Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Eors
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I've got one each of the following kits..but sold my game recently, so these are for sale.
Each kit is new as received (prices include shipping).
$185 for this one:
http://www.wobbleheadkit.com/Wobble_Head_Kit/Buy_It_Now.html
$315 for this...
http://www.basementarcade.com/arcade/drwho/MakingOf/index.html

Contact me if interested.
Thanks,
Dan

#2 10 years ago

pm sent on the wobblehead kit.

#3 10 years ago

I'm interested in the wobble head kit as well. Looks like you only have one, but let me know if the first pm doesn't go through as I'll take it. Thanks

#4 10 years ago

The wobbleheadkit.com kit has been sold, the BasementArcade.com kit is still available.
Thanks, Dan

#5 10 years ago

I'd like to add that the better of the two kits are still available. Yes, it costs more, but it was crafted after the original motor used in the original sample games. Mark is no longer making them so if you want one of these, I would grab it quickly! I got mine 13 years ago and it still works perfectly.

#6 10 years ago

ARRRRGH!! WHERE WERE YOU BEFORE TPF!!!

/faceplant!!!

I would tear my hair out right now if I hadn't cut it off last night. Anyone who has been looking for one of these and passes on the good kit is a FOOL. A FOOL, I TELL YOU.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'd like to add that the better of the two kits are still available. Yes, it costs more, but it was crafted after the original motor used in the original sample games. Mark is no longer making them so if you want one of these, I would grab it quickly! I got mine 13 years ago and it still works perfectly.

Agreed, just too much out of my price range. But what an awesome product those guys made.

#8 10 years ago

I agree with Al..the basementarcade kit is built like a tank and very impressive.
I'm starting to wonder if I should keep it around, just in case..
Dan

#9 10 years ago

PM sent on the other kit.

#10 10 years ago

Thanks for all the interest folks...both kits are now on their way to new owners.
I do think the Basement Arcade folks should consider another run, as I had about 4 people interested after it was sold.
Dan

#11 10 years ago

We've talked about it. Interested parties should PM me.

#12 10 years ago

Al,

I love the mechanism but it was always the price that got me.

I understand that originally Bally/Midway wanted to make this thing bulletproof to go on route. However, most are in the hands of collectors now. That Dalek head can't weigh more than a pound. Have you ever considered using a different set of materials to lower the cost? Wood, lexan, etc. Or is all the cost associated with the CNC operations?

faz

btw...I'm frantically looking for change in the couch cushions...

#13 10 years ago

I should note, I'm not a fan of the other mechanism. I don't like the action...even if it was free.

#14 10 years ago

I would love one, but simply cannot justify the price.

#15 10 years ago

I completely agree about the price. The problem is, the cost of materials and the time it takes to make the custom parts and put the thing together.

Even the wiring harnesses are assembled by hand. And I might add, there is one guy making them from start to finish - he machines the parts - Assembles the unit - builds the wiring harnesses - and packs it. The process is about 6-8 hours per unit - end to end.

I've always thought it was a very high end device, but that said, I just bought a $200 topper for my AC/DC so it's becoming a "Normal" price now.

And, I might add, the guy who stole our device name and sold them for $100 to make it impossible for us to sell ours has raised his price to $300. In his unit, you get a piece of machined aluminum, a servo motor, and a wire that connects it to the light. When the light comes on, it moves in a jerky pattern.

Ours has a multiple machined steel parts with bronze bushings, an opto to determine when the device is forward, a real motor, adjustable mounting to account for changes in the plastic of the Dalek over the years, a wiring harness that can be installed without cutting or splicing a single wire. The Game ROM controls the movement of the head. Also, if you go into diagnostics on your game, there is actually diagnostics for our unit already in the game. That's because of the opto. The engineering took a long time and the one in my game (which was the first) has worked flawlessly for 13 years!

The installation manual is at: http://pinballobsession.com/PDFs/Wobble10a.pdf and you can see the build quality in the pictures.

Unfortunately, it's just an expensive device to make and we really appreciate all of the people who purchased them over the years.

#16 10 years ago

Ok.... I'm in...if you do another run, let us know. So far I've found 82¢ in the couch

#17 10 years ago

Add me to the list of potentially interested people...at the right price. Maybe we can get a group buy together? I much prefer the idea of the original wobblehead device properly integrating with the original machine diagnostics.

#18 10 years ago

I was on the second run I think of the basement arcade version and it sat in a box unused for years. Finally found a Dr. who and it works great, can't say enough nice things about how awesome this thing is.

#19 10 years ago

awarner - you have definitely sold me on the cost justification. I will say that I have always wanted to get the Basement Arcade version, as integration with the original code is a must for me.

I just need to find a head to my Dalek first...

#20 10 years ago

I'd be interested in one from another run too.

#21 10 years ago

Mod looks great. Email sent.

#22 10 years ago

I'll talk to Mark about it. We briefly spoke about it during the Allentown show. I think he said he had some of the parts and would have to make some others, but it wouldn't be a full run of 50, more like 5 or 10. I'll get info and get back to whoever has sent me a note.

#23 10 years ago

Hrm.......this is really tempting. I may have to ask a buddy of mine if he is interested.

#24 10 years ago

Just bought one a unit from BasementArcade 3 weeks ago. It's put together beautifully, and came with a full set of printed instructions. Sure it's not cheap, but the alternative unit is not really comparable in my view and just didn't cut it for me. No regrets.

#25 10 years ago

OK - I talked to Mark about another run. He has some parts in the 50s some in the 20s and some are just plain missing. What we want to do is get the bulk of the parts together on our dime and when we go to order motors, take deposits. The deposits will pay for the motors and you guys who are interested will know that your device is forthcoming. We're probably a couple of months out. We'll be selling them through the basementarcade.com page when we do. Again, this is not going to happen right away because one guy (Mark) does it in his spare time and when he can get access to his C&C (he owns it, but it's at someone else's location). I have all of the names of people interested. I'll create a new thread when we're ready and send PMs to everyone that wrote me.

#26 10 years ago

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

Thanks,
faz

#28 10 years ago

Count me in and if you need help building wiring harnesses (and it would help reduce costs any), please let me know.

2 weeks later
#29 10 years ago

I am in....been looking for one for a while

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Boards
Slap Save Creations

£ 110.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-dr-who-dalek-kits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.