You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-721.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Price Drop $10 shipped.

Used DW opto board set for the time expander. Was giving me trouble with the two parts shown so I bought a new one...of course then I realized that I didn't have to spend $40-50 plus shipping and probably only needed to replace a few parts for a few bucks. Couldda saved some money, but my loss is your gain.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-721.jpgimage-721.jpg

#2 9 years ago

IMO, you didn't waste your money. I also have a Who pin and those boards flake out quite a bit, especially after several years of getting smacked by a ball. I finally bought the newer, thicker boards. Since I've replaced them I haven't had a single problem.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks. Here's a cheap replacement instead of buying new. Price dropped.

#4 9 years ago

I think the problem may be that people are reluctant to putting any money into a board that's damaged.

Truth is, this board is crazy simple....not much to F-Up. Perception is that all boards are incredibly hard to work with.

If I could suggest, why don't you fix the board and sell a **working** repaired board set for $25+

Testing is simple. Continuity tests for your own sanity... then.

The receivers will have a resistance change when exposed to a mag light (put your DMM on the pads).
The senders need a power source. Jumper from the connector to the pad and view each LED with a digital camera.

Just a thought. Or perhaps this post may inspire someone to take a chance on a great priced board set.

GLWS

faz

#6 9 years ago

Price drop. Too many projects. I'm almost 100% sure it's just those two pieces. Only asking five bucks plus shipping. Otherwise it's probably going in the trash.

#7 9 years ago

Sold. Thanks.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-doctor-who-time-expander-opto-board-set and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.