ek8.jpg
ek7.jpg
ek6.jpg
ek5.jpg
ek4.jpg
ek3.jpg
ek2.jpg
ek1.jpg
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

Thanks for the kind words CrazyLevi !!! and I remember that you used to be posting way back when as well, on rgp, back in the 'ol KOZ and Gary era's! ..... Geeezus, these guys are tame compared to them!

Yes, the auction was shut down, because the game is "no longer available for sale". No, it didn't sell for my original $6495 asking price that I posted here,.... but I did accept an offer that was slightly less, and one that I thought was very fair .. I'm happy, and my customer is happy with what he paid, and that's pretty much all that matters.

I almost forgot, CrazyLevi, ... you are 'wrong' about one thing though, ..... I'll think I'll have to "will" the Gilligan to my Gran-daughter thou, ... it'll Never sell!!!

Allen

#52 9 years ago

Great post. If I could double thumbs up it, I would. =)

Dave (Doc)

Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I think $3200 for the EK is a great deal.
If that were a Fathom, it would get 6-7k IMHO.
Not everyone in pinball cares about modern fan layout double ramp games.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

With a game this nice, every single tiny flaw gets blown way out of proportion. I had an HUO Pinbot...and it was crazy how you noticed the three tiny things wrong with it.
That's a gorgeous, freakishly nice EK and I think it qualifies as mint. Obviously it was nice enough for somebody.

Our definition of mint is way different. If you can honestly look at pic number 6 and tell me you would be happy paying top dollar for that playfield then I'd be surprised. Like I said, it's a great survivor but to call this game mint is not accurate by the definition of the word.

#54 9 years ago

Congrats on the sale.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Our definition of mint is way different. If you can honestly look at pic number 6 and tell me you would be happy paying top dollar for that playfield then I'd be surprised. Like I said, it's a great survivor but to call this game mint is not accurate by the definition of the word.

That game was as mint as mint can be for a game that age. Probably the nicest example on the planet unless there is one still sealed in the crate somewhere.

You have to remember that those playfields weren't absolutely perfect brand-new.

This machine looks to have less than 100 plays on it. You can tell by the apron.

I have a Rolling Stones that I installed an assembled NOS playfield that was sealed in the original factory wooden crate 35 years ago and it isn't perfect either but it's still "mint".

I considered buying this game. Glad to see others appreciated it too. In the end though, money talks and BS walks. Congrats to the new owner.

#56 9 years ago

There are a lot of Evel Knieval memorabilia collectors out there. Huge active Facebook group.

I put a pic of my EK up there (just had the cab repainted) and they flipped out over it.

If that's your thing, and you can afford it, everyone is happy.

I've been online since 1994 and I still shake my head every time I see the "That's too much to pay that's teh StUpiDz!!11!" posts.

#57 9 years ago

EK is also a fantastic game to play.

Bally really it it out of the park with their late 70s games. The layouts look like EM layouts but the games are super fast and smooth.

Even Lost World - which looks like a lame playfield layout - is fun.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Our definition of mint is way different. If you can honestly look at pic number 6 and tell me you would be happy paying top dollar for that playfield then I'd be surprised.

I'm not happy paying "top dollar" for ANY game, so obviously I'm not the target audience. I wouldn't pay $6k for that EK, I wouldn't pay $6k for one that just rolled off the line. I wouldn't pay $6K for any game and I never have.

That's irrelevant.

That's as mint as as a vintage EK is gonna get. That makes it mint in my book. Yeah I grade on the curve.

#59 9 years ago

man, that's a sweet pin . . .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 199.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-evel-knievel-huo-low-plays-pristine/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.