20140202_195303_resized.jpg
20140202_195312_resized.jpg
Yoda -no pics.jpg
[UNSET](4).jpg
[UNSET](5).jpg
[UNSET](3).jpg
PPP.jpg
right meow.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider houseofpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 10 years ago

The market determines the price. All I know is I had 16 pins and wanted to "skinny down to 10"....listed 12 that I would part with and sold 7 within a couple of weeks all for prices I listed it for (I don't list high I just list at what I want and if they sell so be it). My point....I priced them right....was down to 9 in a short period of time and never adjusted the prices down once.

My "gut feeling" is that is not going to be the case here. But time will tell. Also, when you list in a thread forum you need to expect feedback both positive and negative. I assure you if they were bargain prices (which they are far from it) you would be getting those comments as people make their opinions felt (and I do as well) when the prices are BARGAINS.....I don't see any bargains and I doubt I am in the minority.....come on, Tron for $10K.....LOL !!! TAF for $6,400.....better be a CQ one......Elvis.....Stretch 2 had a beauty and had to sell it for $3,500 had it listed for around $4K for a long time on pinside......his was really nice as well......Metallica Pro.....I just bought one last week with custom pinblades and UV and in "perfect condition" for $3,700....it was a beautiful HUO with a couple of hundred of mods (guess yours has like $3K in mods to make that a bargain....lol) and my favorite AC/DC premium....people can't sell HUO's for $5,500....doubt your mods are worth an additional $1,500 and you don't even have a SHAKER motor (that is like the most have upgrade in my opinion)......

If you get your prices then most of us are wrong......but truly my "gut feeling" is you are either going to have to lower most of your prices A LOT or you will be looking at these into the summer months (when prices normally are even "softer").

GLWS.....you are going to need it with these asking prices.....I joked with someone about SS not being worth $5Kish.....especially with fade.....sure enough someone wanted mine for $5K so you know what....I sold it.....I have a perfect HUO AC/DC with shaker and TNT mode and custom pinblades and if anyone wants to give me $6K (which it is not worth) take it away.....so yours is not worth $7K in my opinion as mine only has 50-100 plays on it if that and is perfect......your prices are so high !!! Just like my SS I would back up my words by selling my game and at $6K it is a much better deal then yours at $7K....mine is worth $5,500 is my estimated value.....stock one is worth $5,300 in my opinion and you never get $ for $ for mods you added (I added $400 in mods would expect to get $200 back).

#41 10 years ago

As for the comments that were made. The main prices that I felt were really ridiculous was the TRON (didn't see it was a joke), Elvis (been seeing what they are selling for), AC/DC premium (own one and have been seeing what they are listed for lately....none are selling in the $5,500 range with the exception of one that sold for $5,500 and had well over $500 in extras.....and the MET PRO (which I just bought one for $3,700 with some extras in perfect shape) and the TAF (which if it is really nice that price isn't so bad). The other prices were not commented on and truly the TSPP (sold my perfect one for $4,600 and see them going for the mid $4's HUO in really nice shape occasionally). Based on his response update I still stand by my comments on most of the prices.....

These marketplace forums I thought it was all AGREED were suppose to have price feedback. Nobody likes it when the price feedback is negative but if it is the TRUTH so be it. If someone paid $10K for his TRON, $6.3K for his MET PRO, $7K for his AC/DC, $5K for his Elvis (if it is an Elvis gold possible) then criticize me as they were the main games that I thought were "WAY OUT THERE" and still do. Nothing wrong with asking but my point was he isn't getting those prices and I thought that was "fair game" on this forums.

If not, Robin should change the rules that no negative comments on pricing are allowed and EVERYONE should abide by them. Nothing against this seller......or any seller. I have the right to express opinions based on what is happening and AC/DC premiums as an example are not selling for $5.8K HUO....nor do I feel they should be.....the market can prove me wrong on that pin or any of the pins listed....however, it isn't going to.

Finally, the strategy this seller used is a GREAT ONE......EXACT strategy I used but posted on CL and sold all my pins for good prices as I listed a bunch and priced them according to how badly I wanted to sell them (the ones I really didn't want to sell I priced higher then fair value and the ones I did I priced at fair value (knowing they would want to negotiate down).....GREAT STRATEGY. However, if I posted that ad on pinside I am sure I would have gotten some GREAT PRICE comments and some YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND COMMENTS.....nothing wrong with trying to get TOP OF THE MARKET for a game you REALLY DON'T WANT TO SELL but expect comments in this type of Forum.

The market is speaking and I see by the interest the main games I highlighted in my post have no interest and I did put if the TAF was close to CQ that would be possible.....so I am sure the guy that sent the PM is going to access the condition and make him an offer.....No surprises on that one.

My posts CAN NOT move a market........if I commented that I felt an AC/DC premium priced at $5K in great shape was too high (which I don't) you think the seller still wouldn't get a bunch of PM's.....get real guys !!!! I often post "good price" or "great price" as guys like EA BUNDY and HERBERTSHARP always seem to price their games really well......people don't comment on those posts so this isn't about TROLLING and always commenting NEGATIVELY about for sale posts....just the ones priced HIGH when I see them as well as commently positively or buying (which I just did a couple of weeks ago on the MET PRO) when the game is priced well.....I wish both EA BUNDY and HERBERTSHARP lived close I would just fill my collection with their games and I don't even know the two guys just know they price their games to sell quickly....STRETCH 2 is another one and I have no doubt (since he lives close) that I will buy a game from him someday if not more then one game.....another seller pricing to sell his games !!!!

#51 10 years ago

Was nothing against HOOKED.....if the prices were low he would have gotten a ton of "GREAT PRICES" and I am sure none of his "buddies" or HOOKED would have complained. He priced high....so be it....move on and truly I am glad he met his objective as some of his pins weren't priced "way out there" but some were in my opinion. Someone wants to buy a $6,300 MET PRO and loves Metallica so be it......hopefully, the guy doesn't need it shipped ($6,600-$6,700) and hopefully the guy doesn't decide to sell it within a few months....if so, the guy is never going to get his money back....and that is most likely the case.

I don't post on pinside when I sell....truly, my strategy is similar to HOOKED and it does work (people will pay top of the market prices if you find the right person....so it doesn't hurt to give it a shot on CL and I can assure the seller the same pinsiders plus "non pinsiders" look at those ads and you don't have to worry about feedback in a public forum).

As for trying to be a PR*** if that was the case I wouldn't complement guys like EA BUNDY, HWAYANGA (when he just had a great price for his AC/DC premium) or HERBERTSHARP......or ANYONE that prices fairly or below market....Hooked was very high on some of his prices so I made a comment.....BIG DEAL....next time put it in the marketplace or CL if the seller can't handle comments that are "right on point" and most would agree the price for most of his pins was on the "high side".....so if that makes me a PR*** I guess I am guilty as charged !!!!

No more posts by HOP on this thread.....good luck to seller I truly hope he gets every price he is asking for.....hopefully, it is by pinsiders that live near me and are around when I go to sell !!!!

Quoted from PW79:

I can't read all that
HOP just keep in mind being a prick doesn't require a lot of typing
Ice & I are experts at 1-2 liner shenanigans, pay attention to how we do it

#55 10 years ago

Darn....figured it would help me get nominated for the next President of the United States......guess I miscalculated

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Pinside forgive houseofpin - for he knows not what he does..... some people get lost in thought behind a keyboard.
I sent a PM to him so see the motivation - no response. Anyone who has purchased from me in the past feel free to post.
Few notes...
Ok so I dropped off a metal Apron for Avengers Pro - In my mini Hulk project - So that is off the block pictures to follow Sunday.
Dropped off STTNg Hinge to be powdered gloss black - so that is off.
I am going to finish it and put it next to STLE for a while.
Looks like Avatar LE is spoken for but still pending conformation and payment.

Yes you did send me a PM not just asking my motivation but telling me to delete my post criticizing some of your prices.......just setting the record straight. Trust me, I don't need your forgiveness.........next thing you will be asking me to say 3 Our Fathers and 10 Hail Marys as well.....LOL !!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.95
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 16.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider houseofpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-collection-huo-to-need-shopping-1800-to-8k-all-near-charlotte-nc?tu=houseofpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.