Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Shadow
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Selling because I've relocated to Hong Kong. Games are located in Mt. Prospect, IL. If interested, please email me privately for pics. Local sale only please as I would like buyer to see games in person and don't want to deal with packing/shipping.

CV - $6,750. Very nice condition pf and cabinet. Fully working. There's a small chip in paint near boom balloon. Otherwise, all good. I have many extra plastics including nice slings and original key fob.

WCS - $2,300. Beautiful game, new soccer ball and plastics, cliffy protectors, replated ramps, many LEDs. Nice cab. I know it's a cliche but....nicest WCS I've seen. Extra goalie decals.

Diner - $2,200. Diamond Plate version with clear coated pf and yellow wire form ramps. Pf is in great shape. Very nice cab with some minor touch up work. Original drop targets show wear. Really nice, dialed in Diner.

These are all very nice games and years from now, I'm sure I will regret parting with them, but....life moves on.

Thanks for looking.

Steve

#2 11 years ago

Someone is going to be happy with that Diner! DP versions don't come up for sale very often!

Good luck with the sales!

#3 11 years ago

any chance you'd part with your TOM? I know someone that's looking for one

#5 11 years ago

PM sent.

#6 11 years ago

Pm sent as well. I'm always late to the party.

Chris

#7 11 years ago

Links to pics of the CV?

#8 11 years ago

MUST.......look........away.......must.......resist..........can't.........pm.........no.......i....shall......not

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Shadow:

Selling because I've relocated to Hong Kong

Wow, that is pretty cool....whenever I watch House Hunters International, I am jealous of people moving to other countries....I see it as a great life experience. Hopefully you are bringing at least one game over there.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

MUST.......look........away.......must.......resist..........can't.........pm.........no.......i....shall......not

You should be saying......"at least he didn't post this six times like I do to my posts"

#12 11 years ago

GLWS

Don

#13 11 years ago

a

Quoted from asapdon:Just FYI, I have looked at and briefly played all three.
Don

At least you got a quick response from the seller. I havent heard anything yet, and I was first to pm!

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from asapdon:

Just FYI, I have looked at and briefly played all three. I walked away from the Diner. Items of note include: Wear to playfield at top of the large DINER letters on playfield. Cracks around the screw mount on the coffee cup. 1 broken and 1 glued in flasher dome cover including getting glue on surrounding ramp plastics. 1 broken plastic @ the shooter ramp. Minor wear to front panel finish around the start button. White paint/decal on head displays numerous cracks. The playfield glass is scratched in two places. Finish worn thru on the yellow wire guide. Machine did play correctly and backglass looked nice. I wasted several hours and fuel on the 3 hour one way drive looking at this thing. Also the person that showed it was not able to negotiate the price down even $200 to cover the undisclosed problems/damage. The WCS looked and played, real nice although I did not check it as if I was thinking about buying it. Wasted, time and trip. All I wanted was an honest transaction. GLWS
Don

This guy is practically down the street from me, and from experience I still know not to even check the games out without seeing pics. I was talking to my buddy about them and I said to him "they are probably turds anyway". Guess I was right, sorry for your wasted trip and thanks for posting the truth.

#15 11 years ago

He said it was a DP play field that was clear coated. It sounds like it wasn't cleared, but I think he means it was just DP if it has wear.

Quoted from asapdon:

Wear to playfield at top of the large DINER letters on playfield.

#16 11 years ago

GLWS

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from asapdon:

Just FYI, I have looked at and briefly played all three. I walked away from the Diner. Items of note include: Wear to playfield at top of the large DINER letters on playfield. Cracks around the screw mount on the coffee cup. 1 broken and 1 glued in flasher dome cover including getting glue on surrounding ramp plastics. 1 broken plastic @ the shooter ramp. Minor wear to front panel finish around the start button. White paint/decal on head displays numerous cracks. The playfield glass is scratched in two places. Finish worn thru on the yellow wire guide. Machine did play correctly and backglass looked nice. I wasted several hours and fuel on the 3 hour one way drive looking at this thing. Also the person that showed it was not able to negotiate the price down even $200 to cover the undisclosed problems/damage. The WCS looked and played, real nice although I did not check it as if I was thinking about buying it. Wasted, time and trip. All I wanted was an honest transaction. GLWS
Don

Or are you just trying to draw us off the scent of some new pins.

Looks like its back to the drawing board.

chris

#18 11 years ago

GLWS

#19 11 years ago

GLWS

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from asapdon:

Just FYI, I have looked at and briefly played all three. I walked away from the Diner.
Don

i own a prototype diner which i consider really nice, and it displays most of the characteristics you described.

i mean seriously dude.. cracked plastic around the screwhole? scratches on the glass? cracked plastic? yellow wireform worn through? insert cracking? you've never heard of these things on a used game before?... it's a prototype of a 22 yo machine. guess what, it got played a lot before you drove 3 hrs to look at it!

and you admitted that it played "correctly", but you proceeded to piss all over the guy's FS ad anyway just cuz it didn't meet your expectations, and you couldn't squeeze a $200 savings out of a super rare game. so whack!

you're far too new on this forum to go making yourself seem like a spoiled perfectionist with a vindictive side.

p.s. we all walk away from games and don't cry about it, and all of the parts you referred to, other than the pf, are replaceable.

#21 11 years ago

I have received multiple inquiries on all three pins and will respond via email with links to pics tomorrow HK time.

@asapdon: I won't respond point by point to your post but I will let all know that pictures had been provided ahead of time and that I had spent considerable time detailing some minor cosmetic issues with the game. I disagree with the characterizations and will allow the pics to speak for themselves to the prospective buyers. The person who showed the game was my son. He acted appropriately and courteously in dealing with your visit. I'm sorry that a deal was not struck and that you expended time as did I and my son.

I have received 10 separate inquiries on the Diner.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i own a prototype diner which i consider really nice, and it displays most of the characteristics you described.
i mean seriously dude.. cracked plastic around the screwhole? scratches on the glass? cracked plastic? yellow wireform worn through? insert cracking? you've never heard of these things on a used game before?... it's a prototype of a 22 yo machine. guess what, it got played a lot before you drove 3 hrs to look at it!
and you admitted that it played "correctly", but you proceeded to piss all over the guy's FS ad anyway just cuz it didn't meet your expectations, and you couldn't squeeze a $200 savings out of a super rare game. so whack!
you're far too new on this forum to go making yourself seem like a spoiled perfectionist with a vindictive side.
p.s. we all walk away from games and don't cry about it, and all of the parts you referred to, other than the pf, are replaceable.

Thank you.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Neo -- you should always own a CV. Didn't you sell yours?

#24 11 years ago

If this is my old WCS which I'm pretty sure it is, it's a really nice game and the new owner won't be disappointed!

Steve, I had no idea you moved to Hong Kong! Hope you are enjoying your new surroundings. i think last I chatted with you your son was just starting school here in Madison.

-Mike

#25 11 years ago

PM sent.

#26 11 years ago

This is exactly right. He's not posting a collector quality restored Diner. For the condition of the game, which is very nice by the way, the price is below what he should get in my opinion. You couldn't get a $200 discount out of his son, so you're upset about minor cosmetic issues on a 20+ year old game. Move on and send HEP a routed Diner to restore and pay the appropriate price for a collector quality game.

And for anyone interested, these games do play very well, as they should, because they were maintained by me. Aside from some minor cosmetic issues which I don't do, and as described, the buyers will be very happy with these games

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
314-766-4587

Quoted from bigehrl:

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from asapdon:

Just FYI, I have looked at and briefly played all three. I walked away from the Diner. Items of note include: Wear to playfield at top of the large DINER letters on playfield. Cracks around the screw mount on the coffee cup. 1 broken and 1 glued in flasher dome cover including getting glue on surrounding ramp plastics. 1 broken plastic @ the shooter ramp. Minor wear to front panel finish around the start button. White paint/decal on head displays numerous cracks. The playfield glass is scratched in two places. Finish worn thru on the yellow wire guide. Machine did play correctly and backglass looked nice. I wasted several hours and fuel on the 3 hour one way drive looking at this thing. Also the person that showed it was not able to negotiate the price down even $200 to cover the undisclosed problems/damage. The WCS looked and played, real nice although I did not check it as if I was thinking about buying it. Wasted, time and trip. All I wanted was an honest transaction.

Your expectations appear to be a bit out of whack; you seem to be under the misconception that these are Chris Hutchins restored games. They are not. they are very nice condition original games, and that's how they're being represented.

Just because your opinion differs from someone else's does not make them dishonest. Based on the above, you sound like a rolling nightmare to deal with and I'd stay far away from you as a seller.

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I was talking to my buddy about them and I said to him "they are probably turds anyway".

I find this statement impossible to be true.

#28 11 years ago

So your saying there's a chance.

Chris

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If this is my old WCS which I'm pretty sure it is, it's a really nice game and the new owner won't be disappointed!
Steve, I had no idea you moved to Hong Kong! Hope you are enjoying your new surroundings. i think last I chatted with you your son was just starting school here in Madison.
-Mike

It is indeed, Mike. And you did a beautiful job restoring this game. It sparkles. And the boy is in his sophomore year at UW. Visit him later this summer -- he'll have my lotr at his apartment! Good to hear from you -- come visit HK! - Steve

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Shadow:

Neo -- you should always own a CV. Didn't you sell yours?

Yes I did, and that's why I shouldn't even be in this thread.

#31 11 years ago

Bump for the Hong Kong OP.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Shadow:

It is indeed, Mike. And you did a beautiful job restoring this game. It sparkles. And the boy is in his sophomore year at UW. Visit him later this summer -- he'll have my lotr at his apartment! Good to hear from you -- come visit HK! - Steve

Just bring the WCS back to Madison. I'll buy it if you can help me out on the price a little

then Mike can play it again...

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I'll buy it if you can help me out on the price a little

then whysnow has too many pins and needs to make room and I get his cleaned up shopped Creech. Look how many people are happy then!

#34 11 years ago

lol, keep dreamin buddy

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

This guy is practically down the street from me,

He literally is down the street from me. Bedroom community. GLWS

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

any chance you'd part with your TOM? I know someone that's looking for one

Sorry. This has already sold to another Pinsider.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

He literally is down the street from me. Bedroom community. GLWS

I know -- we exchanged emails a few times but never ended up connecting to play. Same with Gweem. Then, whoosh, off to HK. Hopefully I can get my pin fix over by you when home as most of mine will other places soon. Best, Steve

#38 11 years ago

Steve - Drop me a line when you come back into town. Welcome to come over and get your pinball fix. Best of luck in HK.

#39 11 years ago

There are deals pending at various stages on all three games. If these don't come together, I will reach out to the "next" person who contacted me. Thanks for all the interest and cool to hear from some "old" pin friends.

One person asked if I brought games to Hong Kong. I did as my company just pays for one container -- put what you will into it. For various reasons, IJ and POTC made the trip here. They're quite a novelty here and every delivery person or contractor who comes to the apartment goes crazy for them. Also, very popular with my daughter's friends.

#40 11 years ago

I am so jealous your in HK. One of the best cities in the world. If your a single guy, even better.

#41 11 years ago

It is a fantastic city! I would agree with your point on being single here but I am happily engaged and can't even admit to ever having had that thought (but, shhhh, I have!).

1 week later
#42 11 years ago

Diner and CV sold. WCS still available.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from Shadow:

Iv emailed you bout WCS a couple days ago, still waiting to hear back.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Iv emailed you bout WCS a couple days ago, still waiting to hear back.

Just sent you a note before I posted. Have been traveling for business all week and just now catching up on personal email. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Steve

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Shadow:

I looked it over quickly when I was there and the WCS looked pretty nice. The playfield looked nice.

chris

#46 11 years ago

Deal pending with deposit on WCS.

I want to thank all the buyers for making the transactions easy for me given my distance from the States. Really appreciate it.

Also, selling the games was a great reminder of what a great hobby this is -- nice people who just love pinball. Two of my recent sales were to first time pin owners so that's extra fun to see how excited they are.

Anyone find themselves in Hong Kong, please drop me a line.

Thanks,

Steve

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-cv-wcs-and-diner-in-nw-suburbs-of-chicago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.