6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by absocountry2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Your best bet is to take the backbox off. It should be easy on WOZ. The only wires are likely the monitor cable, backbox lighting wire, speaker wires, and topper wire. The CPU is in the cabinet. The cabinet will be the same size as TZ. You also probably can easily take the playfield out to reduce the weight. The playfield has those huge rails so you can set it down on the floor on the rails.

The CPU is in the cabinet?.....that's interesting.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The CPU is in the cabinet?.....that's interesting.

Yep. See the link:

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/wizardofoz/index34.html

#53 6 years ago

If you can fit it down the stairs in the box, you are doing yourself a favor moving it that way. If nothing else, you can rent a stair climbing hand truck. One thing to remember is that even though this is a wide body game, the back box is still the same width of traditional games. I've got one coming too and I figure I may have too remove a railing along the stairway to gain a little clearance. But that's not my major concern, I have "jog" at the top of the stairs. I figure it will take at least four to five of us to maneuver that turn.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

If you can fit it down the stairs in the box, you are doing yourself a favor moving it that way.

You know what the in-box dimensions are?

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from sangel1969:

You know what the in-box dimensions are?

I would be curious to know this as well... My SUV has less than 1" to spare in height when transporting a Stern NIB pin. If it's any taller I'll need to borrow a pickup truck or take it out of the box before transporting it home.

#56 6 years ago

W

WOW, that machine looks really cool. Hopefully it won't need any repairs any time soon. No-one will know how to work on one.

#57 6 years ago

The box it ships in is the same size as a stern box.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

W

WOW, that machine looks really cool. Hopefully it won't need any repairs any time soon. No-one will know how to work on one.

Don't worry, they are consolidating the power supplies so there will be a lot less stuff (including fans) in the shipped games. It will not be so much different that it would cause people to have problems figuring out what is what. There is a sound board, driver/power board and cpu board.

#59 6 years ago

If it cannot be moved in the box you can wrap it with stretch wrap. I get it pretty cheap at Lowes. This applies to any pin.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside