6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by coasterguy
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3901.JPG
    113139-i.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_20130426_110549_985.jpg
    Playfield_plastics_e.jpg
    29.jpg
    30.jpg
    hellacopters3_sized.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    spooky-blacklight-web.jpeg
    spooky_done.jpeg
    NLTLPinside.jpg
    628x471.jpg
    Hellacopters-pinball-super-rad-shotjpg.jpg

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

OK, First item: Donny, Wade Krause and Tanio Klyce have created 3 custom pinball machines including the original "Metallica" game that they created for James Hetfield and the band. They have been working on a fourth game called "Spooky House" that was being created using a Black Knight machine - with, BTW, the blessings of Steve Ritchie. They have not finished the game, but are offering up just 12 of the original backglasses exclusively here to Pinsiders. These are made of tempered glass and are screen printed with 13 colors. This is a beautiful and very expensive process to create these EDIT: 30 in total. They will come hand-signed by Dirty Donny and Wade Krause.

I am not working for them. I was familiar with the project and had asked if I could purchase the glass. Once they caved in to me, they told me they would make 12 available for sale to Pinsiders of the 30 made in total. If you want one, they are $300 plus about $50 US shipping. Wade has to create a wooden box on each one to protect it for shipping. You can email Wade directly if you would like one or if you have a question. He can ship up to 3 together for the same $50.

Contact wadeotornado@yahoo.com

Here it is. Nicest looking backglass I have ever seen.

spooky_house_glass_01.jpg

#2 6 years ago

very cool

#3 6 years ago

Love it!

#4 6 years ago

OK, next. Donny had found 4 of his limited edition books, "Monsters Revolt." These books include information about all of his art including his involvement with pinball. Only 100 of these LE books were ever made. They were sold out years ago, but he found a few stashed away, and mentioned it to me while discussing the glass. They come in a hand-made box created by Wade and they are also signed by Wade and Donny. They are $500 each, but they have recently sold for as much as $1200 at auction. He is making these available exclusively to Pinsiders if they want them. He will dedicate (sign) the book to you if you would like. Here is a link with information on the book. http://www.dirtydonny.com/dirtydonny11/?p=92

If you want one, please email Donny at dirtydonny@gmail.com. He will give you instructions on payment and delivery. No, he does not have an "in" to get you a MOP LE. Please just contact him if you want the book. I am happy to answer any questions you may have. PM me, email at jim@ezlocal.com or call me at 630-373-4875.

monster_revolt_featured.jpg

#5 6 years ago

wow very cool! Lovin his art

#6 6 years ago

Where are the BG's being shipped from?

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from corvair61:

Where are the BG's being shipped from?

They are shipped from Wade in Clovis, CA. He assured me that they would arrive safe.

#8 6 years ago

I don't think a Williams size backglass will fit on a Stern (I have never thought about it), but if it did, introducing Metallica Premium #3;

Metallica-Premium2-MU-01a.jpg

#9 6 years ago

Here is the last backglass that Dirty Donny created and sold. It was for the Hellacopters game. It is a very rare find.

Hellacopters-pinball-super-rad-shotjpg.jpg 628x471.jpg

#10 6 years ago

That backglass is amazing! I'm really thrilled with his illustration on the Metallica pin. He did a San Francisco-themed pinball shirt for my friend's company that you can check out here: https://quincexv.com/store/no-life-til-leather

NLTLPinside.jpg

#11 6 years ago

My wife got me one of these prints (of the Hellacopters bg) a couple years ago:

ebay.com link » Dirty Donny Hellacopters Signed Silkscreen Art Print Poster 2007 Pinball Glass

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstym:

My wife got me one of these prints (of the Hellacopters bg) a couple years ago:
    Ebay link

Wow, I can't believe that it's $225 for the poster. Was yours signed? These backglasses are actually 13 color screen printed on Tempered Glass. He told me they were a great deal, but that poster gives me an even better perspective.

He will tell me when they sell out here, or, he will open it up to everyone (eBay, his website, distributors, etc...) next week. Not sure how many are gone, but they look to be priced right. Plus, I love supporting a working artist within the pinball community.

#13 6 years ago

You say poster, I say print Heavy stock paper. Hand screened. Glow in the dark inks. Yes, hand signed and numbered. The price in that auction is up significantly since I got mine a couple years ago. I guess there aren't many left that are not already owned by collectors. I missed out on the Hellacopters backglasses. They sold super quick.

The price on this Spooky House! is great. Add the fact there will only be 12 available to the public, and the price looks even better.

#14 6 years ago

Sorry, my bad, PRINT. Sometimes, I am just stupid.

#15 6 years ago

No apologies necessary.

#16 6 years ago

OK, my last post on this. Looks like they use some special inks on this as well.

spooky_done.jpeg spooky-blacklight-web.jpeg

#17 6 years ago

Glow in the dark would be cool if its at all possible.

#18 6 years ago

OK, First item: Donny, Wade Krause and Tanio Klyce have created 3 custom pinball machines including the original "Metallica" game that they created for James Hetfield and the band. They have been working on a fourth game called "Spooky House" that was being created using a Black Knight machine - with, BTW, the blessings of Steve Ritchie. They have not finished the game, but are offering up just 12 of the original backglasses exclusively here to Pinsiders. These are made of tempered glass and are screen printed with 13 colors. This is a beautiful and very expensive process to create these EDIT: 30 in total. They will come hand-signed by Dirty Donny and Wade Krause.
    I am not working for them. I was familiar with the project and had asked if I could purchase the glass. Once they caved in to me, they told me they would make 12 available for sale to Pinsiders of the 30 made in total. If you want one, they are $300 plus about $50 US shipping. Wade has to create a wooden box on each one to protect it for shipping. You can email Wade directly if you would like one or if you have a question. He can ship up to 3 together for the same $50.
    Contact wadeotornado@yahoo.com
    Here it is. Nicest looking backglass I have ever seen.

2 of those glasses are coming to Minnesota

I also am making a clone of the Hellacopters pin.
    I have the glass and only spare set of plastics made since 2008..way to long.
    I vow to start this project this year,been in contact with Donny for some time and he will be commissioned to do my playfield..

image.jpg image.jpg

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

2 of those glasses are coming to Minnesota
    I also am making a clone of the Hellacopters pin.
    I have the glass and only spare set of plastics made since 2008..way to long.
    I vow to start this project this year,been in contact with Donny for some time and will commissioned to do my playfield..

Man if my roommate saw you were turning a kingpin into that he would be crying(he loves em themed bowling pins).

Can some post a better picture of the hellacopters Playfield?

Would love to own that book and back glass but all my spare money is going into Metallica/star trek/hobbit. Not enough money to buy everything I want . Want to take a loan against my 401k as it has been doing really well but can't justify it just yet. Gonna have to start taking more overtime at work to feed my pinball addiction. I am so addicted to pinball I actually just quit smoking to free up money for pinball. I did the math and realized I was smoking 1 stern pro a year lol. Almost 1 week without a cig, so far so good. Gonna write a book "how my pinball addiction saved my life" lol

Dirty Donny's artwork reminds me of the old rat fink character. Would not surprise me if he created that character?

Would love to see him do artwork on another pin for stern. Possibly a new theme or just base the theme off his artwork? Get a heavy metal or hard rock band to do custom music for it? Sign me up!!

#20 6 years ago

Maybe a stupid question, but does it glow in the dark or do you need a special black light for the effect?

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Maybe a stupid question, but does it glow in the dark or do you need a special black light for the effect?

I don't know, but I will try to find out. I am certain Wade will respond if you email him. It is at least a UV type ink.

#22 6 years ago

DD at home.

image.jpg

#23 6 years ago

Man if my roommate saw you were turning a Kingpin into that he would be crying(he loves em themed bowling pins).
    Can some post a better picture of the hellacopters Playfield?

Here you go.

hellacopters3_sized.jpg 30.jpg 29.jpg Playfield_plastics_e.jpg

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Glow in the dark would be cool if its at all possible.

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

From Wade's email:
    "There are no glow in the dark colors but there are many fluorescent inks that will glow under black-light. There are UV led bulbs available that will light this up black-light style from the back side, that is what we were are going to do on the real game."

Man, I would love to buy one of these!

#25 6 years ago

Email sent, but no reply yet.

#26 6 years ago

Mine is coming.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobertWinter:

Email sent, but no reply yet.

He will reply. Sometimes it takes him a couple of hours or half a day, but he gets back to everyone. He is a great guy.
    Jim

#28 6 years ago

Anyone in Illinois want one of these? I will go in on shipping with two others, I will give it 24 hours then I'll order on my own.

#29 6 years ago

Got my books today, All I can say is WoW, cool artwork. Book Case is made of wood.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from GAP:

Got my books today, All I can say is WoW, cool artwork. Book Case is made of wood.

I am hoping my book comes today.

Quoted from Tseamans:

Anyone in Illinois want one of these? I will go in on shipping with two others, I will give it 24 hours then I'll order on my own.

I would have, but I already went in with Mike. Should also be here any day now. I know there are only a few more left.

#31 6 years ago

Jim yours is probably waiting at home

IMG_20130426_110549_985.jpg

#32 6 years ago

UPDATE:

Just spoke with Wade - he and Donny wanted to thank all of the Pinsiders who bought these items from them. They have just three backglasses remaining if you still want to get your hands on one.

As a side note, if you are seriously interested in purchasing the Hellacopters Pinball Machine seen above in this thread, I believe Wade and Donny are ready to part with it. It is my opinion that they will take the first offer around $12K. Email wadeotornado@yahoo.com if you are serious. It is one-of-a-kind and it is a part of pinball history.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

UPDATE:

As a side note, if you are seriously interested in purchasing the Hellacopters Pinball Machine seen above in this thread, I believe Wade and Donny are ready to part with it. It is one-of-a-kind and it is a part of pinball history.

Not to mention The Hellacopters were pretty much the cat's ass. Too bad they disband. They could blow Metallica off the face of the earth but, then again, so could any other garage rock outfit.

#34 6 years ago

Looks great!

#35 6 years ago

Here is a video about the Hellacopters game. I wish I could afford it right now. the guy with this has the biggest D_ K at his next pinball party.

#36 6 years ago

Took the plunge! I am excited to see this in person at my home! Thanks for the info BackFlipper-

#37 6 years ago

I got my glass today and it is really incredible. I have found myself daydreaming all day about a new Spooky House Pinball machine being created. I actually started drawing it. It would have a 3-wing house (similar to MM), but much bigger. You could hit the ball up 2 ramps into the house or through 3 doorways into the house and the balls could come back to you 10 different ways.

Anyway, If I win the lotto, I am going to pay to have 10 of them created and give them to my closest pinball friends.

Peace!

Jim

#38 6 years ago

Got my glass yesterday, its absolutely awesome!!! Very sweet thank you much for posting this!

1 month later
    #39 6 years ago

Put my glass in a Swap Box. Think it came out well.

image.jpg

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tseamans:

I think that looks great! I would definitely hang that in my game room.

#42 6 years ago

Wow that really turned out nice !

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tseamans:

Do you mind elaborating on how you did that and/or telling me what a "Swap Box" is? I bought one of these and have been wondering ho to put it up on display. That would be perfect!

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from dapperdan24:

Do you mind elaborating on how you did that and/or telling me what a "Swap Box" is? I bought one of these and have been wondering ho to put it up on display. That would be perfect!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swap-box-introducing-a-new-game-roompinball-led-light-box-display

#45 6 years ago

My swap box already shipped. I can't wait to hang this in my game room.

Looks awesome!

1 month later
    #46 6 years ago

I dragged my feet when this thread first started and didn't get a back glass. Do you know if any are still avail?

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from GUMBO:

I dragged my feet when this thread first started and didn't get a back glass. Do you know if any are still avail?

I think he might have one or two more. Email wade wadeotornado@yahoo.com
    I believe he got the last few autographed recently, wade is awesome to work with.

#48 6 years ago

Just got my autographed one, looks great and I'm glad the signature is on the back side of the glass, so it does not cover up the artwork. Super packaging as well. Now to order that swap box for it.

1 year later
    #49 5 years ago

Missed the boat on this cool piece...if anyone would be interested in selling one, please pm me details.

Thanks,

Rody

#50 5 years ago

I want one BAD. Still. BAD!

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside