark.
My 2 cents? 1K is closer to around what you can expect. But no one asked. I don't know anyone that is looking for a F-14, or I'd shove them your direction. Good luck!

Thanks Sosage. I have a pretty thick skin so I didn't take anything the wrong way. If I'm asking too much I want to know it. Not looking to get rich off the thing. Just want a fair price. Won't be offended by any offers.

#20 11 years ago

Im looking for a f-14 just have to talk wife into it haha,

#21 11 years ago

Nice F-14...it needs a little cleaning on the playfiled but hardly any wear that I can see of from the pics. Use the magic eraser method...you can search for it here on pinside. Also getting the beacon working is not that hard...so buy the belt, pinsider above posted you can buy substitutes at Home Depot..I didn't know that..awesome. One last note: the Boston pinball guide is an aggregate and IMHO it is woefully inaccurate because condition is king in pinball prices and the guide has no metrics for it....Good Luck.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from welder74:

Im looking for a f-14 just have to talk wife into it haha,

Make it an excuse to bring your wife to the city for a date night or something. That works for me! We actually just went into San Francisco last night and saw the play Wicked. It's kind of a chick play but it was still fun. And it won some good husband points!

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Nice F-14...it needs a little cleaning on the playfiled but hardly any wear that I can see of from the pics. Use the magic eraser method...you can search for it here on pinside. Also getting the beacon working is not that hard...so buy the belt, pinsider above posted you can buy substitutes at Home Depot..I didn't know that..awesome. One last note: the Boston pinball guide is an aggregate and IMHO it is woefully inaccurate because condition is king in pinball prices and the guide has no metrics for it....Good Luck.

Thanks for the tips. If it doesn't sell then I may just hang onto it. It's one of my sons favorite games anyway and it is in nice shape. Of course that would mean I need to sell one or two of my vids to make space!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

f14 takes 2 belts and they can be found at home depot,, black O-rings not sure the size of the ring, I would have to look it up, Don't spend a lot of money on these, they are cheap. marco wants 4.00 x2 and then shipping, to much IMO, for the same belts.

Ok I have been looked EVERYWHERE locally for these things. Including Home Depot. Are you really sure they carry them? Nobody there seems to think they do. Thanks!

#25 11 years ago

It's part # H85996 from any John Deere dealer. $2.

#26 11 years ago

Thanks, I found a couple good belts. An operator friend of mine had some. So now that I got this thing working 100% and I'm watching my kids have fun with it, I've reconsidered and I don't think I'm ready to sell this thing just yet. Imma hang onto her for the time being. I wasn't exactly overwhelmed with offers (most anyone offered was $500) and it's a nice machine so it's staying. Thanks for looking guys.

#27 11 years ago

heck yeah...watch it will have babies soon..even money says you'll be up to 3-4 in a few months.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from jehuie:

(most anyone offered was $500)

Unless the things a mess, we've got some lowballin' Pinsiders around here.

#29 11 years ago

Nobody from here made an offer. That offer was through another forum. I had it up for sale for $1,000 and got that offer and decided to say "heck with it" and keep it. I need to figure out how to make room but my son likes this one better than my T2.

#30 11 years ago

Good call, it is a great game. I have no plans to sell mine and wouldn't dream of it for a measely 500.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Good call, it is a great game. I have no plans to sell mine and wouldn't dream of it for a measely 500.

Yeah I never even considered it. Seemed kind of insulting at that price. Although I've never hesitated to lowball on things myself either.

But I was comparing it to the T2 I just picked up....and F-14 stands up really really well after all these years. The sounds. The lights. The build-up on the 4 ball multiball....it's a great game.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from jehuie:

Yeah I never even considered it. Seemed kind of insulting at that price. Although I've never hesitated to lowball on things myself either.
But I was comparing it to the T2 I just picked up....and F-14 stands up really really well after all these years. The sounds. The lights. The build-up on the 4 ball multiball....it's a great game.

especially in the bay area. We don't even see beat up EMs for 500$

#33 11 years ago

I am not currently in the market to be buying another machine so soon, if I was I surely would be wanting to take your machine for a test drive since you are fairly close! I'm saving up for a ToM a customer promised to me once they sell their home. Best of luck with whatever direction you take with this machine and welcome to Pinside!

#34 11 years ago

500 isn't an outrageous initial offer at all for an average F-14 that needs work. When I said around 1K, I meant all the way around 1K. As in both sides of the scale.

...and yeah, people in the bay area aren't giving games away, but if you put in your own leg work asking around and rub elbows with the right arms, you can find appropriately priced 500-ish dollar games from the System 11 era.

F-14 isn't a bad game either (obviously I think that), so it isn't like you're keeping a dud. There isn't another game quite like it.

3 weeks later
#35 11 years ago

is it still for sale?

#36 11 years ago

F-14 is one of my favorites in my line up. I wouldn't let it go for $1500, I'd be hard pressed to let it go for $2K. Much noise + much lights + easy rules = much fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-f-14-tomcat-in-northern-california-1500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.