Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Heretic_9
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Heretic_9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I always prefer to see/play a machine before buying it. That being said, you sometimes don't have a choice, particularly with rarer titles. I've had three games shipped to me (I500, Airborne and coincidentally, SC). In all three instances, I was very happy with the transaction. You just have to make sure you ask a lot of questions and see a lot of pictures. You also need to make sure you're dealing with someone who is reputable. I would never recommend buying a game from some random person on eBay. You have to proceed with extreme caution when you are dealing with such a large transaction. There are just too many unscrupulous sellers out there.

What you said makes a lot of sense, and -- as you said -- with less common titles there often is not much choice. When the venue is eBay, lots of solid feedback over a period of many years helps (hopefully less chance of it being faked), plus there may be the eBay Buyer Protection in effect. (Anyone have first-hand experience with resort to that, and how did this go ?) Scope out the seller as best you can. Adequate shipping insurance is a small part of the freight charge.

Even if the table is in VG shape, and the seller is entirely reputable, the prices seen these days on eBay are often just plain crazy -- so far over book value that you'll probably never come close to recouping your purchase cost, if / when you decide to sell it later on. I think I'd rather take my chances with a good collector than with most dealers, who seem to account for the majority of the tables with those stratospheric prices.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 37.50
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Heretic_9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-cq-safecracker-with-clear-coated-playfield-central-nj?tu=Heretic_9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.