IMG_0623.JPG
IMG_0621.JPG
IMG_0620.JPG
IMG_0619.JPG
IMG_0617.JPG
IMG_0618.JPG
IMG_0616.JPG
IMG_0614.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swf127.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 10 years ago

I think this is the nicest BSD I've ever seen... Wow! Great addition to someone's collection..

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

It's probably just a difference in mindset, but I would rather not pay out the ass for someone else's labor, unless that person is a professional restorer.

I don't think I've ever seen an HEP BSD but I think it would be amazing. It would also be 6-8K by the time you were done, no? I think you either pay some premium for a nice one or you get a beater and restore it yourself. I guess that presumes that immaculate matters. There are plenty of players quality games that get played a bunch and then passed on down the line. Nothing wrong with that.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I'll post pics when I have in my home.

Massive drool-fest on the horizon. He does amazing work.

Quoted from Collin:

I just think it's a simultaneously amusing and sad commentary on the pinball market that someone's asking $3900 for a BSD.

In the financial world, there are a bunch of things that are priced as a delta off of the US Treasury. I think pinball is similar in that pins get priced relative to whatever the current NIB pins are going for. In that context, would you say that the overall quality of STLE is 2x better than a near-mint and dialed-in BSD? 3x? 4x? We toss prices around because of what they originally sold for and how many there are, but all I care about is how much fun is it to play. If I've got X dollars for pinball, where am I getting the most shit-eating grins per buck. We talk like there's a basis on pricing for this stuff when in reality, it's a thinly traded market. [Serious question] How do you guys decide what a pin is worth?

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I determine what a pin is "worth" in terms of what it is likely to sell for based on sales history, and current demand.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is where you get the data to make that call. Places like ebay don't publish that data and the pinside market is designed to move pins, not show the moving average of prices per title. Sometimes pinheads sound like women who chase charm bracelets and hand bags. BSD was in fashion last year and out this year. It's kind of weird, no?

Quoted from Collin:

What a pin is worth TO ME is a simple function of fun per $$$

Works for me. So if we accept that there are essentially two different prices for a pin (worth to me and observed sales) then why does the community beat a pinhead so mercilessly if he prices a pin "too high?" Realistically, if it's above what everyone else is willing to pay the price will come down or he'll keep it if it falls below his "price to me" value. Seems fair and reasonable either way.

Quoted from Collin:

I wouldn't buy NIB or a new Stern LE simply because I feel it's poor value for money. I'd MUCH sooner have three or four games like BSD, Congo, Fish Tales, etc. Hell, I'd take two games like the one for sale here (B-list but in great shape) over a STLE.

I hear ya. I've been giving a lot of thought to the indirect/imputed costs of having a pinball collection. Additional square footage, mods, repairs, etc. The cost of the pins themselves are far from the whole story. If I could distill my pinball addiction down to four pins that I could play forever, I'd be one happy dude.

OP, beautiful machine. Sorry for taking your thread to a weird place but I was curious. GLWS!

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

My ACDC Prem sold so this BSD is no longer for sale.

I can't imagine you'll regret hanging on to it. Enjoy!

"Kyle, do you believe in jackpots?"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 84.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swf127.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-expensive-bsd-with-clear-coated-playfield-leds-some-chrome?tu=swf127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.