By brmorr

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by leonml
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 1,700

for sale

FS: Escalera stair climber

Added: May 28th, 2016 Ended: June 6th, 2016

Item description

Decided to sell my Escalera RLA-EW 1200lb stair climber. This stair climber comes with the fork lift option which is good for lifting games, etc.. It also comes with an extra ratchet strap and liftplate attachment. When I purchased it used, I put a brand new battery, wiring harness, switch and other parts to make it like new. If you bought this all new, it would roughly cost $3300. Looking to get $1700 and it is located in the Chicagoland suburbs. See this link for the model I have:
http://stairclimbinghandtrucks2go.com/escalera-rla-ew-motorized-stair-climber-with-winch-lift-removable-and-electric-hand-truck/

Let me know if you are interested and I can get some pictures for you!!

Thanks!

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Chicagoland, IL, US

Seller insights

These are brmorr's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to brmorr's stats page

#2 2 years ago

Wish I was closer, as I have been thinking about getting one.

#3 2 years ago

I can tell you I was in the hobby 12 years until I bought one... Regretted not doing it on day one... They aren't cheap but you will pay yourself back in spades once you start using it...

#4 2 years ago

I bought an escalera with the fork lift and pinball plate a few years back... One of the best purchases ever. The thing is absolutely amazing... Like Joe said: not cheap... But well worth it

#5 2 years ago

Timing timing timing....

I want this badly. Just no funds .

#6 2 years ago

This is a great deal. I love mine. Saves my back (and ass)

#7 2 years ago

Wow I just read that this thing weighs 200 pounds! Hell that is almost as much as the pinball machine itself.

#8 2 years ago

For those with stairs (like me), this is a no brainier must have item. Busting your hump and hurting your back will cost you more in Dr and hospital visits.

#9 2 years ago

I split one (used) with another local collector and it's a god send.

Use it to move games up and down stairs.

Have used it with the fork lift to load and unload pallets from the back of a truck, and even to hoist an engine onto an engine stand

#10 2 years ago

One of the best tools a pinball owner can have. I would never have as many games as I do if I didn't have it, which means it may be a curse...lol. I found mine on CL for $450, best Deal i think I've ever got on CL. It's a 2001 model, but they haven't really changed much over the years.

#11 2 years ago

Ditto. Well wort the cost of you move pins up and down stairs. Glws.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Wow I just read that this thing weighs 200 pounds! Hell that is almost as much as the pinball machine itself.

They make aluminum models as well which are better suited for pins & vids. The one for sale here is also meant for commercial hot water heaters & furnaces.

I've got a Lectro-Truck. Nicknamed it my "Wife-Saver" after she had to go to the ER when she helped me move a 300# slot machine a dozen years ago or so.. That's when I said never again do I make a move without one of these stair climbers.

#13 2 years ago

Another vote from me as an owner of one. I can move machines by myself up and down my stairs. Usually my wife will spot for me to make sure I don't catch a door, but I've done it solo as well.

I used to hurt my back every time I moved a pin, and my back would be sore for days afterwards. Not anymore.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Most of that weight is in the forklift part which is made out of steel. That part is removable and it generally stays in my basement/garage because it is so heavy and awkward you need the cart just to move around the attachment.

Once the forklift part is removed you are left with the much lighter and easy to pick-up stair climbing, aluminum cart/dolly.

I really do like the forklift part (thought I bought the manual winch lift, not the electric winch lift) and I have been very happy when I use it. Just make sure to take the forklift attachment off when you don't need it or you will be making life hard on yourself.

#15 2 years ago

I am an Escalara owner, and it does make moving games upstairs a lot easier . I figure if it saves me one back injury, I am way ahead !!

#16 2 years ago

I had a Lectrotruck and sold it. I now have an Escalara and love it. In my opinion, the Escalara is better for moving pins. I wouldn't move my pins without one. Good luck with the sale.

#17 2 years ago

I messaged days ago and got crickets. Must be on vacation

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside