(Topic ID: 43913)

FS: CPR Centaur playfield and plastic set - $1100

By Jazman

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jazman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Well, I've given up on the idea of picking up a restorable machine and decided to sell this.

Priority and free delivery to MGC this weekend. Will entertain other offers after the 24th.

cartracin at yahoo dot com

Jaz

#6 11 years ago

bump

2 months later
#50 10 years ago

Wow - holy crap. I've been so busy that I never kept up with this thread until it just popped to the top... I see I missed a bunch...

I had refrained from responding to Stu since I didn't feel like getting into a pointless debate. I truly appreciate and respect the work he does and he really hurts himself (and CPR) by what he spews here (and elsewhere). But, since apparently he is the price police and only his opinion counts...

1. I bought this playfield and plastic set with every intention of using it. Well, I've not managed to locate a restoration candidate and now have multiple projects lined up waiting for attention/time I don't have.

2. CPR creates this secondary market by the way they choose to do business. They make a very limited quantity of their playfields as their business model needs to sell every one. I've seen Kevin's and Stu's explanation of why based on margins and that's fine... it's their deal. What that means is some people get them and some don't. To be clear, I'm not criticizing their business model. It's their business and then can run it as they see fit. But don't b**ch about a market you created by your choices. Supply and demand is going to happen. By making just the "right" amount, you, by design, create a shortage. People will come into games after you have sold out. In addition, they may be far enough down the last and not get one. They have no choice but to go out there and, in effect, create demand. If you don't want this to happen, you need to keep inventory/stock available. This is why you don't see this effect with other reproduction parts that are kept stocked.

3. The price I listed is what the going price seems to be. I would be an idiot to list it for sale for anything less. Do you want to sell me a Medieval Madness? Well you better not charge me more than $6000 then. I mean you only paid $5000 new-in-the-box when you bought it. I mean, heaven forbid, 20% profit is MORE than fair you "price gouger"...

4. "Price gouging" - How is it price gouging when that is what the market dictates? Going back to my Medieval Madness example (or Attack from Mars... Cactus Canyon... etc. etc etc) - is that price gouging. For the record, price gouging is a term that can only be applied to essential items (ie: water, food, gasoline, etc) and usually only in times of emergency. Last I checked, pinball was pretty much a luxury item.

5. So, if I bought a playfield and decided to sell it, but the market didn't hold up and I sold it for less than I paid, am I hearing you say that CPR is going to reimburse me the difference? Based on your logic, that would only be fair!

*Jaz steps off the soapbox and apologizes to the innocents out there who got caught in the crossfire*

If anyone is still reading, I had a couple interested parties before MGC, but none that closed the deal. I simply haven't had time to deal with it. So, I will be throwing it up for sale to anyone who's interested. But, I'll list it in a separate thread as this one has gone completely off the rails with idealist drivel...

So, playfield and plastics, $1100 cash shipped in the US. Paypal fees would be extra if you want to go that route.

Jaz
cartracin at yahoo dot com or you can PM here...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jazman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-cpr-centaur-playfield-and-plastic-set-1100?tu=Jazman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.