(Topic ID: 42375)

FS: CC SOLD! YIPPEE! Payment Pended. It's official.

By MrWizzo

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 209 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MrWizzo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

thumbs_up.jpg
th-2.jpeg
hasselhoff.jpg
bigfoot-sword-of-the-earthman-migraine.jpg
hoff_puppies.jpg
Christmas_Story_Dad.jpg
DSCN1306.JPG
2012-09-23_23-00-09_789.jpg
DSCN1304.JPG
5046091402_029de93f24[1].jpg

There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 6 years ago

Cactus Canyon - really beautiful playfield, cliffies on gold mine and bad guys, extra gold mine mountain made by Aeneas, pinball pro sub and speakers, modded to prevent ball hangups behind Bart and missed switch hits on right ramp, leg protectors, bright cabinet, decals a bit wrinkled at legs as expected. Plays perfect. 15 K OBO. Will ship white glove but would prefer local buyer of course. Need to free up some space as I have a couple EMs coming mid month.

I did a lot of beta testing for the CCC software upgrade and can answer questions about that. A lot of local pinsiders have played the game and know it pretty well. If it needed anything, and this depends on your standards, you could do a decal job if you wanted a perfect game.

Pics on DropBox: https://www.dropbox.com/home/Cactus%20Canyon

Pics on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/93813305@N02/

Thanks,

Dan

#2 6 years ago

No interest, no price police....

The total indifference is hard to take!

Dan

#3 6 years ago

now thats funny Dan knows what I'm talking about

#4 6 years ago

10k by Christmas!

#5 6 years ago

I am not interested in the game really, but it's asking me to sign into stupid dropbox just to view pics. This is not good for sales IMO.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

10k by Christmas!

That's a bit extreme, but seems to be trending in that direction for sure. I guess OBO doesn't carry the weight it used to!

Christmas is a long time away. Have you started saving? But prices peak then, so there's hope!
Seriously would like to sell the game way before then.

Dan

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I am not interested in the game really, but it's asking me to sign into stupid dropbox just to view pics. This is not good for sales IMO.

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realize that. Any suggestions on where to post the pics so they are more accessible?

Dan

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realize that. Any suggestions on where to post the pics so they are more accessible?
Dan

flikr or photobucket works well.

#9 6 years ago

Everything has been a little slow right now. Its the pre tax, post Holiday season. GIve it time and the right person will show up.
Every time a game sits two weeks after its sold there are two WTB threads for the same game. Never fails.

#10 6 years ago

sequestration has everything shut down...

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

flikr or photobucket works well.

Forgot about photobucket. Thanks. will try that now.

Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Everything has been a little slow right now. Its the pre tax, post Holiday season. GIve it time and the right person will show up.
Every time a game sits two weeks after its sold there are two WTB threads for the same game. Never fails.

All good points. Forgot about all that.

Quoted from teekee:

sequestration has everything shut down...

What does horse riding have to do with anything? There you go again!

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Dan

You're f'ing insane with a price like that!!

Feel better, Dan?

#13 6 years ago

I've played Dans CC and it is a beauty.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Feel better, Dan?

A soothing balm to my soul! Yes, very much so.

Dan

#15 6 years ago

What's the P-E ratio on that machine? A link where we can download the annual report?

#16 6 years ago

Is this the one you bought from Bryan Kelly?

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Thanks,Taylor. This comes from a man who really knows and knows how to play pinball.

Quoted from PinballHelp:

What's the P-E ratio on that machine? A link where we can download the annual report?

It seems falling rapidly. There is a rush on the Saloon.

Quoted from davewtf:

Is this the one you bought from Bryan Kelly?

Nope. No kickbacks to Bryan on this one! I bought my MB from Bryan, for which I will take the opportunity to thank you once again Mr. Kelly.

Quoted from MrWizzo:

This is more like it. Amazing what a well-disguised bump can do!

Dan

#18 6 years ago

Good luck with the sale, its cool to see some of these popping up now. Got another machine in your sites? Or a boat?

#19 6 years ago

It's coming out on Pinball Arcade later this month. Wait a month and there will be a new wave of CC fans begging you to sell it.

#20 6 years ago

I'm going to miss playing this at Dan's, but I'm glad I had the opprotunity to because I probably won't get another chance. Especially with how well he has his P-Roc setup. Cowboys vs. Aliens multiball was awesome.

#21 6 years ago

Fantastic pin! Good luck with your sale. Does it have LEDs?

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Good luck with the sale, its cool to see some of these popping up now. Got another machine in your sites? Or a boat?

Actually getting back into EMs for a bit. A restored F14 that VID is doing coming soon. Could see a BSD in the future.

Boat? Now you know where this is going to lead, don't you?
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ascot-owners-members-only
What are you from F 451? Starting fires instead of putting them out...."Look, Mommy, firemen! There's going to be a fire!"

Quoted from Kolchak357:

It's coming out on Pinball Arcade later this month. Wait a month and there will be a new wave of CC fans begging you to sell it.

Nice to know. Can hear myself now, "I should have held out for more..."

Quoted from jsalce:

I'm going to miss playing this at Dan's, but I'm glad I had the opprotunity to because I probably won't get another chance. Especially with how well he has his P-Roc setup. Cowboys vs. Aliens multiball was awesome.

Door's open. Bring Hasslehoff Junior with you! OXO is operable.

Quoted from PinballBulbs:

Fantastic pin! Good luck with your sale. Does it have LEDs?

Thanks. No LEDs. My vision cannot handle them unfortunately, but it does okay with a game that has Herg's controller board.

Dan

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Ditto.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

imgur.com Photobucket has limits on bandwidth and soon your pictures won't load for people, flickr is slow and doesn't work well on all devices. Imgur is juuuuuuusssst riiiiiiight.

#25 6 years ago

You might have avoided the Price Police...but the 'no shooter lane picture' police aren't going be as forgiving

Damn nice game...here's a bump for ya

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

You might have avoided the Price Police...but the 'no shooter lane picture' police aren't going be as forgiving
Damn nice game...here's a bump for ya

So flickr worked. You know, it's funny. The whole shooter lane thing has never been in my pinscience before I met Strozh99 who is incredibly detail oriented. I often forget about that.

I will revert with a shooter lane pic.

Dan

#27 6 years ago

Actually when I sold my MM, my buddy PAFASA said "did you see a boat at the boat show you liked?"

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

You might have avoided the Price Police...but the 'no shooter lane picture' police aren't going be as forgiving Damn nice game...here's a bump for ya

Thanks, I think so too.

Shooter lane pic uploaded to Flickr. Any other areas of law enforcement I need to preempt?

Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Actually when I sold my MM, my buddy PAFASA said "did you see a boat at the boat show you liked?"

I thought you were referencing the many yacht posts that have been washing ashore lately.

No boats for me. Not a good swimmer and not cautious enough. No motorcycles either. Wiped out on Mt. Cadillac on Acadia National Park on a moped!

Dan

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

I thought you were referencing the many yacht posts that have been washing ashore lately.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8c8xy_saturday-night-live-snl-digital-sho_fun#.UTen4zV61gg

#30 6 years ago

I needed a good laugh! A 15K CC should be perfect so allow me add some verbiage in an effort to educate (note that I sold Wizzo this CC). Yes I'm a trouble maker but Wizzo deserves the criticism after my experience with him:

Cactus Canyon - really beautiful playfield, cliffies on gold mine [to cover the “chip” not featured in photo bucket] and bad guys, [as part of the $15K hijack an] extra gold mine mountain made by Aeneas, pinball pro sub and speakers, modded to prevent ball hangups behind Bart and missed switch hits on right ramp, leg protectors [to conceal the ragged corners], bright cabinet [but she’s still a two-bagger], decals a bit wrinkled at legs as expected [yes, you should expect wrinkles on a $15K pin]. Plays perfect. 15 K or OBO [I paid $10,500 and removed the LED kit which I’ve already said you don’t need]. Will ship white glove [from Michael Jackson himself] but would prefer local buyer of course. Need to free up some space as I have a couple EMs coming mid month [a fact which you should care less about].

I did a lot of beta testing for the CCC software upgrade [despite having no formal training in software testing] and can answer questions about that [and try to sound like I know what I’m talking about]. A lot of local pinsiders have played the game and know it pretty well. If it needed anything, and this depends on your standards, you could do a decal job if you wanted a perfect game [and going to the time and expense of adding new side art will cut into my bottom line ha ha].

TIA

#31 6 years ago

5046091402_029de93f24[1].jpg

#32 6 years ago

this e fight is funny, this used to be my machine, sold it to whitewood then it went to wizzo I guess.
I thought it was a nice very good playing machine when I had it. I had no clue someone could think it has a value of 15K HA HA. I paid about 7k for it a few years back. yes sold it for a little more -a fair price not some inflated gouge price of 15k. I buy and sell lots of pins, I always try to stay within book pricing + or- with condition and extras. cool theme, good sound, not that fun, easy pin to beat.
I do a lot of pin stuff with whitewood, you wont find a better guy, seller or anyone that does any better restoration or board work. If you knew his career history like I do you'd agree!
Good luck with the CC sale, hope it lands into loving hands for a fair price.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from whitewoodpinball:

I needed a good laugh! A 15K CC should be perfect so allow me add some verbiage in an effort to educate (note that I sold Wizzo this CC). Yes I'm a trouble maker but Wizzo deserves the criticism after my experience with him:
Cactus Canyon - really beautiful playfield, cliffies on gold mine [to cover the “chip” not featured in photo bucket] and bad guys, [as part of the $15K hijack an] extra gold mine mountain made by Aeneas, pinball pro sub and speakers, modded to prevent ball hangups behind Bart and missed switch hits on right ramp, leg protectors [to conceal the ragged corners], bright cabinet [but she’s still a two-bagger], decals a bit wrinkled at legs as expected [yes, you should expect wrinkles on a $15K pin]. Plays perfect. 15 K or OBO [I paid $10,500 and removed the LED kit which I’ve already said you don’t need]. Will ship white glove [from Michael Jackson himself] but would prefer local buyer of course. Need to free up some space as I have a couple EMs coming mid month [a fact which you should care less about].
I did a lot of beta testing for the CCC software upgrade [despite having no formal training in software testing] and can answer questions about that [and try to sound like I know what I’m talking about]. A lot of local pinsiders have played the game and know it pretty well. If it needed anything, and this depends on your standards, you could do a decal job if you wanted a perfect game [and going to the time and expense of adding new side art will cut into my bottom line ha ha].
TIA

I cannot believe you are still upset that I removed the LEDs. Get back on the meds! Gee, WW, the game was much nicer when you described it to me when I was buying it. How does that work?

Okay. Point by point.

I do not recall what is under the Cliffy I added. The one serious inquiry I have received, the wear was disclosed. If anyone would wish to see, I am happy to remove the Cliffy and take a pic. Don't recall a chip.

You sold me the game with the leg protectors on it. I did not add them to cover up the wrinkling at the legs.

Beta testing the software involved spending a lot of hours playing the game with CCC on it and report bugs and errors to epthegeek. No more, more less.

Michael Jackson is dead.

Dan

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

I cannot believe you are still upset that I removed the LEDs. Get back on the meds! Gee, WW, the game was much nicer when you described it to me when I was buying it. How does that work?
Okay. Point by point.
I do not recall what is under the Cliffy I added. The one serious inquiry I have received, the wear was disclosed. If anyone would wish to see, I am happy to remove the Cliffy and take a pic. Don't recall a chip.
You sold me the game with the leg protectors on it. I did not add them to cover up the wrinkling at the legs.
Beta testing the software involved spending a lot of hours playing the game with CCC on it and report bugs and errors to epthegeek. No more, more less.
Michael Jackson is dead.
Dan

I didn't read it as he was upset with the LEDs being removed, but more so pointing out that you bought this machine a few months ago for $10,500 and removed perceived value (leds) and are now asking $4,500 more than your purchase price 4 months ago...

Not that it really matters, just saying how I read his post....

Bump for your sale for a nice CC...

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

this e fight is funny, this used to be my machine, sold it to whitewood then it went to wizzo I guess.
I thought it was a nice very good playing machine when I had it. I had no clue someone could think it has a value of 15K HA HA. I paid about 7k for it a few years back. yes sold it for a little more -a fair price not some inflated gouge price of 15k. I buy and sell lots of pins, I always try to stay within book pricing + or- with condition and extras. cool theme, good sound, not that fun, easy pin to beat.
I do a lot of pin stuff with whitewood, you wont find a better guy, seller or anyone that does any better restoration or board work. If you knew his career history like I do you'd agree!
Good luck with the CC sale, hope it lands into loving hands for a fair price.

PP:

If this is a fight, it is one sided.

I am glad you have had good expriences with Dan. I didn't. You bought it years ago and sold it. Dan bought it and sold it. I bought it and am selling it. Listing OBO connotes that I do not expect 15K. The profit is in the value estimation of the buyer no more, no less. It is regionally affected and not dictated by a book. I guess it's good that you feel you need to come to Dan's defence or aid and testify for him. I just do not know why it's necessary. He does not need to be attacked to expose himself. He is quite adept at doing that to himself.

In reality, if someone is going to buy the game, someone is going to buy the game, and Dan's hyper-neurotic, bitter tirade probably will have little effect. If it does, so be it. Not the end of the world for me. He is obviously still losing sleep over my buying the game at the advertised price he agree to.

What he is upset still about is that he agreed to sell me the game at the agreed price, had higher offers, and decided to sell me the game. He needs to live with his decisions, and if you were really his friend, you wouldn't support and enable such immature behavior with defense but try to convince him to drop it and move on. The only one who seems to wrong him is Dan himself.
Sorry, but that is sad.

Dan

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I didn't read it as he was upset with the LEDs being removed, but more so pointing out that you bought this machine a few months ago for $10,500 and removed perceived value (leds) and are now asking $4,500 more than your purchase price 4 months ago...
Not that it really matters, just saying how I read his post....
Bump for your sale for a nice CC...

I appreciate the input. There is some history here that affects interpretation. Got the game in September. I wish all asking prices were immediately agreed to. I doubt very much that someone will offer me fifteen, but I have already been offered an amount more than in excess of my cost plus shipping.

I have been at this quietly with the game for a little while and been trying to zero in on what the market is on the game. Still not sure I know, but this is part of the process. You can list a game at any price. What is sells for is what is important.

Dan

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Feel better, Dan?

Be careful what you ask for. Eh, Bryan?

Dan

#38 6 years ago

I'd pay 10.3k. that's the average on Boston Pinball.

#40 6 years ago

Received a couple not unreasonable offers, but not quite where I hoped to be.

Dan

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from whitewoodpinball:

TIA

Not bitter at all, eh? Sour grapes that CC prices have risen since last September? (Coming from a fellow seller of a CC before the prices went on rocket ride up).

#42 6 years ago

Bump for the OP. Good luck on the sale!

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from arizonabuck:

I'd pay 10.3k. that's the average on Boston Pinball.

Boston Pinball is a joke. I hope you're post is as well.

Free bump because I've enjoyed the "that was my game" drama.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Not bitter at all, eh? Sour grapes that CC prices have risen since last September? (Coming from a fellow seller of a CC before the prices went on rocket ride up).

What's funny about this is anyone who was motivated could check Pinside for previous threads to find out what I paid for the game, which is public information, and anyone dissuaded from pursuing the game should do the same to realize what serious issues the previous seller has and reconsider.

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Bump for the OP. Good luck on the sale!

Thanks, Mike. Gonna need it after that nonsense.

Quoted from MrDo:

Boston Pinball is a joke. I hope you're post is as well.
Free bump because I've enjoyed the "that was my game" drama.

That's a lot of bumps. Feel like I am back in the 70's.

Dan

#45 6 years ago

I saw an MM sell for more than someone bought it last year. Let's go get them !
Can't believe these guys are crapping on your thread. As I say and it always proves itself true, karma is a bitch. It will come back to them .
Good luck with the sale. I have played this game and its worth its price.

#46 6 years ago

Here is a pic of the wear under the Cliffy:
DSCN1304.JPG
To compare, here is is pic of the wear on my MB. You can see the extent of the wear by how much is filled:
2012-09-23_23-00-09_789.jpg

And the finished product:

DSCN1306.JPG
A lot can be accomplished with scoop wear. A good decal from Treasure Cove doesn't hurt either!

Dan

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

I saw an MM sell for more than someone bought it last year. Let's go get them !
Can't believe these guys are crapping on your thread. As I say and it always proves itself true, karma is a bitch. It will come back to them .
Good luck with the sale. I have played this game and its worth its price.

Pins appreciating? Unheard of. Especially not CC, MM or MB.

I can believe it and wondered when he was going to rear his ugly head again. It was just a matter of time. If you recall, the end of last year when I had the health and tax issues, I thought I need to sell the game shortly after buying it. I contacting him about the others who inquired and offered more and ultimately I think offered to share the profit with him since he did sell me the game when he had been offered more. I did make an error in asking him to provide me the details of the others, but I acknowledged that. What a travesty that thread became!

Unfortunately, and although I cannot speak for others, it seems to me that Dan has a few issues, and as much as I am annoyed with the guy for having a negative effect on this thread, his behavior is so sad that I do feel sorry for him. I cannot speak for his friend who sold him the game and the "ethics" he espoused. What I do know is that he did not volunteer what he paid for the game or sold it for. Hopefully these two guys are not indicative of the pin community in Idaho.

The game did not come in best playing condition. Gave it a quick cleaning. Fully relamped the game. Fully rebuilt the flippers. Disassembled and cleaned and adjusted the Bart and Mine assemblies and ball trough. Modded the place where the ball would hang up behind Bart. Adjusted the pops, so they have more action. Adjusted the auto trough and shooter lane switch as things were not operating too smoothly there. Installed the Gold Mine Cliffy that was included and bought and installed Cliffies at the Bad guys. Replaced the shooter rod with the one with the round silver ball handle as the coating off the old one was worn and did not work smoothly. Wired and installed a real knocker. Cleaned or replaced all the coils sleeves that had been gummed up by oiling them.

There were a lot of issues with the game that affected game play detrimentally. Some of that was expected, but Bart insisting to hide in the left corner and barely moving, or an autoplungner that is so off that it cannot send a ball back in play that you have to plunge it manually. These things were obvious and should have been disclosed to me but weren't.

The next owner will not have to deal with any of these issue. If the next owner goes with CCC, the sound board has already been modded. The game is in much better condition than when I got it.

I appreciate the bump.

Dan

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Boston Pinball is a joke.

Why do you say that? Do you think they are keeping track of alot of shill-bid auctions? I feel it's a good place to start, we can't keep track of every sale that goes down on our own.

#49 6 years ago

No need to justify, you own the game now, and what you do with it is completely up to you. Every Cactus Canyon out there has an owner that can say they bought it for less "back when"

If your price is wrong it simply won't sell, and you can reduce your price. No biggie. Best of luck!

#50 6 years ago

Wasn't the code unfinished on CC?

For that price you can buy 2 unfinished Stern machines, LOL

Seriously, Good luck with the sale. Hope you can get what you need from the machine. Wish I had one so I could sell it to buy a new vehicle.

Chris

There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside