New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 97791)

FS: CFTBL in AZ (**SOLD!!!! PENDING PAYMENT**)

By TheBaron

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheBaron
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CV.jpg
image-165.jpg
CFTBL4.jpg
CFTBL2.jpg
CFTBL3.jpg
CFTBL1.jpg

#1 6 years ago

This was supposed to be my keeper, but you know how that goes. I've decided to pick up a Star Trek Pro and I need to raise funds. This is a clean and fully working Creech with a lot of new parts and mods.

Here's the specifics:
-Complete PF tear down and was shopped about 8 months ago.
-Installed the Pinball Mike D video hologram mod (I have the original hologram and I believe it's still green, but Kris replaced it with the hologram mod before I had the game up and running, so I'm not 100% sure)
-Has the animated speaker panel and deluxe speaker panel plastic
-Added new playfield swamp window
-Added new bowl
-Plastic protectors
-LEDs in all playfield inserts and ramps
-Brand new front cabinet decal
-New lockdown receiver and lockdown bar
-Snackbar hole has mantis protector AND cliffy protector
-new ramp flaps

The only issues to mention are the right ramp is broken at the post (does not affect game play) and there is a small amount of wear at the lower portion of the L insert (see pic).
I have over $4400 into this machine with all the mods and new parts, but I'm listing for $4100 $4000 SOLD - PENDING PAYMENT! for (hopefully) a quick sale. I'd also be willing to trade for a Star Trek Pro or Premium + cash.
I'd like to keep the sale local to Arizona for now.

CFTBL1.jpg
CFTBL2.jpg
CFTBL3.jpg
CFTBL4.jpg

Post edited by TheBaron: Grammatical corrections.

#2 6 years ago

great looking machine. well worth the asking price.

#3 6 years ago

image-165.jpg
Hmm...

#4 6 years ago

HA! ROAD TRIP!!!!

#5 6 years ago

Buy it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 6 years ago

Dang I really would like this game good deal with nice mods should sell quickly

#7 6 years ago

Deal with confidence. Joe is a great seller. I love Star Trek. Have been toying around with the idea of selling my NGG and Getaway to help fund one.

#8 6 years ago

Bump! And as an added bonus, I will throw in this Crown Victoria topper - free of charge!!

CV.jpg
#9 6 years ago

Bump for price reduction.

#10 6 years ago

Looks like a nice machine! Would love to have this one but alas, the timing isn't right. GLWS

#11 6 years ago

Damn, very nice looking Creech and I'm in the market for one too. If you can't find a local buyer and would entertain shipping let me know. Good luck on your sale!

#12 6 years ago

I'm usually cool with shipping games. The only problem with shipping this time is that I'd have to ship the PinballMikeD hologram mod separately since it includes a 19" monitor in the cabinet. I don't think I'd want to ship it with the monitor installed, or even packed on the pallet with the game for that matter. That would cost the buyer a second shipping fee and they'd have to reinstall the mod. Not a difficult thing to do, but something to consider.

Also, I may be going into escrow within the next month or two and lenders aren't cool with undocumented funds popping up in your checking account. I actually had this issue with my previous home purchase and it cause a real nightmare when I sold a pin and $5k magically appeared in my bank account. The lender wanted me to get a signed certificate from a "pinball machine appraiser." I had to laugh at that and tell her there were a few thousand other collectors who wished there was such a thing. Local sale = cash in hand and no checks that need to be deposited.

If anybody has a good idea how to avoid the two issues, I'm game.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from TheBaron:

The lender wanted me to get a signed certificate from a "pinball machine appraiser." I had to laugh at that and tell her there were a few thousand other collectors who wished there was such a thing. .

Hey Joey, I am now a "pinball machine appraiser" so I can sign a letter for you if needed.

#15 6 years ago

Nice Machine.Really wish that you were closer !

#16 6 years ago

Bumpin' it up for a local guy.

#17 6 years ago

Bump for a great looking game and a nice guy! I'm tempted...

#18 6 years ago

Ok, local sales are not panning out and I'd like to get this sold, sooooo I am now considering shipping.

I will blanket/cardboard wrap on legs or do a full pallet wrap depending on buyer's preference/shipping method (buyer pays for shipping materials and arranges shipping). I plan to remove the monitor and box separately, but will attach the protected box to the game or pallet.
PM me if interested.

#19 6 years ago

How do you think the monitor will hold up if you ship NAVL with the legs on?
Maybe if it was removed but resting in the cabinet?

#20 6 years ago

I'm not sure if I'd trust it inside the cabinet. There's a raspberry pi board mounted right next to it and I wouldn't want them knocking into each other.

My thought is to remove the monitor, bubble wrap and pack it in a separate box filled with packing peanuts. If shipping with the legs on, I'd probably shrink wrap the box to the folded down head with plenty of padding between them. If the buyer wants it pallet wrapped, I'd probably shrink wrap the box to the upright coin door with padding between them.
My thinking is that if I wrap the boxed monitor to the highest place on the game, it should avoid any careless hands or forklifts.

#23 6 years ago

This is my grail pin. I want it, and your price is crazy good. Damn me for living in Canada with our subpar Canadian dollar! Someone buy this damn thing!

4,000.00 USD = 4,367.40 CAD
4,367.40 CAD + 12% Duty/Taxes = 4,891 CAD
4,891 CAD + $300 +/- NAVL costs = Head explodes!

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

This is my grail pin. I want it, and your price is crazy good. Damn me for living in Canada with our subpar Canadian dollar! Someone buy this damn thing!
4,000.00 USD = 4,367.40 CAD
4,367.40 CAD + 12% Duty/Taxes = 4,891 CAD
4,891 CAD + $300 +/- NAVL costs = Head explodes!

Nice looking pin, crazy good starting price, GRAIL PIN, 1200 bucks over crazy good price due to location. I vote GO FOR IT!

#25 6 years ago

$4K CAD is pushing it for me. $5200 CAD is breaking me. As much as I want this and know it is a crazy good deal I just don't have enough scratch.

#26 6 years ago

Someone suggested using these guys:

http://www.attheborderstorage.com/

You can just drive down to the border (depending on how far away you are) and pick it up yourself to skip the duty tax at least.

#27 6 years ago

I have a US address (http://myusaddress.ca), but that doesn't allow you to skip on the duty/tax. I would have to stay 24 hours to clear a certain amount of duty. The taxes are unavoidable.

Trust me, if I could do this - I would.

#28 6 years ago

Pm sent. Very interested!!

#29 6 years ago

There is no duty on a pinball machine that was built in the US into Canada. You only pay the GST/HST.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from generalgman:

There is no duty on a pinball machine that was built in the US into Canada. You only pay the GST/HST.

This is not accurate. I have friends that bring pins across all the time and they are hit with duty. Allentown is a prime example of this. I cannot remember the rate, but Canadians are only permitted so much $$$ across the border within 24 hours. That increases after 72 hours. If you are lucky, the border guard waves you through and you don't have to pay.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

GLWTS, but I will have to pass.

#31 6 years ago

Sorry it is accurate

This is right from the CBSA website

No duty is payable on goods imported for personal use, if it is marked as "made in Canada, the USA, or Mexico.

Most imported goods are also subject to the Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Provincial Sales Tax (PST) or, in certain provinces and territories, the Harmonized Sales Tax (HST).

I have brought back numerous pins from Phoenix to Calgary. You only pay the GST/PST/HST depending on the province.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from generalgman:

Sorry it is accurate
This is right from the CBSA website
No duty is payable on goods imported for personal use, if it is marked as "made in Canada, the USA, or Mexico.
Most imported goods are also subject to the Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Provincial Sales Tax (PST) or, in certain provinces and territories, the Harmonized Sales Tax (HST).
I have brought back numerous pins from Phoenix to Calgary. You only pay the GST/PST/HST depending on the province.

You are correct. I looked into this a little later after I posted. Thank you NAFTA.

#33 6 years ago

Game is sold (pending payment).

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside