IMG_0623.JPG
IMG_0621.JPG
IMG_0620.JPG
IMG_0619.JPG
IMG_0617.JPG
IMG_0618.JPG
IMG_0616.JPG
IMG_0614.JPG
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I bought this off of Tatman awhile ago, not sure on the history of it. It's not prefect but it's one of the nicest I've seen. Cabinet reds are very nice with a clear coated PF that is in excellent condition. The right side of head has a repair on the bottom left corner. Looks like a small "chunk" came off and someone tried to put it back. If you could get new head decals installed on this it would step up the machine a notch.

Pic Gallery Here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/104572135352471614804/BSD?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMyamdWl4_PaQw&feat=directlink

Has:

Chrome rails and lockdown bar
Full non-ghosting LEDs and LEDs in GI and Flashers
Pinbits Plastic Protectors
Cliffy on shooter lane and Rat hole with Colored Cliffy Posts
White rubber with Purple Superbands
Pinball Pro Sub and Backbox kit
Includes Prototype Slings not installed

Located in Bartlett, IL

Not looking for any trades.

IMG_0627.JPGIMG_0627.JPG
IMG_0637.JPGIMG_0637.JPG
IMG_0626.JPGIMG_0626.JPG
IMG_0628.JPGIMG_0628.JPG
IMG_0629.JPGIMG_0629.JPG
IMG_0630.JPGIMG_0630.JPG
IMG_0631.JPGIMG_0631.JPG
IMG_0632.JPGIMG_0632.JPG
IMG_0633.JPGIMG_0633.JPG
IMG_0649.JPGIMG_0649.JPG
IMG_0650.JPGIMG_0650.JPG

#2 10 years ago

More pics

IMG_0574-148.JPGIMG_0574-148.JPG IMG_0576.JPGIMG_0576.JPG IMG_0577.JPGIMG_0577.JPG IMG_0579.JPGIMG_0579.JPG IMG_0580.JPGIMG_0580.JPG IMG_0581.JPGIMG_0581.JPG IMG_0583.JPGIMG_0583.JPG IMG_0585.JPGIMG_0585.JPG IMG_0589.JPGIMG_0589.JPG IMG_0641.JPGIMG_0641.JPG IMG_0642.JPGIMG_0642.JPG IMG_0643.JPGIMG_0643.JPG IMG_0645.JPGIMG_0645.JPG
#3 10 years ago

More Pics

IMG_0599.JPGIMG_0599.JPG IMG_0604.JPGIMG_0604.JPG IMG_0607.JPGIMG_0607.JPG IMG_0610.JPGIMG_0610.JPG IMG_0611.JPGIMG_0611.JPG IMG_0612.JPGIMG_0612.JPG IMG_0613.JPGIMG_0613.JPG IMG_0614.JPGIMG_0614.JPG IMG_0615.JPGIMG_0615.JPG IMG_0616.JPGIMG_0616.JPG IMG_0617.JPGIMG_0617.JPG IMG_0618.JPGIMG_0618.JPG IMG_0619.JPGIMG_0619.JPG IMG_0620.JPGIMG_0620.JPG IMG_0621.JPGIMG_0621.JPG IMG_0622.JPGIMG_0622.JPG IMG_0623.JPGIMG_0623.JPG IMG_0624.JPGIMG_0624.JPG IMG_0625.JPGIMG_0625.JPG IMG_0634.JPGIMG_0634.JPG IMG_0638.JPGIMG_0638.JPG IMG_0639.JPGIMG_0639.JPG IMG_0641.JPGIMG_0641.JPG
#4 10 years ago

Your going to regret selling this. I had one in super nice shape, sold it and now regret it.

#5 10 years ago

I think I just creamed end my pants. looks awesome.

#6 10 years ago

great game, great pics, fair price.
you get a lot of game with Drac; better game than 95% of the newer games in the last couple years.
If I was still in collecting mode and not down sizing mode; I would buy this in a heart beat.

Scott
Detroit Pinball
who has no affiliation with Turbo

#7 10 years ago

Drool!!!!!! Wow, what a great looking BSD!!!

#8 10 years ago

Nice,Nice,Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-Joe

#9 10 years ago

That game is beautiful. somebody is going to get a great BSD.

LTG : )

#10 10 years ago

Wow that thing looks awesome, I cannot imagine how fast and brutal it must play. Stoked for whoever picks this up.

#11 10 years ago

Looks great! Just got one, though.

#12 10 years ago

Now THAT is a BSD worth the big boy money.

#13 10 years ago

im a big boy now! wish I was closer this would be mine!

#14 10 years ago

What a great looking pin, but just can't help noticing the same broken plastic under the coffin as mine has. It's a tough place to keep it from getting chipped. Otherwise it's top notch.

#15 10 years ago

Better than the crap they try to sell here in AZ. Got a dude trying to sell his for 600 more and yours is better. GLWTS, wish you were closer.

#16 10 years ago

21 photos and just straight up writing "expensive" in the thread title? That's how you do it.

#17 10 years ago

F'n A. This thing is bad.

#18 10 years ago

Not expensive at all.

If I wasn't going to be doing mine soon, with decals, I'd be all over it.

Have played one with cc playfield, crazy smooth, fast, and brutal!

#19 10 years ago

Great game that is priced less than buying any newer games NIB

#20 10 years ago

You should charge $$ for letting us look at it. Beautiful!

Steve

#21 10 years ago

Maybe I missed something, but this seems to be double the going rate for an average one, or a solid $1500 more than what a nice one is worth these days. BSD is no longer hot like it was a year ago, and the market has cooled in general.

GLWS; you'll need it.

#22 10 years ago

I think this is the nicest BSD I've ever seen... Wow! Great addition to someone's collection..

#23 10 years ago

Always someone to rain on the parade.-Joe

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Maybe I missed something, but this seems to be double the going rate for an average one, or a solid $1500 more than what a nice one is worth these days. BSD is no longer hot like it was a year ago, and the market has cooled in general.
GLWS; you'll need it.

^^^^ This guy really has no clue… pretty obvious though.

Definitely the nicest BSD I've ever seen… worth every penny!

GLWS.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

GLWS; you'll need it.

Look at his cabinet. The reds are practically perfect. This is one of the very few BSDs I've seen that has that deep of reds. His PF looks to be immaculate - no damage anywhere that I saw.

This one is deserving of his asking price. Man, sucks to be broke in my pin funds right now.

#26 10 years ago

Let's analyze this.

Base game - $2400 (being generous)
Clearcoat - $100
Chrome rails and lockdown bar $100?
Full non-ghosting LEDs and LEDs in GI and Flashers $200
Pinbits Plastic Protectors $25
Cliffy on shooter lane and Rat hole with Colored Cliffy Posts $25
White rubber with Purple Superbands (Not really an add-on; a pinball should have new rubber when being shopped.)
Pinball Pro Sub and Backbox kit $200?
$3900 obo Lowballs will be ignored.

....dude is asking $3900. It looks to me like there's about $3000 worth of game there at best... but everyone knows you don't get your money back out of mods.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Let's analyze this.
Clearcoat - $100
White rubber with Purple Superbands (Not really an add-on; a pinball should have new rubber when being shopped.)
....dude is asking $3900. It looks to me like there's about $3000 worth of game there at best... but everyone knows you don't get your money back out of mods.

WOW! Like I said ^^^this guy^^^ has no clue…

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Clearcoat - $100

no way

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

WOW! Like I said ^^^this guy^^^ has no clue…

HAH! Weren't you bitching about how obscene Pinside asking prices are a few months ago? Now that you're trying to sell some games, the market is sky-high, apparently!

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Maybe I missed something

Yup, the "expensive" in the thread title! Gotta read the whole thing!

Also, your math is missing some important stuff, you can't just list a few costs and call it a day. Your "base" game needs to come with a perfect playfield, or you have to pay for someone to touch it up (or factor in the DIY time charge) and then you have to completely strip the playfield, get it cleared, wait for it to cure, reassemble etc. That doesn't just "happen".

If you have more time than money or just love a project, more power to you. Go get a beater and restore it. If you want one where the work is all done for you, which certainly some people prefer, you're gonna pay for it. Time or money, you gotta have one or the other.

#31 10 years ago

Please give me the contact details for the guy who clearcoats for $100. I have a bunch of work I'd like him to do.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yup, the "expensive" in the thread title! Gotta read the whole thing!
Also, your math is missing some important stuff, you can't just list a few costs and call it a day. Your "base" game needs to come with a perfect playfield, or you have to pay for someone to touch it up (or factor in the DIY time charge) and then you have to completely strip the playfield, get it cleared, wait for it to cure, reassemble etc. That doesn't just "happen".
If you have more time than money or just love a project, more power to you. Go get a beater and restore it. If you want one where the work is all done for you, which certainly some people prefer, you're gonna pay for it. Time or money, you gotta have one or the other.

It's probably just a difference in mindset, but I would rather not pay out the ass for someone else's labor, unless that person is a professional restorer.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

It's probably just a difference in mindset, but I would rather not pay out the ass for someone else's labor, unless that person is a professional restorer.

Just in case I wasn't clear (no pun intended) I love a restore. Touching up a playfield and clearing it myself was a lot of fun, and I turned a $900 EATPM into a really nice machine. Still need to apply the damn decals ...

But that took me months to finish all said and told. I would never expect to not pay more for one where all that work had been done. Honestly, as fun as it was, if I'd come across a local one for more that was nice I would have happily just bought it.

Labor is a cost, end of story. Do you always (ever?) get your labor cost back when you sell? Nope! But it ain't free either.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I don't think I've ever seen an HEP BSD but I think it would be amazing. It would also be 6-8K by the time you were done, no? I think you either pay some premium for a nice one or you get a beater and restore it yourself. I guess that presumes that immaculate matters. There are plenty of players quality games that get played a bunch and then passed on down the line. Nothing wrong with that.

#35 10 years ago

It is what it is; I've got no vested interest in this sale. I just think it's a simultaneously amusing and sad commentary on the pinball market that someone's asking $3900 for a BSD. That said, it's a really nice-looking example, and ultimately whether it sell will come down to whether someone wants to spend that much on this game.

#36 10 years ago

My BSD is at HEP right now. It will be the first BSD Chris has done. Reason-one of my all time favorite games and I have no time to do my restores at this point in time. I'll post pics when I have in my home. Oh & Collin, e-mail me and i'll tell you how much it was so you can rip me!-Joe

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

My BSD is at HEP right now. It will be the first BSD Chris has done. Reason-one of my all time favorite games and I have no time to do my restores at this point in time. I'll post pics when I have in my home. Oh & Collin, e-mail me and i'll tell you how much it was so you can rip me!-Joe

Actually, I think that's cool! I get the appeal, it's just not for me. I think that's someone you do more for yourself than for return on investment. I would love to see that once it's done.

(I also don't really go for chrome or powdercoated bars and rails on my games; "Bling" isn't really my style, and I'd generally rather have nice, clean, original.)

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I'll post pics when I have in my home.

Massive drool-fest on the horizon. He does amazing work.

Quoted from Collin:

I just think it's a simultaneously amusing and sad commentary on the pinball market that someone's asking $3900 for a BSD.

In the financial world, there are a bunch of things that are priced as a delta off of the US Treasury. I think pinball is similar in that pins get priced relative to whatever the current NIB pins are going for. In that context, would you say that the overall quality of STLE is 2x better than a near-mint and dialed-in BSD? 3x? 4x? We toss prices around because of what they originally sold for and how many there are, but all I care about is how much fun is it to play. If I've got X dollars for pinball, where am I getting the most shit-eating grins per buck. We talk like there's a basis on pricing for this stuff when in reality, it's a thinly traded market. [Serious question] How do you guys decide what a pin is worth?

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

Massive drool-fest on the horizon. He does amazing work.

In the financial world, there are a bunch of things that are priced as a delta off of the US Treasury. I think pinball is similar in that pins get priced relative to whatever the current NIB pins are going for. In that context, would you say that the overall quality of STLE is 2x better than a near-mint and dialed-in BSD? 3x? 4x? We toss prices around because of what they originally sold for and how many there are, but all I care about is how much fun is it to play. If I've got X dollars for pinball, where am I getting the most shit-eating grins per buck. We talk like there's a basis on pricing for this stuff when in reality, it's a thinly traded market. [Serious question] How do you guys decide what a pin is worth?

I determine what a pin is "worth" in terms of what it is likely to sell for based on sales history, and current demand.

What a pin is worth TO ME is a simple function of fun per $$$. If you look at my collection, I think it reflects that.

I wouldn't buy NIB or a new Stern LE simply because I feel it's poor value for money. I'd MUCH sooner have three or four games like BSD, Congo, Fish Tales, etc. Hell, I'd take two games like the one for sale here (B-list but in great shape) over a STLE. I also don't care for Star Trek as much as most people, and think it's a pretty unimaginative game

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I determine what a pin is "worth" in terms of what it is likely to sell for based on sales history, and current demand.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is where you get the data to make that call. Places like ebay don't publish that data and the pinside market is designed to move pins, not show the moving average of prices per title. Sometimes pinheads sound like women who chase charm bracelets and hand bags. BSD was in fashion last year and out this year. It's kind of weird, no?

Quoted from Collin:

What a pin is worth TO ME is a simple function of fun per $$$

Works for me. So if we accept that there are essentially two different prices for a pin (worth to me and observed sales) then why does the community beat a pinhead so mercilessly if he prices a pin "too high?" Realistically, if it's above what everyone else is willing to pay the price will come down or he'll keep it if it falls below his "price to me" value. Seems fair and reasonable either way.

Quoted from Collin:

I wouldn't buy NIB or a new Stern LE simply because I feel it's poor value for money. I'd MUCH sooner have three or four games like BSD, Congo, Fish Tales, etc. Hell, I'd take two games like the one for sale here (B-list but in great shape) over a STLE.

I hear ya. I've been giving a lot of thought to the indirect/imputed costs of having a pinball collection. Additional square footage, mods, repairs, etc. The cost of the pins themselves are far from the whole story. If I could distill my pinball addiction down to four pins that I could play forever, I'd be one happy dude.

OP, beautiful machine. Sorry for taking your thread to a weird place but I was curious. GLWS!

#41 10 years ago

This is a F.S. thread. Why did the Spanish Inquisition show up?

Frankly, I think BSD should be considered an A title... it's that good of a game. The reason it isn't is that the movie it is based on didn't do well at the box office.

OP... hope you get your sale, though I agree with others when saying... "what are you thinking?? Keep that thing!"

#42 10 years ago

IMO you have to pay for quality in some cases. I always laugh at the people who say "well normally this x/y/z game goes for $2k, so mint HUO would make it $500 more". I've seen the $2000-2500 BSDs, they are not that great. Even the one I've listed here isn't HUO IMO or crazy nice, it's just hard to find a BSD in this condition, much like a Shadow.

#43 10 years ago

P

Quoted from Collin:

Let's analyze this.
Clearcoat - $100

Please pm me anyone who would do an excellent clear job for a hundred bucks. I need this contact.

#44 10 years ago

That is a beautiful looking BSD. I'm not into price policing generally unless I just see an absolutely egregious price. I do see it as a legitimate part of the "free market" though. Pumpers vs. police= a more balanced market. Just having one or the other doesn't work. Neither would be fine, but when you have one, you have to have the other.

Using the word "expensive" changed the whole tone of the post as well as the tone of the subsequent responses. If it wasn't for that one word, many people on here would be saying that $3900 is an outrageous price. But by just putting "expensive" in the title, the majority of posters so far seem fine with the price and many in fact think that it's a good price. So I suppose the OP gets props for the reverse psychology play, intentional or not. You even have those who study the pin pricing market up, down, left, and right like Teekee defending it.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Frankly, I think BSD should be considered an A title... it's that good of a game. The reason it isn't is that the movie it is based on didn't do well at the box office.

And here I thought it wasn't an A list title because of all the tits they could have put on the playfield, they chose Gary Oldman's. Blehh!!

Chris

#46 10 years ago

Beautiful BSD. If I weren't committed to so much this year I would consider it. Oh, a clearcoat job is going to be about 500 to 700, depending on condition. An unused Tron play field cost 350, but well worth it.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

And here I thought it wasn't an A list title because of all the tits they could have put on the playfield, they chose Gary Oldman's. Blehh!!
Chris

Ha! And Ron Jeremy in the coffin isn't helping things

#48 10 years ago

This is the nicest BSD I have ever seen. Some people care about that. Either you do, and are willing to pay a premium for it, or you don't. If you don't, that is perfectly acceptable. But no need to act like a putz just because you might not be into it.

#49 10 years ago

The price of a 1969 boss 429 is 150-200k on the low side (with 50,000 miles.) high end cars (original paint with less than 5000 miles) run half a million or more. I have no problem with the price on this table. Beautiful machine!

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

What a pin is worth TO ME is a simple function of fun per $$$. If you look at my collection, I think it reflects that.
I wouldn't buy NIB or a new Stern LE simply because I feel it's poor value for money. I'd MUCH sooner have three or four games like BSD, Congo, Fish Tales, etc. Hell, I'd take two games like the one for sale here (B-list but in great shape) over a STLE. I also don't care for Star Trek as much as most people, and think it's a pretty unimaginative game

What the pin is worth TO YOU doesn't matter unless you are a potential buyer (and I don't think that's the case here).

I have no problem "paying up" for quality. The best bargains in pinball are the restorations done by talented hobbyists/collectors. Your earlier assertion about only wanting to pay the professionals is really odd considering you claim to be a value buyer. I've done business with many of the top pro restorers and top hobbyist restorers. I can tell you the best values are from the hobbyists. Picked up a wildly beautiful Centaur for $3,700. Having a "pro" restore a Centaur is easily a 10k proposition including the cost of the machine (and that's a conservative number).

I'm not currently shopping for this title (and have no clue what it's worth), but given the beautiful condition, my gut says it's not far off from fair value.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 5.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-expensive-bsd-with-clear-coated-playfield-leds-some-chrome/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.