(Topic ID: 91877)

FS: Cyclone with real backglass - (No longer for sale)

By mrofnoc

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mrofnoc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20140523_071620_032.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Just finished doing a lot of work to this beautiful Cyclone. I've owned it for about 9 years. Real Backglass!
Please check out: www.mrofnoc.com/cyclone.htm
for over 40 pics w/ explanation of everything that was just done.

Dan

$2500 Firm

IMG_20140523_071620_032.jpg

#2 6 years ago

All work done to this pin started about 4 months ago. I was waiting for the new Ferris wheel ramp to be made to finish it. So I put in the original Ferris ramp, dialed everything in, and put her for sale.
My loss is your gain!

Dan

#3 6 years ago

Bump

#4 6 years ago

Wow that is a beautiful Cyclone! I've never seen an original Cyclone playfield with that little wear on it. Nice job fixing it up and good luck with the sale.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks! Wasn't planning on selling it and in no hurry doing the work since I was waiting for ramps to be made, so I really took my time. I'm going to miss this more than the TZ I'm going to have up for sale here in about an hour or so

1 week later
#6 6 years ago

I have a cyclone and i've always wondered about a real back glass.
Was there many of them made? Rare?
I think the translite on my looks a little cheap.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

I have a cyclone and i've always wondered about a real back glass.
Was there many of them made? Rare?
I think the translite on my looks a little cheap.

I remember seeing Mayfair selling (what I thought were) repro backglasses at Allentown years back. Now I'm wondering if they were repro or NOS. Most every Cyclone I've seen including mine has a translite, but I'd love to upgrade at some point. Would be a good candidate for CPR mirroring... Sure looks good.

#8 6 years ago

I sold an original Cyclone BG many years ago (2003) on ebay. I am certain it was original due to it's condition.

#9 6 years ago

I still have the translite, but the BG blows it away. The colors are so much darker and don't look kinda washed out like the TL. It would be hard to explain the different look in the colors in the Mystery Wheel, Jack Pot tower, and other areas, sort of a textured look.
As far as I know they are rare. I've seen a few NOS BG's sell over the past 10 years, all for 250 bucks, except mine

#10 6 years ago

The one I sold was nice and IIRC it got $180 plus shipping.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

The one I sold was nice and IIRC it got $180 plus shipping.

Nice, actually got mine for 150 IIRC from Gene at PPE4.

#12 6 years ago

why no longer for sale?

#13 6 years ago

Can't make up my mind. I really love it and still have a NOS PF to put in it. Almost hard to imagine how sweet this thing would be w/ a CC'd NOS PF. On the other hand I'm trying to downsize everything and a little extra cash wouldn't hurt either. What to do, what to do?

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside