(Topic ID: 43913)

FS: CPR Centaur playfield and plastic set - $1100

By Jazman

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Well, I've given up on the idea of picking up a restorable machine and decided to sell this.

Priority and free delivery to MGC this weekend. Will entertain other offers after the 24th.

cartracin at yahoo dot com

Jaz

#2 11 years ago

Really?... $ 1,100 for a $600 Playfield & a $125 set of Plastics? What a Deal ( $ 1,100 for $725 worth of product) $375 Dollar Un-necessary Profit.....Sad.....$800 for the Pair would be a Fair Price.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Really?... $ 1,100 for a $600 Playfield & a $125 set of Plastics? What a Deal ( $ 1,100 for $725 worth of product) $375 Dollar Un-necessary Profit.....Sad.....$800 for the Pair would be a Fair Price.

Stu.... I really appreciate everything you do for CPR, but to make comments like these in several threads seems silly. You talk about these like they are aviailable like the day they were sold.

If that is the case, I will gladly pay you the regular sell price for a set of Earthshaker plastics that I can't find anywhere.

An easier solution would be just to make more, no?

#4 11 years ago

We do Re-Runs as needed....5 People does not constitute a Re-Run, However, once all the distributors are out of stock and we have "caught up" with everything else we have going we Do Re-Run projects. For example: Centaur Playfield has been Re-Run 4 times now (a total of 5 runs including the original run) Fathom has been Re-Run 3 times (4 times total). When the need is there we DO Re-Run projects, however, we need to be able to sell atleast 60-75 of each right out of the gate or we go broke doing it. There is no sence running a Playfield of 2-300 when we can only sell 125 at the time. We are Not a Bank & can Not Finance a run like that. It's just sad that we the pinball community have to pay Inflated Prices OR wait for a Re-Run.....I can understand making a "small" profit, but this is getting way out of hand....Just my Opinion....

Stu

My posted comments DO NOT REFLECT THE OPNIONS OF CPR OR MIKE OR KEVIN — My Opnions are My Own.

Disclaimer: My posted comments are My Own and DO NOT REFLECT THE OPNIONS OF CPR OR MIKE OR KEVIN. Objects in Mirror are closer than they appear. This Post is Not to be used as a Flotation Device! End Disclaimer.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

$800 for the Pair would be a Fair Price

I'll back you Stu like the other FS thread. CPR great artists. Now where's my HS playfield? Got money burning a hole in my pocket, Ha, Ha! Bill+

#6 11 years ago

bump

1 week later
#7 11 years ago

All I want to know is if I can still get a HS PF. Just bought my first machine and would like to replace the pf and the pre sale is closed.

#8 11 years ago

Good luck, I would buy one if I came across one at a fair price but these have been around $1,000 for a while.

Where do we get on the waiting list? I have never told CPR I want one because they are out. I do not call when they say they are out. I guess we need to call CPR and get on a list to show current demand.

I really hope you find one.

#9 11 years ago

You have to go to their web page and go to preorders. And of course the one i want is full on pre order. Sent an email to see if they would be running extra's to sell on their site and have had no response. So I am assuming they either are not making any extra's our just don't respond to people's emails. And there is no phone # all you can do is email them. If I can not get one I guess I am going to have to see if anyone out there does restorations. I can clear it myself but can not do the touch up needed, I am not a artist LOL. But clearing is easy seeing how i have been painting aircraft and auto for 30 years.

#10 11 years ago

I have been thinking about selling my Centaur extra PF, but I honestly would start by listing it at ~$2K. It is one of the three "white out" Centaur playfields that are reportedly in existence.

Nobody is putting a gun to someone's head and making them buy it, or any other playfield on the market (or at least I hope this is not the case... ).

I bought my playfield with legitimate intentions of using it (I had installed my BK playfield earlier in the year) but I have seen Zero donor machines within reasonable driving distance).

If someone wants it bad enough, why not part with it and buy another game? If nobody wants it bad, I guess I suffer the burden of storing it some more. Cry. Whimper.

I honestly think $1100 for the playfield and plastics is a relative steal, considering the final sale price of these on ebay recently...

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I have been thinking about selling my Centaur extra PF, but I honestly would start by listing it at ~$2K. It is one of the three "white out" Centaur playfields that are reportedly in existence.
Nobody is putting a gun to someone's head and making them buy it, or any other playfield on the market (or at least I hope this is not the case... ).
I bought my playfield with legitimate intentions of using it (I had installed my BK playfield earlier in the year) but I have seen Zero donor machines within reasonable driving distance).
If someone wants it bad enough, why not part with it and buy another game? If nobody wants it bad, I guess I suffer the burden of storing it some more. Cry. Whimper.
I honestly think $1100 for the playfield and plastics is a relative steal, considering the final sale price of these on ebay recently...

Same here more or less. I have one, intended to use it, but never found a donor, then poof an HUO Centaur drops in my lap last August. Don't need the CPR pf now ... but I'll sell it when I'm damn well ready and for whatever price I choose.

I may keep it as wall art in my office (where it is now), give it away to a good guy at cost, or look for max profit if I'm in the mood. My choice, nobody else's. Capitalist here ... with no apologies.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

I may give it away to a good guy at cost if I am in the mood

I am a good guy that would love to pay cost ... just saying... if you are in the mood, I am your man.

...wait a sec... that sounds really wrong...

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am a good guy that would love to pay cost ... just saying... if you are in the mood, I am your man.
...wait a sec... that sounds really wrong...

Eeeeewwww.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Do yourself a favor and delete this... and the rest of your posts here...

#15 11 years ago

teekee: GO TO HELL !.....Nobody here wants to read your Bullshit!.....

I have 4 CPR Centaur Playfields and I would NEVER charge a fellow pinhead these prices "if" I were to sell any of them. I do plan to use them, thus the reason I bought them at Retail price.

Quoted from teekee:

Do yourself a favor and delete this... and the rest of your posts here...

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

teekee: GO TO HELL !.....Nobody here wants to read your Bullshit!.....
I have 4 CPR Centaur Playfields and I would NEVER charge a fellow pinhead these prices "if" I were to sell any of them. I do plan to use them, thus the reason I bought them at Retail price.

The seller can ask what he wants. The buyer does not have to buy... do yourself a favor an delete these...

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Really?... $ 1,100 for a $600 Playfield & a $125 set of Plastics? What a Deal ( $ 1,100 for $725 worth of product) $375 Dollar Un-necessary Profit.....Sad.....$800 for the Pair would be a Fair Price

Yeah its a shame but Marcos a CPR distributor i believe, sold their reproduction Centaur PFS alone for $1350 each without the plastics.
If its unfair for a person to mark up their PF in high demand, what justifies Marco one of CPR's distributors being able to do it they made a 100%+ profit on theirs hence justifying everyone else asking alot more for theirs as well.
Whos actualy in the wrong here then?

#18 11 years ago

This is some pretty shameless price gauging. Just my opinion.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Yeah, especially since he's holding a gun to your head to buy them... right?

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I guess all the people who would consider this price gauging will be selling their pins for as little as possible when the time comes as well.

Duly noted!

#21 11 years ago

I don't think anyone is in the wrong. There's simply more demand than there is supply for many pinball machines and parts in this hobby. I'm still waiting for someone to sell me their BBB for $4500 or a MM for $3500 as they were originally purchased for new. It's never going to happen unless there's a ton more made or the majority of collectors leave the hobby.

I actually bought a CPR Centaur PF and plastic set last year and paid around $925 which I think was a more than fair price. I don't think $1100 is out of line at all especially with how much prices have risen on everything in the past year. Yeah, I would have loved to buy one for what they originally sold for but there's a lot of games and parts that I could say that for. The easy solution is for CPR to simply make more playfields like Centaur and Fathom to try and keep up with the growing demand. I know I'd be interested in a Fathom pf as it's a game that I'd like to add to my collection some day.

#22 11 years ago

I have a Centaur pinball machine and although my playfield is in decent shape. I would be more than happy to get a reproduction CPR playfield at a decent price so I could swap it out.

#23 11 years ago

i don't see anything wrong.
if we can sell ''a'' pins for crazy prices because there's a demand , what's wrong with making a few extra bucks for something hard to find, if there is a demand?

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

what's wrong with making a few extra bucks for something hard to find, if there is a demand?

Absolutely nothing! A seller should be able to ask what he/she wants to ask and a potential buyer is free to make the decision to either buy it or walk away... PERIOD!

#25 11 years ago

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CA-1239-168

Only $1300 at Marcos just for the play field.

Seems like Plastics and play field for this price is a steal.

#26 11 years ago

To all you guys saying this is price gouging, please refer me (and all the other wanted ads on Mr Pinball) to someone with a $600 CPR reproduction Xenon playfield.

#27 11 years ago

If you're patient just wait until they release more playfields. It's been noted that eventually they will be released for both fathom and centaur. EBD would be a nice re-release too! hint hint!

#28 11 years ago

I have a Centaur core game here that could use a playfield swap and cabinet stencils as well. I've also got the new playfield to go with it should the buyer decide to purchase the playfield as well. The game was shopped two years ago with new rubbers and drop targets installed. Everything is working on the game including the magnet and the displays are nice. Looking for $2500 for the game itself and another $1000 for the playfield, which sounds cheap by some of your guy's standards...
I can bring to the Detroit show on Saturday or PATZ show.
Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

If you're patient just wait until they release more playfields. It's been noted that eventually they will be released for both fathom and centaur. EBD would be a nice re-release too! hint hint!

According to CPR back in 2010 they would not likely ever produce a Centaur pf again. Creative marketing or fact, who knows. I brought one because I thought it would be my only chance.

Regardless I think the price police argument (while noble in some way) just never carries much credibility in a capitalist society. Whether you like it or not pinball is a tangeable asset that has been appreciating for years. You can try to fight it, but you'll be standing alone, or in the vast minority.

#30 11 years ago

Honestly I don't care what other people ask for their playfields or anything for that matter. If I don't like the price I just move on. I pointed out here - and in a previous thread a week or so ago - that in the future they MAY be re-run because hints have been dropped to that effect. I completed my centaur swap long ago so I don't need one of those but have Fathom and EBD pins waiting to receive new playfields. For me I would rather wait and see what may or may not be re-released in the future.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Absolutely nothing! A seller should be able to ask what he/she wants to ask and a potential buyer is free to make the decision to either buy it or walk away... PERIOD!

I agree completely. It's not any more complicated than that.

2 months later
#32 10 years ago

If I could afford the PF and plastics, I'd probably bite. That is if I could afford the rest of the parts. If a PF is available, the BG and Plastics (repros all of them) are available and a whole new game could be built. Guides and other parts, the entire wiring harness, etc. would have to be put together, but it would be a fun challenge to build a Centaur from scratch.

What would be really cool is if someone (now it would be Planetary Pinball) would repro entire games. Won't happen, but it'd be cool. I'd love to see the top 50-100 machines get a few thousand repros built, all new parts, new cpus. Dreaming...

#33 10 years ago

This is already happening one Ebay with the WW Repros and they've been out a few weeks and may have some left over. I suppose if you MUST have one now and have the cash...

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I just love this response. My my, it must be nice to wave your hand and have everything in this hobby be above reproach since "nobody is putting a gun to your head." Sounds like an argument a 5-year old would offer.

Ask $1300 ? Go ahead. Ask $1500 or $2000. Who can stop you ? Clearly the right to ask what you want ( which TeeKee defends ) actually does exist. But the right for members of a public forum to comment on the price must also be acknowledged.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I bought my playfield with legitimate intentions of using it ...

I guess it's all a matter of interpretation. The fact that someone buys a playfield with the intention of using it but does not use it, would suggest to me that they would be willing to part with it for very close to what they paid for it. I hate speculation, but at least if you bought the pf for the purpose of speculation then you are being consistent by selling for as high a profit as possible. But trying to squeeze every red cent out of a pf that you intended to use in your machine seems incongruous, IMO.

I too bought a repro pf on the last run, also with the full intention of doing a swap. I got bogged down with other projects and sold it to a pinball friend for what I paid for it. I could have easily gotten another $100 or $200 for it. Doesn't make me a saint or anything. But I'd love to hear more of that in this hobby and less of the other.

Now if a seller doesn't have any close acquaintances who are in need of the item for sale, then that is another story. I have offered really good deals to virtual strangers only to watch them profit upon it, so I don't do that anymore.

#36 10 years ago

I don't get this thread? The Centaur playfield is out of production, and like every other playfield or pinball part that is out of production and in demand, the price is higher than the original "in stock" price.

Now people are bashing a guy for selling an out of production (for years) playfield for a slight profit? OH THE HUMANITY!!

But people are willing to pay $10K for a Tron LE all day long. Why not bash the seller and tell them it should be worth $6K and that they are gougers?

#37 10 years ago

I have an extra CPR Centaur Playfield, so what the hell, I'll entertain offers way-way-way beyond reasonale price...I guess if everybody else is price gouging I should too right?....Let the offers of $ 1,800+ start rolling in....Supply & Demand right? ( that's what the gougers keep telling me )

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

One guy holding onto four of them with no intention of selling any of them is part of the reason why the supply seems so limited .

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Quoted from Stu:

I have an extra CPR Centaur Playfield, so what the hell, I'll entertain offers way-way-way beyond reasonale price...I guess if everybody else is price gouging I should too right?....Let the offers of $ 1,800+ start rolling in....Supply & Demand right? ( that's what the gougers keep telling me )

So you crap on Jazman's thread then you decide you will double what he originally intended to sell his for. That is pretty low IMHO.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Not sure if you are serious or not by why let this bother you? A bunch of us are literally checking our email multiple times a day to see if it is our turn to send you a pile of cash. Why would you drag yourself down to this level?

#41 10 years ago

I feel like the odd man out if I don't get on board with the Current Pricing, so I guess I'll join the bottom feeders, LOL

Quoted from RustyLizard:

Why would you drag yourself down to this level

Supply & Demand right? > That's what the gougers keep telling me so I'm simply going with the flow of Everybody else......

Quoted from TomGWI:

So you crap on Jazman's thread then you decide you will double what he originally intended to sell his for. That is pretty low IMHO

#42 10 years ago

This thread is too bizarre. Stu, you work for CPR and own 4 of these beautiful PF's. Seems like you'd be happy to see your hard work (and personal property) appreciate in value.

I already have a CPR Centaur PF in my restoration. If I didn't, I would be happy to pay $800-$1000 for it. I recently purchased an NOS Paragon PF for 1k. Both of these PF's have some of the best artwork on any pinball machine (period). That, plus the rarity, mean prices go up.

As others have stated, there are more glaring injustices in this hobby! Paying ~1k for a rare/beautiful PF is a pleasure, not an injustice.

My 2$,

snaroff

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

I have an extra CPR Centaur Playfield, so what the hell

I have a buddy who needs one. I'll offer you 600 plus shipping for it with a promise not to ever flip it.

Thank you.

#44 10 years ago

The problem with Stu is he is in this for the love of pinball. Yes he gets compensated for his work, but he does it because he loves pinball. Its not about making money for him. I feel the same way. I love pinball and it kills me to watch people who could give a rats ass about it who are just looking to make a profit from it. You don't see Stu out selling his stash of playfields for big bucks because he chooses to hold on to them for the future good of pinball. Anyone that even knows anything about Stu(And I have only met him once.) knows his life is all about keeping pinball alive. I admire that.

#45 10 years ago

$1000 means there is unfulfilled demand for a CPR Centaur playfield. Rather than complaining about the price, it seems a 6th re-run would be the ticket. In fact, most people I've talked to are convinced CPR is not going to re-run it, so as long as that idea is floating around, no one has incentive to put their name on a non-existent pre-order list to meet the 60+ minimum.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Anyone that even knows anything about Stu(And I have only met him once.) knows his life is all about keeping pinball alive. I admire that.

I admire it too (and Stu's work), but I also recognize that keeping pinball alive means having a diverse community (which includes people who want to make a few bucks). I know a fair number of pinball people and don't know anybody who is getting rich from selling spare PF's. Fact is, nice PF's for highly sought after titles are hard to find and the people who have them are entitled to ask fair market value (which isn't set by Stu, it's set by the collector community).

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

The problem with Stu is he is in this for the love of pinball. Yes he gets compensated for his work, but he does it because he loves pinball. Its not about making money for him. I feel the same way. I love pinball and it kills me to watch people who could give a rats ass about it who are just looking to make a profit from it

Jazman loves pinball as well and in fact gives his time every year to help out a MGC he also brings some great games there . This year he brought a keg of homebrew to share with the people that brought games . He is certainly not someone who doesn't give a rats ass about pinball .

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

I feel like the odd man out if I don't get on board with the Current Pricing, so I guess I'll join the bottom feeders, LOL

Supply & Demand right? > That's what the gougers keep telling me so I'm simply going with the flow of Everybody else......

That's fine. I have no problem with you asking what you feel is right.
At least be a man and apologize to Jazman for for calling him out and derailing his thread.

#49 10 years ago

Well, then why not start a thread of people interested in a Centaur re-run to show CPR the level of interest? hmmmm....

#50 10 years ago

Wow - holy crap. I've been so busy that I never kept up with this thread until it just popped to the top... I see I missed a bunch...

I had refrained from responding to Stu since I didn't feel like getting into a pointless debate. I truly appreciate and respect the work he does and he really hurts himself (and CPR) by what he spews here (and elsewhere). But, since apparently he is the price police and only his opinion counts...

1. I bought this playfield and plastic set with every intention of using it. Well, I've not managed to locate a restoration candidate and now have multiple projects lined up waiting for attention/time I don't have.

2. CPR creates this secondary market by the way they choose to do business. They make a very limited quantity of their playfields as their business model needs to sell every one. I've seen Kevin's and Stu's explanation of why based on margins and that's fine... it's their deal. What that means is some people get them and some don't. To be clear, I'm not criticizing their business model. It's their business and then can run it as they see fit. But don't b**ch about a market you created by your choices. Supply and demand is going to happen. By making just the "right" amount, you, by design, create a shortage. People will come into games after you have sold out. In addition, they may be far enough down the last and not get one. They have no choice but to go out there and, in effect, create demand. If you don't want this to happen, you need to keep inventory/stock available. This is why you don't see this effect with other reproduction parts that are kept stocked.

3. The price I listed is what the going price seems to be. I would be an idiot to list it for sale for anything less. Do you want to sell me a Medieval Madness? Well you better not charge me more than $6000 then. I mean you only paid $5000 new-in-the-box when you bought it. I mean, heaven forbid, 20% profit is MORE than fair you "price gouger"...

4. "Price gouging" - How is it price gouging when that is what the market dictates? Going back to my Medieval Madness example (or Attack from Mars... Cactus Canyon... etc. etc etc) - is that price gouging. For the record, price gouging is a term that can only be applied to essential items (ie: water, food, gasoline, etc) and usually only in times of emergency. Last I checked, pinball was pretty much a luxury item.

5. So, if I bought a playfield and decided to sell it, but the market didn't hold up and I sold it for less than I paid, am I hearing you say that CPR is going to reimburse me the difference? Based on your logic, that would only be fair!

*Jaz steps off the soapbox and apologizes to the innocents out there who got caught in the crossfire*

If anyone is still reading, I had a couple interested parties before MGC, but none that closed the deal. I simply haven't had time to deal with it. So, I will be throwing it up for sale to anyone who's interested. But, I'll list it in a separate thread as this one has gone completely off the rails with idealist drivel...

So, playfield and plastics, $1100 cash shipped in the US. Paypal fees would be extra if you want to go that route.

Jaz
cartracin at yahoo dot com or you can PM here...

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-cpr-centaur-playfield-and-plastic-set-1100/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.