(Topic ID: 89364)

SOLD: CQ Bobby Orr POWER PLAY 1977 Pinball Machine - PINBALL PIMP RESTORATION!!!

By PinballPimp

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

puck2.jpg
puck1.jpg
POWER PLAY plastics 2.jpg
POWER PLAY plastics 3.jpg
POWER PLAY plastics 1.jpg
Bally Bobby Orr POWER PLAY 49.jpg
Bally Bobby Orr POWER PLAY 48.JPG
Bally Bobby Orr POWER PLAY 57.JPG
Bally Bobby Orr POWER PLAY 56.JPG
Bally Bobby Orr POWER PLAY 55.JPG
Bally Bobby Orr POWER PLAY 54.JPG
Bally Bobby Orr POWER PLAY 53.JPG
Bally Bobby Orr POWER PLAY 50.JPG
Bally Bobby Orr POWER PLAY 47.JPG
Bally Bobby Orr POWER PLAY 60.JPG
Bally Bobby Orr POWER PLAY 28.JPG
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

Machine is still FOR SALE. PRICE DROP!!!
$4995

#52 9 years ago

Bump for the greatest hockey player of all time and the nicest looking power play you will ever see.

#53 9 years ago

That is an amazing machine. Wow. I have great memories of playing this pin as a kid and Bobby Orr was my favourite player. Wish I could justify the cost of this one.

GLWS.

#54 9 years ago

This was my 1st fave machine when it was new. I was 12 in 78. Got one in 98 and got her going again. But this machine is awesome. It is museum quality. Wished I could get it. Go Hawks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from kjm8888:

I gotta say, when I first saw the price I damn near spit my diet Pepsi all over my monitor! But after looking at all of the pics, I'd say it's worth every penny and then some! That's truly a work of art. I don't know that I'd let anyone play it if it was mine. I don't think I'd even put it in my gameroom as it would make the rest of my pins look bad! It would have to get a room of it's own. Amazing work!

+2

nice work GLWS

1 week later
#56 9 years ago

Bump for the seller!!! Great looking machine.... few more wins by the Blackhawks ill sell the game!!!

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

That is an amazing machine. Wow. I have great memories of playing this pin as a kid and Bobby Orr was my favourite player. Wish I could justify the cost of this one.
GLWS.

Yup, he was my favorite player as a kid too--and he was a Bruin! The Chicago theme is the only reason why I haven't jumped on this. If a BOPP were modestly re-themed as a Bruins game, I'd be all over it. (hint, hint)

#58 9 years ago

As of now, POWER PLAY has been SOLD to the same guy in Indiana that I am doing the Gottlieb Spirit of 76 restoration for! Thanks for all the nice comments guys. Next up is a 78 PLAYBOY! It will basically look just like this machine, only hot chicks instead of hockey players. If anyone is pre-interested, LMK. Jeff

Gottlieb "SPIRIT of 76" - CABINET RESTORE PICS
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-spirit-of-76-cabinet-restore-pics

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballPimp:

As of now, POWER PLAY has been SOLD

Good to read that Jeff as, IMO, that is a great Bally game and the work you did looked phenomenal. If you would post pics of the restoration process for the Playboy!

#60 9 years ago

If you did another BOPP with Bruins motif, I would be "pre-interested"! Nice work!!

#61 9 years ago

Congrats Pimp.

#62 9 years ago

Congrats on the sale! Can't wait to see the Playboy!

#63 9 years ago

Well done Jeff on the sale. Spectacular looking game, and a great theme. Pity PP was not done in Bruins fashion, maybe when Orr came to Chicago it was something Bally wanted to capitalize on.

Had a quick look also at the So76 thread, very very nice looking so far. Yup, all with you there, 1970's was a great decade for pins!

#64 9 years ago

Congrats to the guy who scooped this machine. What a phenomenal restore.

Robert Gordon Orr himself should see this thing. Aside from the Blackhawk's theme, I know he'd smile from ear to ear.

3 weeks later
#65 9 years ago

I just got my Power Play back (after loaning it to a friend for over a year). Wow, I missed it. Now it sits beside by ACDC BIB and I just go back and forth, playing one and then the other. And its a surprising fast game, especially since I just waxed the playfield.

I really considered jumping on this one as mine is in nice shape for a 37 year old machine but not nearly anything close to this beauty.

Gorgeous

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 179.00
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-cq-bobby-orr-power-play-1977-pinball-machine-pinball-pimp-restoration/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.