(Topic ID: 50597)

FS: Diner $1700 (NC) (UPDATE: OFF MARKET)

By The_Director

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Nilroc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_director.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hate to see it go, but going to sell my Diner to make room/fund a Tommy. It's a player's pin, but has a lot of work done to it.

Here's what's been done to the machine:

New pinscore LED installed ($200)
Torn to playfield, shopped, white rubbers, all plastics cleaning individually, all new lights (non-LED)
New Transformer ($240)
All playfield decals scrapped off, inserts wet sanded and polished, new reverse screened decals applied including for large Diner and People decal
Minor touchup on left hand side near drop targets
No broken plastics or ramps except small hairline from one screw on ramp.
remote battery pack installed
All GI connectors repinned with trifurcons
New BR1 in Aux Power Driver Board
New sound ROMs
New sound ribbon cable
CPU had minor acid damage which was neutralized with vinegar and cleaned
new balls
both flippers rebuilt
ramp up/down has new coil/diode/sleeve and bracket
coil sleeves throughout a good deal of solenoids
new red/yellow drop target decals

I'm sure there are other things, this machine has taken a lot of time. Cabinet is what I consider in "average to good" shape for a routed pin. As you can see, there's some dings and bumps and bruises. One side is really nice, the other you can see a little break here and there in the black. Translite is spotless, speaker panel is great, new LED display, clock works 100%, apron is perfect.

Top half of the playfield is still covered with mylar and in great shape. Bottom half either never had mylar on it or had it pulled at some point. I don't think it ever had it on it honestly, as I can't see the line(s). Because of this, the bottom half had taken much more of a beating on route. I re-decaled all the decals and they came out nicely. I did touchup one spot near the red drop targets. There are a few other spots that I was planning to touch up and spot clear, but since I'm now planning to sell, I will leave that up to new owner on how far they want to go with this machine. There's certainly more things that could be done, I'm much more into the mechanics and playability side of fixing a machine than the cosmetic, and because of that, sometimes feel a little weird about going too far with touchups, etc.

All the plastics and ramps are in good shape. jukebox for skillshot works great, no errors at all in gameplay. This game is 100% functional.

Here are photos (emphasis on any and all spots of wear -- a few photos have a weird flare from flash. Also, first 8 or so was before drop target decals applied): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oo67x1t94jsp9nn/dY7thk3cH0

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I know it isn't your fault but they really sell decals that are that bad? I heard they were bad but this is ridiculous... They should be ashamed of themselves... Those are the licensed ones?

Yes...they don't fit at all really. If I was to keep the machine, I was going to touchup around the uncovered parts of the DINER decal which is where the fit is the worst. I saw someone else here who did it and it turned out nicely. But, since I'm selling, there's potential buyers who are probably better touch-up artists than I.

The insert decals were awesome and fit great, but the two big ones are not good at all. It was too late by the time I realized this, and my DINER and People were in bad shape, so this was the best solution. The people isn't really that noticeable, and I think with some touchup the DINER would be a lot less noticeable, but still...I agree, it's not a good product to be on the market fitting like this.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Did you just smack those decals on without taking the old grungy ones off first?

I did...and yes, I know shame on me. They were the last thing I did and I couldn't get the old ones off, so I just stuck the new ones on over it. You can't even tell when playing the game, and it's a player's machine. Those decals are like $5 if it bothers someone bad enough. Thanks for pointing out though...I'm trying to disclose everything as honestly as possible. That's why I tried to get close shots of every little thing, because I know cosmetically there are issues that will bother some people.

#8 10 years ago

Thanks! Actually, seeing this reminds me, I've got two original versions of this flyer that I was going to put into a frame for the front and back that I'll include with the machine

#9 10 years ago

End of work day bump, I'll try to add some video this evening or tomorrow.

#16 10 years ago

After much deliberation, I've decided to pull this from sale. I've been playing it more, and just don't feel I'm ready to let it go. It's not a show piece, but still a ton of fun and you don't see them pop up often.

Thanks for all the kind words, bumps and offers. When the time comes that I feel good about letting it go, I've got a short list that will get dibs.

Anyway, guess I'll be downstairs this evening figuring out how to re-arrange the gameroom to accommodate 8 pins tonight. This hobby is such a sickness...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_director.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-diner-1700-nc?tu=the_director and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.