IMG_5765.JPG
IMG_5764.JPG
IMG_5763.JPG
IMG_5775.JPG
IMG_5774.JPG
IMG_5772.JPG
IMG_5773.JPG
#1 9 years ago

This pinball machine has been in my family since 1977 (as shown in the last photo from an article in the Dallas Morning News... btw, "Playball" has already been sold and I am keeping "Flipper Fair").

Doozie looks and plays beautifully. Very fast action & strong flippers/bumpers as if new. I have personally restored the machine myself. I realize it is difficult to assess the condition of a pinball machine over the internet and would rather not waste your time in shipping costs or driving to Dallas to pick it up... so here is the most complete list of what has been done:

Backglass is nearly perfect. Rich consistent colors with no sun damage or fading. The only peeling occurred at the bottom ("the Windex effect") which has been expertly repaired with color-matching decals. The entire glass has been sealed with Krylon Triple Thick. The score reels and credit window are fully transparent and clear as they should be (were not covered with the sealant).

Playfield has some minor planking which does not affect gameplay and is hardly noticeable. Typical amount of "white dot" playfield wear in some areas. However, as you can see, colors are rich and the overall condition looks very nice.

Plastics are all complete and original in great shape.

Flippers, rubbers, and bumper skirts are all new. Bumper caps are original and pop with color.

Zipper-flippers work as they should and have been fully disassembled and serviced.

Gate has been rebuilt and works perfectly. No slip-through or blocked shots.

All inserts have been replaced and/or flattened and re-glued. No cupping! The "X" inserts are new with custom matching decals under a protective polyurethane layer.

Every stepper unit and rotary contact has been fully disassembled, cleaned, and re-sprung where necessary.

The credit unit counts correctly (up and down) and remains centered in the display. Game will start with or without credits.

Every solenoid coil has been replaced with new sleeves.

Scoring reels have been fully serviced, disassembled, and had new sleeves installed.

Small bell, large bell, and credit knocker are all present and work as they should.

Leg levelers are white nylon base with EZ glide discs underneath. Works on carpet or wood.

All of the score reel lights, backglass lights (except flasher bulbs), rollover targets, inserts, and pop bumpers have been upgraded with Cointaker LED's. All have been painstakingly matched to deliver improved light output and reduce power usage without compromising the original look of the machine. No one has ever guessed a single LED was in it!

Backbox black bezel frame has been stripped and repainted with fresh glossy black enamel semi-gloss. Looks slick and shiny like the original.

Cabinet is original paint. Original purple/peach colors intact w/no visible sun fading on either side from what I can discern. Some minor nicks here and there but nothing egregious like initials or graffiti. Overall it looks good for its age.

Bottom panel is in fine shape. No rotting, no water damage, no bowing.

Power switch works 100%.

Power cord is new 14' 3-prong w/ground wire to transformer body.

Ball is Marco Silverjet.

Backbox and front door locks are new and keyed to 1382.

Great game, very fast, challenging, and quite a looker! LOTS of work went into this and it has been in my family since I was 6 years old. I'll be happy if it goes to a collector who really likes that late 1960's style. Looks great as a night light too.

Local pickup preferred, but I will work with any shipper who is experienced with picking up and delivering pinball machines (like NAVL). Thanks & feel free to forward any questions.

IMG_5777.JPGIMG_5777.JPGIMG_5772.JPGIMG_5772.JPGIMG_5775.JPGIMG_5775.JPGIMG_5773.JPGIMG_5773.JPGIMG_5774.JPGIMG_5774.JPGIMG_5771.JPGIMG_5771.JPGIMG_5763.JPGIMG_5763.JPGIMG_5769.JPGIMG_5769.JPGIMG_5764.JPGIMG_5764.JPGIMG_5765.JPGIMG_5765.JPG

Post edited by NicoVolta: item has been sold

#2 9 years ago

Oops... forgot the last shot...

1977 - Schell pinball family.jpg1977 - Schell pinball family.jpg

#3 9 years ago

Nice family pic. Which one is you?

#4 9 years ago

Blue shirt.

Gotta love all that 70's vintage going on. Including astroturf!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-doozie-1968-williams-em-pinball-machine-huo-since-1977-dallas-tx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.