(Topic ID: 61180)

FS: Elvira and the Party Monsters (SOLD!!)

By aztarac

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

eatpm_8.JPG
eatpm_7.JPG
Animated_0206.gif
eatpm_2.JPG
eatpm_1.JPG
eatpm_4.JPG
eatpm_6.JPG
eatpm_3.JPG
eatpm_5.JPG

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

She will be staying at my house, I just bought it. I can't believe "Elvira" will be staying at my house. I'm gonna have to clean the dump up.

Congrats! This was another example of a pin I didn't want but after I saw the ad and pretty pictures I was busy talking myself into it! Thanks for taking it off the market...

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from madsci:

Wouldn't pay that much for one of these personally, since I'm more a player than collector, but this is one super clean machine dude. Very nicely kept, will make some collector very happy.

I'd consider myself a player too but it doesn't mean I don't like to play on nice examples of tables like the one FS. I will never understand that statement.

Great looking and one of the funniest pins I've played. GLWS.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Congrats! This was another example of a pin I didn't want but after I saw the ad and pretty pictures I was busy talking myself into it! Thanks for taking it off the market...

To funny btw75, done that many times before but not anymore, my target number of pins has been reached I have no more room in my gameroom so I'm done buying.

#54 6 years ago

GLWS

FYI I never price police Beauty That is a very nice looking example you have there.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

To funny btw75, done that many times before but not anymore, my target number of pins has been reached I have no more room in my gameroom so I'm done buying.

Congrats, great pin. Wife loves mine.

#56 6 years ago

Yep - Elvira is tentatively sold. SS will be a bit lonely.....

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Congrats, great pin. Wife loves mine.

Hey Bohdi we'll have to get together and you can show me the sweet spots on the lady.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

You got my emails?

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Bohdi we'll have to get together and you can show me the sweet spots on the lady.

We could do that sometime. It is dam fun machine, especially when you get 4 players going. Even my in-laws got a kick out of her.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

We could strike a deal for that SS. My EATPM will keep her company????

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Congrats - It is a really nice machine!

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I'd consider myself a player too but it doesn't mean I don't like to play on nice examples of tables like the one FS. I will never understand that statement.
Great looking and one of the funniest pins I've played. GLWS.

You can have a machine that plays incredibly, but isn't completely mint. Don't get me wrong, I like playing on beautiful machines, but that doesn't mean I need to own minty games to fully enjoy them. That's what I meant by the difference between a player and a collector. I wouldn't pass up a sweet machine if the price was super low, but I don't need to pay higher prices for a mint game when the gameplay can be the same as a less than perfect one.

Anyways, congrats on the sale. Machine is beautiful!

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You got my emails?

Yep - with a few Benjamins and a 'short' drive she is all yours!!

hmmmm......I think I just pimped Elvira!

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

We could strike a deal for that SS. My EATPM will keep her company????

Ack!! No, SS is staying in the gameroom for quite some time. It is hard to get rid of games, but the excitement and anticipation of being able to get something else is worth it!

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Ack!! No, SS is staying in the gameroom for quite some time. It is hard to get rid of games, but the excitement and anticipation of being able to get something else is worth it!

Never hurts to ask. I wouldn't part with SS either..

#66 6 years ago

Now everyone can focus on buying my Elvira!

#67 6 years ago

Sorry for the diversion Adam, carry on......

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Yep - with a few Benjamins and a 'short' drive she is all yours!!
hmmmm......I think I just pimped Elvira!

Then your really in Nevada then??

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from madsci:

You can have a machine that plays incredibly, but isn't completely mint. Don't get me wrong, I like playing on beautiful machines, but that doesn't mean I need to own minty games to fully enjoy them. That's what I meant by the difference between a player and a collector. I wouldn't pass up a sweet machine if the price was super low, but I don't need to pay higher prices for a mint game when the gameplay can be the same as a less than perfect one.
Anyways, congrats on the sale. Machine is beautiful!

I understand what your saying but this is my only minty game and it will be nice for a change to not have to do anything to it, just play it. Since I lack the know how, time and place to get a game into this condition I'll just have to buy one and from the pictures this is the one. Sure wish I could get the real Elvira to sign it.

#70 6 years ago

@MustangPaul: I'd be happy to share the little I know about pin repair/maintenance Nice score, fun game and a GREAT example of it!! Congrats to buyer and seller! Ain't pinside grand?!

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I understand what your saying but this is my only minty game and it will be nice for a change to not have to do anything to it, just play it. Since I lack the know how, time and place to get a game into this condition I'll just have to buy one and from the pictures this is the one. Sure wish I could get the real Elvira to sign it.

If you find any beaters that have potential, send em my way!

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

@MustangPaul: I'd be happy to share the little I know about pin repair/maintenance Nice score, fun game and a GREAT example of it!! Congrats to buyer and seller! Ain't pinside grand?!

Thanks jonogo I really appreciate ANY help I can get, these game are so complicated. When I get the game room done I'd like to have a MN pinball's get together. I just wonder who would show up because I don't have the newest big buck games. I love Pinside but I'm finding out you gotta have some MONEY to play in this ball park. It could be worse tho, my brother is into boats, his is a 43ft with twin 650hp 502's, the entry fee to that park is 100k +.

I sure will lordloss but I only have the same sources for finding pins as you. But I'll keep a look-out just the same.

#73 6 years ago

I'm pissed...found out today I have a long distance delivery Sat. so I can't pick up Elvira. But Walt was kind enough to hold it for me till next Sat. Thanks Walt.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

When I get the game room done I'd like to have a MN pinball's get together. I just wonder who would show up because I don't have the newest big buck games. I love Pinside but I'm finding out you gotta have some MONEY to play in this ball park.

For a 'budget' collection you have some solid games you should be proud of. Don't get too sucked into the hype, pinball is pinball. Those are some classic 80s games, and your 90s ones are both great bang for buck machines.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I completely understand. I was lucky enough to have a friend close by who knew about repair and cleanup of a game, so he taught me. If I was closer to you, I'd gladly show you, since it makes like much easier, and really adds to the hobby. Good luck with the game, you're getting a real beauty!

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

For a 'budget' collection you have some solid games you should be proud of. Don't get too sucked into the hype, pinball is pinball. Those are some classic 80s games, and your 90s ones are both great bang for buck machines.

I agree completely, pinball is pinball. We are not all so fortunate to be buying NIB's and MM etc. I am more than happy with mine and take pride in doing everything I can do to my knowledge to keep them running and fix them up. Be HAPPY with what you have, it's more than a lot of other people have...

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I know...it's just that I'm new to the hobby and not deep into games with long rules lists because none of my friends are into pinball, I'm the "odd duck" so to speak and they get turned off if a game is to hard. But then again I and they are older and not into partying like we used to be. It seems that I'm the only one still wild and crazy.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from madsci:

I completely understand. I was lucky enough to have a friend close by who knew about repair and cleanup of a game, so he taught me. If I was closer to you, I'd gladly show you, since it makes like much easier, and really adds to the hobby. Good luck with the game, you're getting a real beauty!

Yes you were lucky there, you had a mentor which everyone into pin. should have, it's a very complicated hobby, not like stamp or bug collecting. These are big, heavy machines with hundreds of parts that all have to work together for the game to work.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I agree completely, pinball is pinball. We are not all so fortunate to be buying NIB's and MM etc. I am more than happy with mine and take pride in doing everything I can do to my knowledge to keep them running and fix them up. Be HAPPY with what you have, it's more than a lot of other people have...

I'm happy with what I have and to finally have a place to put them. I finally bought a house a year ago and that's when I seriously started thinking about getting into pinball.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm happy with what I have and to finally have a place to put them. I finally bought a house a year ago and that's when I seriously started thinking about getting into pinball.

Glad to hear it. Owning a house is such a nice feeling, owning your own pinball machines is... almost better. It is a fun hobby, but not cheap. I never dreamed back the 80's and high school days i'd ever be able to have my own pinball machine, and now I have 4. Life can be good, but not taken for granted. Your getting a heck of nice EATPM, enjoy it! I'd love to see it sometime.

#82 6 years ago

Anytime ya want to come over just let me know, but NOT next Sat. I'll be picking up the Lady.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Anytime ya want to come over just let me know, but NOT next Sat. I'll be picking up the Lady.

Just might have to do that sometime. I was gonna say I have some spare plastics and maybe a few odds and ends from redoing a majority of mine i'd offer you, but I don't think yours needs anything. Ever have a question regarding anything on her, LMK. I may be able to offer some insight..

#84 6 years ago

You have a good variety in your collection Paul, nice solid games! Congrats!

1 week later
#85 6 years ago

Paul made the trip today and picked up Elvira. Great guy and I think the pin found a fantastic new home!

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside