Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by weapon76
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

14688155599502039593883_(resized).jpg
IMG_2250_[155343]_(resized).JPG
IMG_2249_(resized).JPG
DSCN3664_(resized).JPG
DSCN3665_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
20160424_210003_(resized).jpg
image.jpg
20160506_161926_(resized).jpg
20160506_133349_(resized).jpg
20160506_132259_(resized).jpg
20160506_132255_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Caprice_PPV_Black_Lake_(resized).jpg
20160406_115621_(resized).jpg
lightbar2_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 99

for sale

FS: ECTO 1 LIGHTED CAR

Added: March 30th, 2016 Re-listed: 2 times Ended: August 12th, 2016
Condition: New

Item description

The car features two white LEDs in the headlights, two blues in the sirens and a "special" led in the car to make it glow slimy green...lol.

The car measures roughly 4.5" long and will fit in the back left on the plastic between the flashers or on any playfield screw with supplied mount. It hooks to GI, but if you want to make it interactive and hook it to an insert, you will have to solder two connections to one of the playfield light boards, at least for the premium/le. Pro might still have sockets. It's a 6v application.

I have one available right now, more on the way.

Can be purchased through our website: Lermods.com

Shipping is free in the US, $15 international.

Thanks for looking...

Item photos

image_(resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Upper Freehold, NJ, US

Seller insights

These are Lermods's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Lermods's stats page

#2 2 years ago

Very cool.

#3 2 years ago

GLWYS

#6 2 years ago

The Ecto ! car looks awesome with the added leds in the car. I especially like the blue leds in the siren area. Way cool, these will look great in the All GB models. My Pro is on the way, can't wait. Its going to be an awesome pin. Nice mod lermods.

#7 2 years ago

I'll buy one. Give me an address to send you the money

#8 2 years ago

Sorry I didn't see that you won't ship. Never mind

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Sorry I didn't see that you won't ship.

Huh? Where did you see that? I saw free in the US.

#10 2 years ago

ok, look, I love my fellow pinsiders , but as a techie and a self proclaimed light geek, I must say... the light bar on a police car is just that. the LIGHT bar (or rotating beacons in the old days)... the siren is what makes the noise to alert people to get the hell out of the way. LOL

that is why law enforcement and rescue vehicles call it "lights & sirens" ... now back to your regularly scheduled program!!

great mod Lermod!!

p.s. sorry, its my OCD, and my kids yell at me every time I say something to them as well!

first two pics are siren alerting systems, last two pics are light bars!!

siren1_(resized).jpg
lightbar_(resized).jpg
lightbar2_(resized).jpg

#11 2 years ago

Hey, you think those will fit on top of the Ecto car? Will they run on 6v?

#12 2 years ago

no but I would love a set of them on top of my HS or my HSII...

1 week later
#13 2 years ago

New stock is in and ready to go...

Pm me for info or visit our website and use the contact us to place an order.

http://www.lermods.com/ghostbusters.html

------------------------
www.lermods.com

#14 2 years ago

amazon.com link »

$15.97 + $83.03 in LEDs apparently... What a deal !

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

amazon.com link »
$15.97 + $83.03 in LEDs apparently... What a deal !

You're always free to go and make one yourself... and work for free. Then try to work for free for everyone else too. But that's your choice

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You're always free to go and make one yourself... and work for free. Then try to work for free for everyone else too. But that's your choice

Hey if you want to go pay $100 for a $15 dollar toy have at it !

#17 2 years ago

Shipping is free and significant discounts can be provided on multiple items. If you order through our website, mention pinside. Uncle Sam takes his cut (yes, I pay taxes), PayPal takes 3% and my time isn't free.

#19 2 years ago

Have you got a letter from Stern yet?

#20 2 years ago

My mod is legally being produced since the license on the car has previously been paid. If you make a car with, say, a 3d printer and slap a gb logo on it, that's where you run into issues.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My mod is legally being produced since the license on the car has previously been paid. If you make a car with, say, a 3d printer and slap a gb logo on it, that's where you run into issues.

Cool just checking..

#22 2 years ago

Thanks for doing these for the pinball community.
Don't let the people that do not understand the time and effort that goes into these things bother you.
Looks very nice.

#23 2 years ago

Is there a video for this or pictures I can't see on the site? Is there just the one pitch black Green pic?

#24 2 years ago

I'm interested in this but will wait in till I can see it on a playfield. Looks nice

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Is there a video for this or pictures I can't see on the site? Is there just the one pitch black Green pic?

Weren't you the guy who said it looked awful in an earlier thread I had on this? Are you just trolling or are you really interested? Arcade maximus also was critical in a prior thread and provided the same amazon link he provided in this thread. I don't get it, if you don't like the mod for whatever reason, why bother being so negative, just drain the topic and move on. I show it in the dark because don't you want to see how it lights up?

I'm working on getting pics of it in the game, but it was confirmed to fit at tpf between the upper left flashers. It also has multiple mounting options so it can be placed on any playfield screw.

#26 2 years ago

I'm a big fan of light bars....

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

I'm a big fan of light bars....

....and yes, that's me driving.

Later,
EV

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Are you just trolling or are you really interested?

I just wanted to see if there was a pic of it mounted to a game; that's all.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

....and yes, that's me driving.
Later,
EV

Showoff...

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Weren't you the guy who said it looked awful in an earlier thread I had on this? Are you just trolling or are you really interested? Arcade maximus also was critical in a prior thread and provided the same amazon link he provided in this thread. I don't get it, if you don't like the mod for whatever reason, why bother being so negative, just drain the topic and move on. I show it in the dark because don't you want to see how it lights up?
I'm working on getting pics of it in the game, but it was confirmed to fit at tpf between the upper left flashers. It also has multiple mounting options so it can be placed on any playfield screw.

Because personally If I paid $100 for a 'mod' and found out its an off the shelf item that can be found for $13 bucks, I may be a little ticked off. I'm sure I'm not the only one. If people want to buy what you are selling at that price, great. If they don't or maybe want to make the mod themselves, then the part is available CHEAP. Honestly it cant take that much time to glue some LED lights into the inside of that thing and I believe the price should reflect that. Maybe $50, and that's pushing it. Then again if you are selling them, then I guess its priced correctly. I guess I think of it like this, If you were to just sell just the lighting kit and make others buy the car separate, do you think people would pay $86.00 for like 6 LEDs + labor? I realize this comes off like a total dick, but man everyone in this hobby is already gouged to death on parts and machines...

I dunno I am hung over and cranky today. I am an artist and I have been drinking...

#31 2 years ago

I dunno I am hung over and cranky today.

That's why I quit drinking, wasted to much of my life thinking about it, doing it and recovering from it.

#32 2 years ago

Because personally If I paid $100 for a 'mod' and found out its an off the shelf item that can be found for $13 bucks, I may be a little ticked off. I'm sure I'm not the only one. If people want to buy what you are selling at that price, great. If they don't or maybe want to make the mod themselves, then the part is available CHEAP. Honestly it cant take that much time to glue some LED lights into the inside of that thing and I believe the price should reflect that. Maybe $50, and that's pushing it. Then again if you are selling them, then I guess its priced correctly. I guess I think of it like this, If you were to just sell just the lighting kit and make others buy the car separate, do you think people would pay $86.00 for like 6 LEDs + labor? I realize this comes off like a total dick, but man everyone in this hobby is already gouged to death on parts and machines...
I dunno I am hung over and cranky today. I am an artist and I have been drinking...

There is hardware and sockets, plus hardware to mount the car to the game. So I don't think 100 is all that bad. Labor isn't cheap these days, look at fast food workers pushing for 15 hr min… I feel you are being a little over critical, like you said if it is selling it must not be priced to bad.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I Love mine. Now I need my GB pin to match!!

image_(resized).jpeg

#34 2 years ago

bought a bunch of led mods from op. quick delivery, very good serviced and price. even threw in a led for me. I would definitely be a returning customer !

1 week later
#35 2 years ago

Lermods made one for me and looks like a lot of work to make it. There is a square hole cut out from the bottom of the car to gain access to mounting the leds. Small holes had to be drilled in various locations and small leds carefully put in and glued in to secure them. There is soldering and shrink wrap over the wires for a clean look. Plus a wiring harness and metal bracket underneath for mounting. There is multiple leds in it and looks like a tedious job to do. It is a nice little mod that will look great anywhere in your new Ghostbusters pin. Nice job !!

#36 2 years ago

Thanks. These are available on our website, Lermods.com. Combine with another item and receive 10% off your total order with code PINSIDE...and free shipping in the U.S.!

1 week later
#37 2 years ago

Cointaker had the car installed in the pinball refinery version at the Pinfest show. Car fits great on the right ramp...as if Marshmallow man is chasing it...thanks Steve and Cointaker!

BTW, the PBR version is sweet, awesome lighting effects and the white looks great. A little too bright at the show, but in a darker room, I bet it looks even better.

Www.Lermods.com

20160506_132255_(resized).jpg
20160506_132259_(resized).jpg
20160506_133349_(resized).jpg
20160506_161926_(resized).jpg

#38 2 years ago

i saw this in person. very nice mod!!

#39 2 years ago

Lermods made me one. Well done mod with all of the leds, nice job.

#40 2 years ago

This mod is truly amazing looking brother excellent job

#41 2 years ago

The mod blended well in the game at allentown and looked nice!

But lets keep the PBR acronym for the original PBR... Pinball Resource

#42 2 years ago

Pabst Blue Ribbon??

#43 2 years ago

Great looking mod... just ordered mine today on your website. Nice little addition to my L.E playfield when it arrives

#44 2 years ago

Lermods Ecto-1
GB-Pro

image.jpg

#45 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing the pic. We are currently sold out of the car and our site shows them as being on back order. I expect to have more ready to go later this week or by the weekend at the latest. You can still order, but they won't ship until late week.

Btw, we also have a trough light for the game, $15 and we can do a backboard light, purple or green would looks good for both. They tie into the GI circuit.

Here is a pic of purple on my who dunnit as an example.

20160424_210003_(resized).jpg

#46 2 years ago

I really like the Ecto-1 mod. It looks great mounted in front of the city scape. I have couple questions for you on this. Is it setup to have the different colored lights activated separately? I'd love to see the green not light until "He slimed me" or at least when Slimer is moving around. It would be really cool to have a white light in the car lighting it up, then changing to Green when the slimed mode happens. Is that possible?

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

I really like the Ecto-1 mod. It looks great mounted in front of the city scape. I have couple questions for you on this. Is it setup to have the different colored lights activated separately? I'd love to see the green not light until "He slimed me" or at least when Slimer is moving around. It would be really cool to have a white light in the car lighting it up, then changing to Green when the slimed mode happens. Is that possible?

That's an excellent suggestion requiring two separate LED wiring and connections, possibly even three.
It probably depends on the connections within the game to pull it off. A bit complicated, but probably worth the extra trouble. A second version of the Ecto car maybe?

#48 2 years ago

No, the car has all lights lit at once.

If someone wants to have the option to have the lights activate on separate circuits, I can do it. However, stern uses light boards, at least on the prem/LE versions, so making connections beyond the gi could be too difficult for some.

If the pro still has socketed inserts and not light boards, the connections would be easier. However, any modifications beyond the original car would raise the price as more labor and material are involved to make three separate connections.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

I have mine running off the SCOLERI BROTHERS . It flashes during attract mode.. As the game is started it goes dark. The ecto-1 lights return during SCOLERI BROTHERS mode, super jackpot , frenzy. It works out well and it feels like a reward! It basically follows with the game. It is very nice.

#50 2 years ago

where can i buy the car itself, not the mod

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside