Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

troll.jpg

#1 9 years ago

I have a customer that has a Hobbit spot he is looking to get out of and I'm trying to help him out - the game was sold to him at $ 7,500 when that was the price and instead of taking it in and reselling at the current $ 8,000 price I am offering it up for sale at what he paid - that's all he wants and I don't have to make more on it - it was sold at that price originally so everyone wins. New buyer saves $ 500 and also gets to be in the front of the line not the end as my allotment of Hobbits are all early orders made before the game was even announced so most will be toward the front of the line. .

He is currently paid in $ 6,500 and he would need to be paid that amount by the new buyer with the balance due to us.

Please email me if interested. I don't expect this to last too long... TY

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042
[email protected]

#2 9 years ago

LE or standard?

#3 9 years ago

I don't think there's a such thing as a Hobbit Standard? At least it hasn't been announced yet.

#4 9 years ago

When are these being released?

#5 9 years ago

THLE will likely be 'released' around the movie in Dec 2014. But shipping? Late 2015 to 2016 I'm guessing (and I have an LE on pre-order)

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

When are these being released?

you ask this question alot.

or... am i mistaking you for someone else.?

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

THLE will likely be 'released' around the movie in Dec 2014. But shipping? Late 2015 to 2016 I'm guessing (and I have an LE on pre-order)

Why late 2015 to 2016? Do they have to build another factory to start making Hobbits?

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Why late 2015 to 2016? Do they have to build another factory to start making Hobbits?

I tell you what, If there ain't a warehouse full of hobbits ready to ship on movie release date there is gonna be some 'splain'n to be done.

Unless the JJP contract with the hobbit says something about not building them until movie release, there is no 'acceptable' reason these aren't being produced and getting ready for shipment.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

I tell you what, If there ain't a warehouse full of hobbits ready to ship on movie release date there is gonna be some 'splain'n to be done.

Unless the JJP contract with the hobbit says something about not building them until movie release, there is no 'acceptable' reason these aren't being produced and getting ready for shipment.

LMAO - Really?
Jack won't explain a thing... quote some lame attempt at his vendors not shipping on time or something. Or he doesn't have coin mechs... or something.

Regardless; to the brave sole who collects on this deal... Good luck with sale.

#10 9 years ago

I'd guess it is already done. At whatever point the game does get sold or released, this is $500 dollars cheaper, and quicker than the other options. Anybody who has a deposit for a game at $8000 and further down the list would be insane not to jump at this.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Dude that's absolutely hysterical. You should have more than 2 thumbs up right now.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

you ask this question alot.
or... am i mistaking you for someone else.?

I think it's a legitimate question. I bet when you bought your IMVE you had a good idea of when it would be delivered.
I still have not heard a date of when these will ship. I have played that game before and don't like it.
If I ask which quarter they will ship will that help?

Look.....I'm not trying to start any crap. Would I like a Hobbit?......probably would but I want a date when I throw my money on the table for one.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I think it's a legitimate question. I bet when you bought your IMVE you had a good idea of when it would be delivered.
I still have not heard a date of when these will ship. I have played that game before and don't like it.
If I ask which quarter they will ship will that help?
Look.....I'm not trying to start any crap. Would I like a Hobbit?......probably would but I want a date when I throw my money on the table for one.

Definitely Q1. Of this century.

#14 9 years ago

Hobbits should ship early to mid 2015.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Hobbits should ship early to mid 2015.

I thought the game was suppose to be released with the movie? I was assuming this December.

#16 9 years ago

If on time, likely? I dunno.

December starts production. Shipping in December? Don't think so, but I could be mistaken.

Hey, jack has got the factory and trained staff now, if he's loading up on parts, then he may blow through these 1500 quickly.

I'm in for TWD and Jaws coming next year, so space is a factor for me.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Hey, jack has got the factory and trained staff now, if he's loading up on parts, then he may blow through these 1500 quickly.

Where's your evidence? Sounds suspiciously like hopeful positive karma to prop up a poor manufacturer.
Jack has yet to show capability of shipping more than 10 pins per week. Not sure how you can even THINK 1500 would be quick.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Where's your evidence? Sounds suspiciously like hopeful positive karma to prop up a poor manufacturer.
Jack has yet to show capability of shipping more than 10 pins per week. Not sure how you can even THINK 1500 would be quick.

Couldn't you just wait until they actually don't build/ship 1500 "quick" till you give them crap about it?

What's wrong with being positive? if you're worried, stay away. Too simple.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Couldn't you just wait until they actually don't build/ship 1500 "quick" till you give them crap about it?
What's wrong with being positive? if you're worried, stay away. Too simple.

No, I can't wait. It's actually fairly concerning how easy you guys make it for Jack.
They actually haven't built/shipped the WOZs that were ordered... and keep stacking on more Limited editions to line their preorder/funding pipeline; and you want to keep sending them positive karma for making the attempt. Seems silly to me.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I thought the game was suppose to be released with the movie? I was assuming this December.

People keep saying that, but I've seen zero actual evidence for it. Just everyone repeating the same rumor about some contractual obligation to do so. Does anyone have the actual source for that?

#21 9 years ago

(Edit: forgot to hit quote on Zitt's post)
It's just pinball and money dude. Games. Chillax.

I waited over two and a half years for my WOZLE and you sound WAY more aggravated then I ever was.

Sending JJP some positive karma and some $ for a Hobbit. I hope it makes it easier for them.

GO JACK!

Oh, and GLWTS!

#22 9 years ago

I would assume that the first preorders will go out in December, but it will take almost a year to make all the rest of the 1500 preorders because they'll be making standards at the same time again I'm assuming. Quickest way to get a game will be not to preorder and to just buy a standard, if you preorder now you're probably looking at late 2015/early 2016 for delivery like the guy mentioned above.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

People keep saying that, but I've seen zero actual evidence for it. Just everyone repeating the same rumor about some contractual obligation to do so. Does anyone have the actual source for that?

I've never seen any evidence of that myself. The only thing I've seen saying that production should start in december is from Alex's post 3 weeks ago in The Hobbit update thread. But it's fairly vague and "on schedule to begin production toward the end of 2014" could eventually end up meaning any number of things.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

The Hobbit progress is coming along nicely. We are on schedule to begin production toward the end of 2014. See below for some toys Matt Riesterer created. We will have another update in a couple of weeks.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Evidence? The burden if proof is on the accuser, right? C'mon man, first off Alex has stated multiple times along with Jack that dec was ramping up to begin production, so yeah, if JJP says so, I'll take it as a statement until he doesn't. He often doesn't meet deadlines, so you may be correct, but until then Stern, Skitb, JJP all get a pass on missed timelines. Crappity crap crap happens. I have ECLE WOZ and it's a work of art. I also have many nib sterns and a PRED preorder. Patience is a virtue in pinball.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No contractual obligation I can find unless Jack said it at a show during a talk.

Here is an excerpt first preorder letter:

"With that, we are now accepting pre-orders for the Limited Edition version. The Hobbit Pinball Machine will be released in a timeframe consistent with the third Hobbit movie in mid 2014 as the game will embody all three movies. The first Hobbit movie release date is December 14, 2012, the date of our Open House. All of what we do on this game, as was the case with Wizard of Oz Pinball, will be based on approval of our licensor."

"As a buyer of ECLEWOZ you now have the opportunity to reserve your same game number(s) as you have now for The Hobbit LE Pinball which will have 1,000 Limited Edition games as before but we added 500 game due to increased demand (game numbers 1001-1500). The price for The Hobbit Limited Edition Pinball is $7,500 on a Pre-Order basis and we have a payment plan that spans until mid 2014 as the game ships. We need to start this now to ride the wave of publicity for the first Hobbit movie which opens in a few weeks on December 14th and in order to give everyone enough time with the payment plan."

"Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. proudly announces that we have licensed all three Hobbit Properties from Warner Brothers for our pinball machine which will embody all three movies. The game will ship as the third movie hits theaters in July 2014."

This was before the 3rd Hobbit movie's date was changed from summer release to December.

Assuming all is ready, it looks like JJP was intending to release the game as the third movie "hits" theaters.

Hence, why I was wondering when the game would be released since December is now only a few months away.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I think it's a legitimate question.

I agree 100%. I can tell you are somewhat upset, possibly with me, so i apologize for that. That being said, would you believe the answer if they told you it was coming soon? I don't hold any hopes of JJP meeting any deadlines, self imposed /contractual or otherwise. In fact, I am really pumped about the P-law game but I won't preorder, even if i see and play the game because i have doubts about when i'll get my game.

Quoted from TomGWI:

I bet when you bought your IMVE you had a good idea of when it would be delivered.

I did! That's the only reason i went and pulled the trigger. I trust stern to get me a product and promptly. I don't feel that way about some of the others. I guess i have trust issues.

#27 9 years ago

Bump for the poor bastard trying to sell a machine in this thread...

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Bump for the poor bastard trying to sell a machine in this thread...

All free bumps Ted. Glwts seller.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I agree 100%. I can tell you are somewhat upset, possibly with me, so i apologize for that. That being said, would you believe the answer if they told you it was coming soon? I don't hold any hopes of JJP meeting any deadlines, self imposed /contractual or otherwise. In fact, I am really pumped about the P-law game but I won't preorder, even if i see and play the game because i have doubts about when i'll get my game.

I did! That's the only reason i went and pulled the trigger. I trust stern to get me a product and promptly. I don't feel that way about some of the others. I guess i have trust issues.

Not upset at all Dave. Just wanted to get some facts about the release date.

Hope Joe gets the game sold for his customer. I don't know him personally but he seems like good people.

#30 9 years ago

Hi guys -

Let me add that who knows what can occur - with any manufacturer - they all try thier best and all have issues (Stern - code, JJP - pre-order and delivery, PPS - they are trying to get started, all the boutique companies - except Spooky - every single one is years in development)... Why don't we all just agree that we're pretty damn lucky to still have every one of these companies (ones I represent and ones I don't included) making great games for us to enjoy. We could have nothing. So what if you have to wait a few months for decent code - it's like a 2nd Christmas present. So what if we have to wait quite a while for a ground breaking top quality JJP game ? So what if some cool
boutique games with new features and cool inventions that the big boys would never do take years to get done ? We are still in a heyday of options right now. Shows are doing great, competitive pinball is doing great, there are more new people getting into the hobby buying their first games, etc... good stuff.

As far as Hobbit and when it's coming - All indications I personally have (and I ask often) is that the game is on target and priority #1 at JJP has been for quite a while for Hobbit to see the light of day end of this year. Will it take a while to get through 1500 LE's sure... But please temper your suspicions with the fact a factory is now in place, employees on the line are now in place, there are teams of engineers and designers and programmers in place not starting at square 1 like they did with WOZ, and vendors are in place who are reliable. WOZ was a learning curve. We hope that the Hobbit is alot smoother process and any logical person would see that.

For what it's worth I ordered a large allotment of Hobbits before the game was even announced so any games I sell including this one for my customer at his lower than today cost would be an earlier production.

Keep plugging everyone - keep it sane ! : )

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
Distributor for Jersey Jack Pinball, Planetary Pinball, Spooky Pinball, Virtuapin
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Evidence? The burden if proof is on the accuser, right? C'mon man, first off Alex has stated multiple times along with Jack that dec was ramping up to begin production, so yeah, if JJP says so, I'll take it as a statement until he doesn't. He often doesn't meet deadlines, so you may be correct, but until then Stern, Skitb, JJP all get a pass on missed timelines. Crappity crap crap happens. I have ECLE WOZ and it's a work of art. I also have many nib sterns and a PRED preorder. Patience is a virtue in pinball.

Meh. In my book; the burden of proof is on JJP ... that they actually are capable of manufacturing a product in a timely manner. There's already one strike against them. Hobbit will be the second strike.

#33 9 years ago

Bump for seller....

troll.jpgtroll.jpg

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Meh. In my book; the burden of proof is on JJP ... that they actually are capable of manufacturing a product in a timely manner. There's already one strike against them. Hobbit will be the second strike.

No argument there.

But just trying to remain upbeat. Too easy to let our minds run wild with nastiness. I prefer the positive uphill battles myself.

1 week later
#37 9 years ago

Hobbit at $ 7,500 has been SOLD... I may get others coming up - if interested let me know and I will put you on a short list.

Email : Sales@ PinballSTAR.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-customer-hobbit-spot-at-7500-available and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.