(Topic ID: 115102)

FS: NEW RoboCop Playfield Plastics (6pc set)

By PeteB

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-6 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-3 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-2 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-5 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-4 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-1 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-3 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-5 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-4 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-2 (resized).jpg
robocop-pinball-plastics-printed-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3111_closeup.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BulkOfTheSeries.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 8 years ago

Just sent a PM your way. Really hoping there is still a set available!

3 weeks later
#27 8 years ago

How do we get together and go-about getting sets made? A group this large should be able to accomplish this.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You need someone to vectorize the artwork. There's actually pretty good scans already to work from - I used them to make a quick centre plastic.
I'd do it but it's hours of work for a game I'm not keeping for long. If this guy would send me the files he already has I could likely follow through on the printing and laser cutting.

How easy is the process? What does it take to get it done?

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You need a vector drawing program like Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape, and you re-create the lines of the original graphics in the vector style so it can be infinitely re-sized and will print at max resolution.

well, yeah I'm not equipped to do that haha

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Curbfeeler:

I've already vectorized 1 of them -- the middle one. The scans are very good that were on dropbox a while back.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/silhouette-cameo-pinball-restorers-club#post-1950832
EDIT: Oh, I forgot I vectorized the slings as well. Duh.

Awesome dude, that rocks. How does a guy go about getting these printed if he has the scans in hand?

1 week later
#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Curbfeeler:

It's two processes. The printing you need to vectorize and take to a professional printer who can print direct ink to substrate. Not as good as screening but very good. That is what this guy did. The blues are somewhat washed out but acceptable. Then the cutting is a different process. Laser cutting is the best and gives the results shown in the pics.

afraid that may be beyond me

10 months later
#44 7 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

Hey guys! Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm in the process of having another batch of plastics made up. I'll have a larger quantity available, but if you could let me know you're interested that would be a big help so I know roughly how many to have made.
Will post an update shortly but the plastics will now come with a new ball lock sticker as well - the down arrow over black and yellow hazard marks.

I will definitely take a set, maybe two depending on the cost.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BulkOfTheSeries.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-data-east-robocop-playfield-plastics-6pc-sets?tu=BulkOfTheSeries and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.