(Topic ID: 52048)

FS: Capcom Flipper Football - Need Room, Only $1000!!

By twitami

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by twitami
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FF-10.jpg
FF-09.jpg
FF-12.jpg
FF11.jpg
FF-04.jpg
FF-07.jpg
FF-06.jpg
FF-04.jpg
FF-03.jpg
FF-02.jpg
FF-01.jpg
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

BTW, not upset or anything--in fact i laughed at it initially. But not something I would do to someone trying to sell a game. I mean, be honest, you basically said, "That game sucks, good luck with your sale".

Not the end of the world or anything, but kinda uncool.

#52 10 years ago

This game seems like a neat mix of pinball and a tabletop soccer game. Check out the DMD animations on the youtube video -- unbelievable. Good luck with a unique game (that's undeniably more fun than a tampon dispenser).

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

There is no FACTs in here, only your (or others) opinion that my game a) Put a company out of business, and b) makes less money than a tampon machine.

Flipper Football didn't put Capcom out of business. Lots of other reasons.

Capcom was losing $1K a unit going out the door, so even if BBB came out first, and sold more, it would have brought the end sooner.

As far as the tampon comment. What happened was the powers that be came from Capcom Japan to see what in heck was going on. They gave them five years to make money or look like they could. They went to the bar where Flipper Football was testing and asked the bar tender how it was doing. He told them the Tampax machine in the ladies bathroom was doing better. They went back to the factory and shut it down at the two year mark in December 1996. And of course none of this has any bearing on how good or bad a game it is. The greatest game in the wrong spot won't earn.

Come the end of the day, you have a good game. It's looks with all the green kind of grow on you. Playing it single player may be so so, but put a bunch of players on it and you have one of the greatest multi player games ever made.

And you have a really good price on it.

Best wishes with your sale.

LTG : )

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

b) makes less money than a tampon machine.
How would comments like this NOT make a game harder to sell?

1) Depending on where they are, tampon machines can make a shit load of money!

2) No one, not nobody nohow, interested in your machine is going to come to this thread, read his comment and back out because of it. Seriously. "Hey, Flipper Football! I've been wanting one of those totally esoteric and semi-rare games for a while now. Wo ho ho, what's THIS!? If Capcom had just stuck with Big Bang Bar and not this game then in 37% of alternate dimension utopian Earths they would have continued making pinball machines for another 18 months!? Well, fuck this game then buddy!"

I just don't see it.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

2) No one, not nobody nohow, interested in your machine is going to come to this thread, read his comment and back out because of it ...

I did. Seriously, I was about to buy it, but I don't want a game that was responsible for the collapse of a company in my collection ...

#56 10 years ago

Thumbs up for that word alone

#57 10 years ago

By the way, might be open to trades too. Looking for a few Sega machines.

#58 10 years ago

I've played Bryan Kelly's FF and he's right, as a party game it's a blast!

You can do 3 teams of 2, taking turns trying g to score goals within a time limit.

If there was one near me at this price, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. And it's rare too!

#59 10 years ago

I so hope this FF sells soon so this thread goes away.

Joe(acejedi)

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

The DMD is not bigger by the way, it is a standard size one, just higher resolution than the others. The higher resolution is especially noticeable when the players moon you (yes, they really do).

It just appears that way. The DMD in your FF is physically bigger than a standard DMD. I have two of these DMDs on the shelf that I accumulated over the years. The dot area on your FF is 4-1/2" x 12-7/8" compared to 3-1/4" x 12-5/8" on a standard DMD. The overall dimensions are 6" x 14-3/4" for the FF vs 5" x 14-3/8" for the standard DMD. Unfortunately I've had to replace a couple.

Good looking game, GLWTS. It is a really fun game. I enjoyed it as a single player, and has been said many times, it is awesome when you have multiple players.

#61 10 years ago

You were right, it is a bit bigger. Heh, never noticed.

Anyway, $1350 now. Could use the space. Great collectible piece, especially at that price!

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Lame single player game. Awesome multiplayer game!

Agreed on both counts. Probably the most fun I've had playing multiplayer pinball while drinking. Great for dollar games, too.

#63 10 years ago

I love that DMD. Very impressive....

#64 10 years ago

It is awesome. "Burn that Goalie!!"

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Flipper Football didn't put Capcom out of business. Lots of other reasons.
Capcom was losing $1K a unit going out the door, so even if BBB came out first, and sold more, it would have brought the end sooner.
As far as the tampon comment. What happened was the powers that be came from Capcom Japan to see what in heck was going on. They gave them five years to make money or look like they could. They went to the bar where Flipper Football was testing and asked the bar tender how it was doing. He told them the Tampax machine in the ladies bathroom was doing better. They went back to the factory and shut it down at the two year mark in December 1996. And of course none of this has any bearing on how good or bad a game it is. The greatest game in the wrong spot won't earn.
Come the end of the day, you have a good game. It's looks with all the green kind of grow on you. Playing it single player may be so so, but put a bunch of players on it and you have one of the greatest multi player games ever made.
And you have a really good price on it.
Best wishes with your sale.
LTG : )

The condom machine out earns them all in the bars! Even some gas stations too.

#66 10 years ago

10 hours one way from my house! Oh man, what a great game/price. GLWS!

#67 10 years ago

I've never posted this before, but man, I really do wish you were closer! GLWS!

#68 10 years ago

Mass aint that far!

#69 10 years ago

Still available! Also open to some trades--a few Sega machines I am looking for: SST, ID4, BF, SJ, Maverick, Apollo 13, MSFrankenstein.

1 month later
#70 10 years ago

FF is a fun game! Especially when u have friends and a few beers involved.

1 week later
#71 10 years ago

Still for sale, need room now. Lowered to $1000.

#72 10 years ago

Ok. 1k is a crazy good price. I am 9 hours ONE WAY to get to my place. Who's going to drive it to me and how much?

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Still for sale, need room now. Lowered to $1000.

Oh no my worker was just in Leesburg Va
If I had been on the computer I would tried to send him on up to pick up.

Great price for a unique pin.

1 week later
#74 10 years ago

Kick the F*ckin; Ball!!

Buy me!

#75 10 years ago

Wish I had the room and money, looks like way more fun than the 1978 world cup i picked up for my girlfriend because she is a soccer coach.....and as always wish it was closer too looks like a blast to play.

#76 10 years ago

this is a steal of a deal, i just cant believe it hasnt sold, BUMP

#78 10 years ago

O cant believe it either Throwing on Craigslist locally I guess.

#79 10 years ago

OK! WHO CAN TAKE THIS TO MICHIGAN?

glws

#80 10 years ago

Pm sen

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

1) Depending on where they are, tampon machines can make a shit load of money!

Perhaps we need one right here on Pinside.

#82 10 years ago

Sale is pending!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-capcom-flipper-football-1500-obo/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.