• 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Geocab
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Selling my Who to make some room.It,s clean
and fulling working.Machine plays fast with all
new rubber , cleaned and waxed playfield.
I'm asking $1875 OBO Thank You

#2 6 years ago

This machine is getting a lot more attention lately with the 50th anniversary and all. I've owned this game for 20 years now since it was NIB and will never sell it. Awesome game at an awesome price.

I'd buy it at that price if it was nearby as a gift for my son. Someone jump on this sucker.

#3 6 years ago

Pm sent. (For a buddy)

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This machine is getting a lot more attention lately with the 50th anniversary and all. I've owned this game for 20 years now since it was NIB and will never sell it. Awesome game at an awesome price.
I'd buy it at that price if it was nearby as a gift for my son. Someone jump on this sucker.

Sentiment echoed, a great bang for the buck game! Good luck to the seller and future owner. I'd love to get my hands on a collector quality DW.

Steve

#5 6 years ago

Pm sent

#6 6 years ago

GLWS.

#7 6 years ago

PM sent

#8 6 years ago

Damn, wish I'd seen this sooner, Doctor Who is a star at my house. My son even kintted (with a machine) a doctor who scarf. Already too many PMs sent.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Damn, wish I'd seen this sooner, Doctor Who is a star at my house. My son even kintted (with a machine) a Doctor Who scarf. Already too many PMs sent.

Send another; until the OP says sold he is still accepted proposals. The rule of pinball dealings is first with the cash gets the machine. Always been that way.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Awesome game at an awesome price.

Totally agree. I don't understand why DW is so cheap - IMO it has a lot of the qualities that make WH2O a great game. Straightforward for beginners, rewarding for skilled players. Really fun multiball, lots of opportunities for strategy (which doctors to collect first, increasing playfield multiplier before starting multi ball, etc), upper flipper shot to unlock the big scores... Just a great game.. and better music and sound than WH20 in my opinion as well.

And yet WH2O is easily over $3k these days! Nothing against Whitewater, it's just that I think DW measures up well.

For anyone lamenting BSD, WH2O, or WC94 creeping up out of their price range, jump on this!

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from gcp:

For anyone lamenting BSD, WH2O, or WC94 creeping up out of their price range, jump on this!

I hear ya there. I "thought" I overpaid a little for my WCS, but that's because I wanted a nice example to start my collection and get the family on board. Not even a month later I see them going for 200 above what I paid.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from gcp:

Totally agree. I don't understand why DW is so cheap - IMO it has a lot of the qualities that make WH2O a great game.

DW is a fun and very interesting game...but it's SUPER SUPER repetitive. The Sonic boom/loops is the easiest way to scroe big and it becomes somewhat of a chore.

It's a damn fine game don't get me wrong, but it's priced where it should be IMO.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Send another; until the OP says sold he is still accepted proposals. The rule of pinball dealings is first with the cash gets the machine. Always been that way.

Totally agree.Go for it.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

DW is a fun and very interesting game...but it's SUPER SUPER repetitive. The Sonic boom/loops is the easiest way to scroe big and it becomes somewhat of a chore.
It's a damn fine game don't get me wrong, but it's priced where it should be IMO.

The best part about DW is how approachable of a game it is. While what you say about the loops is true (though I note those are third flipper loops and not the easiest to hit for that reason . . . certainly harder than BSD loops for example) the main playfield toy is very easy for non-pinheads to understand and have fun with.

People new to pinball prefer my DW to my Tron LE . . . by a wide margin.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Watch out if you're playing in a tournament on a DW, against someone who is really good at nailing loop after loop. As you're standing waiting for your turn (listening to repeated "million" and "sonic boom" callouts, it's good to go to your zen place, where ever that may be.

#16 6 years ago

PM sent but wondering if you have any pics.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

People new to pinball prefer my DW to my TRON LE . . . by a wide margin.

No argument there, DW is 5 times slower and most people could probably hit 20 loop shots for every one Gem shot. That's me included and I've played Tron 200+ more times than DW.

#18 6 years ago

Just started a full restore on a DW. Looking forward to seeing how fast I can make it.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Watch out if you're playing in a tournament on a DW, against someone who is really good at nailing loop after loop. As you're standing waiting for your turn (listening to repeated "million" and "sonic boom" callouts, it's good to go to your zen place, where ever that may be.

Flashing back to The Law ousting me from our last tournament doing this very thing on DW....

*Zen place*

ohhhhmmmmm

*Zen place*

ohhhhmmmmm

*Zen place*

Later,
EV

#21 6 years ago

If you get it I will road trip with you to pick it up . . . we'll get a couple Doctor Who Big Finish CD's for the ride! Would be a fun drive.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Flashing back to The Law ousting me from our last tournament doing this very thing on DW....

LOL, this is exactly what I'm referring to EV! The Law kicking me to the curb with repeated loops on the DW. I must say it was rather impressive.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I must say it was rather impressive.

If you put a little time into that loop you'd master it easy. At the end of our match you were hitting it a lot. Here's the thing, I played DW probably 30 times before that night. During the league I scored a 9 million on it for god sakes. Mick taught me what to do in 5 minutes after that and viola`, we played a couple weeks later. I didn;t even have any intention on playing DW that night, I was looking to play Creature and it was taken.

#24 6 years ago

Has this been sold?

#25 6 years ago

I sent a PM, but he said a sale was pending, that was yesterday. A number of interested buyers.

#26 6 years ago

Dr Who is sold sorry for slow response on emails and this post'
I underestimated the demand for this title.Thanks for positive postings.

#27 6 years ago

Congratulations on the sale!

#28 6 years ago

TigerLaw - I can always count on you for a solid road trip. I can smell one cooking - I hope Tristen can hang

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Speed:

TigerLaw - I can always count on you for a solid road trip. I can smell one cooking - I hope Tristen can hang

Speed, where are you going to put all these games? LOL

#30 6 years ago

I kinda wish a new one with the three new doctors added would be released.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Speed, where are you going to put all these games? LOL

I don't think he got this one sadly. That would have been a fun road trip though! I think we all need to road trip to a summer time pinball show somewhere.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

I kinda wish a new one with the three new doctors added would be released.

A new Doctor Who machine would be a instant sight unseen pre-order for me. No question.

#33 6 years ago

The new call outs would be great. "I like multiball, multiball is cool."
"What? What?! Whaaaat?!"

"You can defeat 6 million Cyberman with 4 Daleks?" "We can defeat you with just one Dalek!"

I'd like to see the Weeping Angels incorporated somehow, at least when they were first introduced. Blink is one of my favorite episodes.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside