You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN1562.JPG
DSCN1567.JPG
DSCN1564.JPG
#1 10 years ago

In decent shape. Not collectors quality, but not total junk either. 6.5/10 cosmetically overall, maybe a 7. Plays well after 40+ hrs work.

Has 100 new LEDs installed in playfield, new xPin dispalys, cleaned, waxed, and some crude playfield touch-ups.

Lane guides were replaced with rubbers, All of the plastics minus 1 are original, one was cracked in half and glued, another is chipped. They are yellowed. I made a rough one for the missing plastic. Ion ramp is chewed up, but functional, and I've done what I can to repair it without dropping $50 on a replacement.

Board work was done by myself (12 yrs exp). Blanking circuit repaired, new battery holder, new capacitors (including large filter caps) everywhere, all new fuses, re-flowed solder on ALL boards, replaced some sand resistors, some TIP102s replaced, some 2n3906's replaced, new rubbers, complete flipper rebuild & new flipper coils w/ caps installed, new flipper cabinet buttons. Original legs and lock-bar were spray painted orange Krylon. Pictures are in the market area.

#2 10 years ago

Bump

#3 10 years ago

Best lightshow on a Data East..put the LED flashers in it and prepare to return to base.

#4 10 years ago

This one still has standard flasher bulbs, but LEDs everywhere else on the playfield. And agreed, light show on it is pretty sick.

#5 10 years ago

Pics

DSCN1564.JPGDSCN1564.JPG DSCN1567.JPGDSCN1567.JPG
#6 10 years ago

More pics and dropping the price down to $850 (which is probably more than I have into it now...).

DSCN1562.JPGDSCN1562.JPG
#7 10 years ago

Bump - Need to sell this sooner than later now, getting a JP machine today. Feel free to make some offers.

#8 10 years ago

Wish I were closer. Just don't have the time for a road trip now. Would be great to have for my first party next weekend.

#9 10 years ago

I picked up a JP also a few weeks ago. Great game.

#10 10 years ago

bump - $850.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11 10 years ago

Laser War is a very fun pin and one of my favorite light shows. Good deal for somebody.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Bump - Need to sell this sooner than later now, getting a JP machine today. Feel free to make some offers.

Location??? Doh - read the title

#13 10 years ago

I may just find out a way to keep it if I can't sell it within a month or so. It is a really fun game, I just wanted to reclaim a little space in the basement.

#14 10 years ago

Central NJ - Right in the title.

#15 10 years ago

I gotta take some more pics with the glass off. The ones I have suck, definitely not helping me.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Central NJ - Right in the title.

Ok then - if only you were closer - GLWS

#17 10 years ago

Mid-morning Bump

Insane light show and I love the music/sound fx.

Tricked out Laser War:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K5XjGzhakMQ

See the tricked out Laser War completely freak out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K5XjGzhakMQ#t=247

Catchy damn music, complete with 80s cheese:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K5XjGzhakMQ#t=635

#18 10 years ago

I don't know about you guys, but LASER WAR is one of Data East's best pinball machines E V E R!!!!!! The sounds & lights on this game are perfect, and I love how the machine goes nuts when you win a jackpot! This is one of those "one of a kind" pinball machines that is very unique to me. I love it, and hope to have one of my own one day.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from vpmaster2004:

I don't know about you guys, but Laser War is one of Data East's best pinball machines E V E R!!!!!! The sounds & lights on this game are perfect, and I love how the machine goes nuts when you win a jackpot! This is one of those "one of a kind" pinball machines that is very unique to me. I love it, and hope to have one of my own one day.

I agree, it is one of their best. This game would be A LOT more popular if it weren't for the backglass.

1 week later
#20 10 years ago

I have now a total remake of cabinet art for the data east laser war printed on UV protected film so it never will fade.
This project has taken 8 month and now ready for all that have laser war and the complete cabinet artwork set.
Let me know I have 12 sets ready

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-data-east-laser-war-900-in-central-nj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.