Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190610_090026 (resized).jpg
    image0.jpeg
    image1.jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 11 months ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Other items - for sale

FS: Donkey Kong Arcade Game / Original Cabinet Minty

Added: 2023-05-03 13:27:16 UTC

#2 11 months ago

Hate to be that guy but that is not an original DK arcade game, it’s just a 60 in 1 with a nice non original cabinet that even has the wrong coin door. I was under the impression that 60 in 1 games were still 400-600 bucks but it’s priced like it’s an og DK. Sorry you paid what you did but don’t pass your mistake off to someone here.

#3 11 months ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Hate to be that guy but that is not an original DK arcade game, it’s just a 60 in 1 with a nice original cabinet.

I'll go a step further and completely burst the bubble. Thats not an original cabinet. Wrong coin door is the first glaring obvious difference. Then comes the paint job and side art. Then the buttons and joystick. Go look at this cabinet if you need comparisons.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/donkey-kong.512935/

#4 11 months ago

I was actually kind of wondering about the height of the cabinet, it looks too short as well.

#5 11 months ago

Is this a Arcade1up asking for a friend?

#6 11 months ago

I like it. A 60 in 1 like this is a fantastic addition to the game room and a great bang for the buck. I have an Arcade1up converted to a 60 in 1 that gets tons of use. These are neat.

#7 11 months ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I like it. A 60 in 1 like this is a fantastic addition to the game room and a great bang for the buck. I have an Arcade1up converted to a 60 in 1 that gets tons of use. These are neat.

Its fine to like the setup. Its a different story to list it as original with the description it currently has. Some folks might not pickup on the differences and be under the impression they could make a few changes (add an original PCB) and have an authentic DK. They would undoubtedly be mistaken.

#8 11 months ago
    Quoted from Blake:

I'll go a step further and completely burst the bubble. Thats not an original cabinet. Wrong coin door is the first glaring obvious difference. Then comes the paint job and side art. Then the buttons and joystick. Go look at this cabinet if you need comparisons.
    https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/donkey-kong.512935/

And the speaker grille looks like it was cut out by hand

#9 11 months ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Hate to be that guy but that is not an original DK arcade game, it’s just a 60 in 1 with a nice non original cabinet that even has the wrong coin door. I was under the impression that 60 in 1 games were still 400-600 bucks but it’s priced like it’s an og DK. Sorry you paid what you did but don’t pass your mistake off to someone here.

Couldn't agree more. The value of these cabs when the original board is lost to a $60 Chinese multiboard goes through the floor, only compounded by the CRT being chucked for an LCD. It basically becomes one step above an Arcade1UP.

A much more tasteful opton that preserves the original DK2 board set (in case someone wants to revert for hight score competition use) is to add the DK remix kit: https://highscoresave.com/online-ultimate-donkey-kong-3dk-multigame-with-remix-multigame-free-play-and-high-score-save-kit/

#10 11 months ago

I restore arcades too. This is far from an original. The OP might want to change a few things in his ad. The asking price for what he has isn't crazy but the info is misleading. Here is a photo of my game for reference.

20190610_090026 (resized).jpg20190610_090026 (resized).jpg
    #11 11 months ago

Oh and I hate to pike on but we also dont use the term 'Minty ' anymore

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-donkey-kong-arcade-game-original-cabinet-minty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.