(Topic ID: 193946)

FS: Congo. rebuilt, powder coated, tons of new stuff.

By silver_spinner

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Geddy2112
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

congo48 (resized).jpg
congo38 (resized).jpg
congo35 (resized).jpg
congo32 (resized).jpg
congo33 (resized).jpg
congo36 (resized).jpg
congo29 (resized).jpg
congo7 (resized).jpg
congo19 (resized).jpg
congo14 (resized).jpg
congo5 (resized).jpg
congo27 (resized).jpg
congo23 (resized).jpg
congo16 (resized).jpg
congo4 (resized).jpg
congo11 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

FS: Congo. rebuilt, powder coated, tons of new stuff.

Featured Ad

Added: 2017-07-21 09:40:58 UTC • Ended: September 12th, 2017
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 5,900

WILL INCLUDE PACKING, PALLET AND SHIPPING. $5900 TOTAL SHIPPED. THAT'S BEST I CAN DO. TO MUCH HAS BEEN DONE TO THIS TIME AND MONEY WISE. TRADES PLUS CASH ARE ALSO WELCOMED.

Please message me with questions or for shipping rate. don't ask here. I'm not answering questions through the post. Message me. if you want to play price police have fun. The new parts and powder coating was over $1500 alone not mentioning the countless late night work of going over things very slowly and carefully. Those of you who have played any of my games at shows or tournaments know how my machines play. They aren't clunky. they play to pro tourney players standards. no issues. orbits and feeds and kick outs work as they should. I pay great attention to detail. normal congos with nothing done are getting ~4k. add up the parts what was done to mine and the countless labor hours and it justifies asking price. plus we all know wpc 95 games go up and up and this was a lower production wpc 95 game and its a USA version, not a reimport thats been all over. it went from chicago to michigan. i am 3rd owner.
USA domestic version CONGO!
i have been doing this work for 3 months very carefully. cleaned inside and out, everything meticulously gone over. inside of cabinet is clean as a whistle & so is the underneath of play field. very very dialed in, tweaked, plays superb. I've put only 5 games on it since all of this was done to make sure all is well. Just finished it today july 20th. I don't want any of the new parts to get wear.
here is what was done to it: Of course everything was pulled from the play field and also cleaned as well as the play field with cp-100 play field cleaner and polish.

*Full set of New play field Plastics.
*All 3 New plastic ramps.
* All stand up targets new including the 5 rectangle yellow targets on the mini play field.
*New pop bumper assemblies (skirts, bodies, bases, caps, lamp holders, etc).
* New play field through clear window.
*New Amy
* New plumb bob tilt assembly
*New side rails.
*New legs
*New rubber & super band post sleeves and flipper rubber.
*New star posts (green).
*New leg bolts
*New play field glass.
*New lane guides up top.
* New flipper cabinet buttons.
*New kickback assembly (coil, plunger).
*New coil sleeves for all coils in the game.
*New play field support brackets.
*All 3 flippers fully rebuilt with new flipper bats, coil stops, links, springs, sleeves.
*New Mirror blades
*New balls.
*New leg levelers.
*frosted leds , led flashers.
*New plunger shooter rod, gold barrel spring, normal spring, washers.
* Rebuilt av/board. extra leads ran in case you want to use an lcd display as well that requires no hv (for stern style dmd of any color).
*New coin mechs.

**All of these parts were powder coated: legs, side rails (did not need sand blasting as they were new).
** All of these parts were sand blasted and powder coated: apron rail, lock down bar, head back hinge and ac plug cover, coin door and all parts related, shooter housing, security hasp brackets, head side hinges, wire form ramps and anything else you see in pix that i may have missed.
* New laminated tech papers inside cabinet.
The DMD is newer as well.
* New cabinet/leg protectors.
* New volcano weldement this past year. It shoots out perfect as its supposed to. I may be missing some other things that have been done to it or are new.

the cabinet has some wear/scratches that were touched up but do exist. play field had a few inserts that were chipping that were touched up and cleared. back of cabinet bottom corner to the left of where the ac plug is had some wood that was blemished so it was filled, sanded and painted. i have over 60 pictures and a video link. i can email you pix of whatever you need. I can pack pallet and ship using my freight account which has great savings. Shipped anywhere in the USA from 1-4 days. Will pack very very well, ask around. I am thorough. May consider trades. Lmk what you have.

Item photos

congo61 (resized).jpg
congo56 (resized).jpg
congo49 (resized).jpg
congo60 (resized).jpg
congo58 (resized).jpg
congo34 (resized).jpg
congo59 (resized).jpg
congo50 (resized).jpg
congo39 (resized).jpg
congo24 (resized).jpg
congo11 (resized).jpg
congo4 (resized).jpg
congo16 (resized).jpg
congo23 (resized).jpg
congo27 (resized).jpg
congo5 (resized).jpg
congo14 (resized).jpg
congo19 (resized).jpg
congo7 (resized).jpg
congo29 (resized).jpg
congo36 (resized).jpg
congo33 (resized).jpg
congo32 (resized).jpg
congo35 (resized).jpg
congo38 (resized).jpg
congo48 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are silver_spinner's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to silver_spinner's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Owosso, MI, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

#3 6 years ago

Wow, vvvvvvery nice! The green powder coating fits, and I love that you did the coin door and hinges!!!

#4 6 years ago

Nice, just not $6200 nice.

IMO

#5 6 years ago

If it had color dmd , cliffys , pdi glass and 3d lane plastics i cld see it getting near the asking price. Glws i miss mine and sold it way to cheap .

#6 6 years ago

That sucker is gorgeous. Congo has gone up in demand, and this one is super nice, he's not asking other worldly money for this game...this is not like the $9,500 W2HO or Funhouse. He's priced where I would price it in that condition.

Agreed it needs cliffy's installed to protect it and the ColorDMD would really help sell it.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That sucker is gorgeous. Congo has gone up in demand, and this one is super nice, he's not asking other worldly money for this game...this is not like the $9,500 W2HO or Funhouse. He's priced where I would price it in that condition.
Agreed it needs cliffy's installed to protect it.

Yes but the funhouse and W2HO that you mention have either new or restored and clear coated playfields along with fully restored cabinets.

This game looks awesome, but it's a top quality shop out. If the playfield was sent to HSA and the cabinet was restored it would sell no problem at this price. It sounds like just a few minor touch ups were done to the playfield instead of a full restore.

Someone is getting a really nice game no matter what this sells for. Congo is a great shooting game with some really fun modes. I always enjoy playing it when I get the chance. This one definitely looks awesome!!!!

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

If the playfield was sent to HSA and the cabinet was restored it would sell no problem at this price.

I agree on the playfield being clear coated, that would help pretty much any game from the 80's/90's. Not sure I'm in agreement on the cab needing anything though. It is a silk screened cab, no decals right (maybe I'm wrong on that)? I know he describes them as scratches but it isn't really cabinet damage, just scuffs.

For Congo's that have not been fully restored, this is really a remarkable survivor.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I agree on the playfield being clear coated, that would help pretty much any game from the 80's/90's. Not sure I'm in agreement on the cab needing anything though. It is a silk screened cab, no decals right (maybe I'm wrong on that)? I know he describes them as scratches but it isn't really cabinet damage, just scuffs.
For Congo's that have not been fully restored, this is really a remarkable survivor.

No doubt, a very nice game.

#10 6 years ago

Very nice. It'll sell.

#11 6 years ago

Ooh, kinda high price. (looks at username) Makes sense now.

#12 6 years ago

I would peg this at about $4800-5000. I have seen full restorations with new cabinet decals and color dmd for around $6k.

#13 6 years ago

Really nice machine! I just never understood anything other than a black coin door...

#14 6 years ago

This is the guy who's on Facebook that trash is everyone's for sale post....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-congo-rebuilt-powder-coated-tons-of-new-stuff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.