(Topic ID: 52048)

FS: Capcom Flipper Football - Need Room, Only $1000!!

By twitami

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by twitami
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FF-10.jpg
FF-09.jpg
FF-12.jpg
FF11.jpg
FF-04.jpg
FF-07.jpg
FF-06.jpg
FF-04.jpg
FF-03.jpg
FF-02.jpg
FF-01.jpg
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Need the space now, so re-bumping this, at new lower price! Great party and fun machine for this price!

I have a really nice Capcom Flipper Football for sale. Game works great, and is in good players condition (better than most, but by no means collector quality).

Very rare game, less than 750 made. And this one includes the rare 3D soccer ball backglass add-on. Has switchable PG or R rated rom settings. Even has a ticket dispenser! The more goals you get, the more tickets is spits out.

Any questions, let me know. I am near Baltimore, MD

FF-01.jpgFF-01.jpg FF-02.jpgFF-02.jpg FF-03.jpgFF-03.jpg FF-04.jpgFF-04.jpg FF-06.jpgFF-06.jpg FF-07.jpgFF-07.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Few more pics...

FF-04.jpgFF-04.jpg FF11.jpgFF11.jpg FF-12.jpgFF-12.jpg FF-09.jpgFF-09.jpg FF-10.jpgFF-10.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Wow, I have never played, seen, read about, or heard of this game before. Good luck with your sale. Looks cool. It has an "R" rated vocabulary?

#4 10 years ago

Even drops F bombs!

#5 10 years ago

BUmpage for evening crew

#6 10 years ago

One been for sale on cl near me for months now. Was at 650 then dropped to 600. Gets top posted every 48 hours. I also flag it every 48 hours lol.

#7 10 years ago

Yes, it is definitely an interesting game to play especially with adult mode. The machine also features the larger 256 x 64 Plasma DMD. Good luck with the sale!

Brad

#8 10 years ago

The game sure looks like it has some fun and challenging shots on it. Also looks like it would make you a better nudger with that layout. How are the rules on the game?

I'm just surprised to see a DMD game I had never heard of before suddenly pop up, especially one that looks so unique.

#9 10 years ago

Flipper Football......The Death of Capcom ugh! Too bad they decided to go with this game rather then full production of Big Bang Bar. Best of luck with your sale.

Joe(acejedi)

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Acejedi:

Flipper Football......The Death of Capcom ugh! Too bad they decided to go with this game rather then full production of Big Bang Bar. Best of luck with your sale.
Joe(acejedi)

Yup. If they had done the reverse, many of us would have Kingpin now...

I wonder who the nitwit was that implemented that decision. This is the first time I have seen the game and just by appearances, how in the world do you pick this game over BBB? Had to be production costs.

Dan

#11 10 years ago

This game is basically soccer. You try to get the ball to the top of the playfield, then knock down the drop targets (that come back up quickly like the Hulk ones on Avengers). If you score, you get a point. If the ball drains down the middle, the other team gets a point. It keeps track of your initials and your total games scored on the machine (at least the one I played did this). The only problem with this game is that I can see it getting old quickly if you own it.

Oh, and I messaged the seller and it looks like he is only taking $1500 or MORE.

For anything less, I will keep it to be honest.

So why put up OBO?

#12 10 years ago

All reviews say this is a great team pin. Single player is not as fun. GLWS.

Mk

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

All reviews say this is a great team pin. Single player is not as fun.

Great party pinball machine. 3 players on a team with timed game play. Great dots and sound package. Fun game.

#14 10 years ago

Played this at Expo a few years back. I really liked it when playing against someone else. Crazy fun and I always looked around for it in my neighborhood.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Acejedi:

Flipper Football......The Death of Capcom ugh! Too bad they decided to go with this game rather then full production of Big Bang Bar.

Wouldn't have mattered. At the rate they were hemorrhaging money, no game would have saved them.

LTG : )

#16 10 years ago

Why do you flag it?

#17 10 years ago

That thing is as ugly as sin, but it looks pretty fun

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

All reviews say this is a great team pin. Single player is not as fun. GLWS.
Mk

Flipper Football is boring as hell to play by yourself but it's the greatest party game ever made!!

The whole point of the game is to get the ball to the top of the playfield, knock the targets down and get the ball in the goal before they pop back up. If you drain, you score for the other team. All players start with the same amount of time, so the sooner you score, the more time remains.

About 4 years ago, I sold a CC and bought a mint FF for $1200. It only gets played when we have parties, but it's the most played game by far. Throw in one, three, or five other players and a few beers and you'll have the best time playing a pinball machine you've had in a long time!!

"Kick the f'ing ball".

#19 10 years ago

"Flipper Football......The Death of Capcom ugh! Too bad they decided to go with this game rather then full production of Big Bang Bar. Best of luck with your sale."

Joe(acejedi)

Seriously, why would you post this, and THEN say GLWS?

"Good luck on that marathon" Kicks the guy and breaks his leg...

And I will take less than that. He kinda low-balled (which is fine), and I meant at the low-ball price, I would just keep it.

Sorry for the confusion on that Judremmy.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Flipper Football is boring as hell to play by yourself but it's the greatest party game ever made!!

+1

Lame single player game. Awesome multiplayer game!

#21 10 years ago

A must have for anyone that throws a lot of pinball parties.

#22 10 years ago

Great large DMD and really fun multiplayer pin! Great luck with the sale...

#23 10 years ago

Thanks all. My other Capcom (Airbourne) will miss it

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Seriously, why would you post this, and THEN say GLWS?

And I will take less than that. He kinda low-balled (which is fine), and I meant at the low-ball price, I would just keep it.

Sorry for the confusion on that Judremmy.

I wasnt saying I dont want you to not sell your pin, was Just commenting on the fact that FF was the end of Capcom per a lot of old articles Ive read, I love my PM and really wish they would have actually Gone into full production with BBB instead of this title,sorry just being honest. Bill Ung has an article about FF online and it states Ops who put this game in bars said the Tampon machine made more money than FF. Im sorry you took it the wrong way I wasnt trying to take away from your sale, I personally dont like the game but im sure someone would feel very different.

Joe(acejedi)

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

The whole point of the game is to get the ball to the top of the playfield, knock the targets down and get the ball in the goal before they pop back up. If you drain, you score for the other team. All players start with the same amount of time, so the sooner you score, the more time remains.
About 4 years ago, I sold a CC and bought a mint FF for $1200. It only gets played when we have parties, but it's the most played game by far. Throw in one, three, or five other players and a few beers and you'll have the best time playing a pinball machine you've had in a long time!!
"Kick the f'ing ball".

That is a very helpful review. Game sounds like a lot of fun to me!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Oh boy, it is almost 3am here and I didn't think I could read something that would make me laugh so hard I woke up my spouse. Good stuff OP!!!!

#27 10 years ago

I have one. It is a fun game, especially in even number multiplayer games. games with 3 or 5 people are really unballanced. 2, 4 or 6 are great fun.

Great game to talk smack while playing.

#28 10 years ago

I wasnt saying I dont want you to not sell your pin, was Just commenting on the fact that FF was the end of Capcom per a lot of old articles Ive read, I love my PM and really wish they would have actually Gone into full production with BBB instead of this title,sorry just being honest. Bill Ung has an article about FF online and it states Ops who put this game in bars said the Tampon machine made more money than FF. Im sorry you took it the wrong way I wasnt trying to take away from your sale, I personally dont like the game but im sure someone would feel very different.

Joe(acejedi)

And he breaks the other leg! Please, stop "helping" me try to sell this dude....seriously. You do realize completely trashing the item for sale in the for sale thread is kind of not helping, right?

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

Played this at Expo a few years back. I really liked it when playing against someone else. Crazy fun and I always looked around for it in my neighborhood.

Was this the one that had a powerball in it? My son and I played several games on it, crazy fast!

#30 10 years ago

That was my powerballed flipper football at expo. Also had a 2x4 under the back legs. As has been mentioned, one if the best party games ever. With the PB and steep, it's pretty fun 1p as well, kinda like single player fooseball. Also be sure to install lightning flippers (shorter)

#31 10 years ago

Lol...it's a great pin everyone..... it's fantastic for parties. There all better now?

Joe(acejedi)

#32 10 years ago

I bought one of these years ago as a spare parts source for BBB given the difficulty in getting some Capcom parts. Had a blown display, but worked. Played around with it and ended up buying a display - it's actually a lot of fun! Unlike "normal" pinball scoring (with only goals for an against scored). Switches and side drop targets don't score, but render different animations. And those animations are terrific, really well executed. I enjoy playing the machine set up hard and steep as a single player, although I can generally thrash the machine, but it is fun. As people have mentioned, multi-player is really fun (especially alcohol assisted....

Adult mode it very funny if you don't mind the odd f-bomb.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from vegemite_nick:

And those animations are terrific, really well executed.

I never understood why Stern didn't go with a higher resolution DMD like the one used in FF. The animations look SO much better on it than they do on the legacy DMDs. Imagine how much clearer the digitized movie clips would have looked.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I never understood why Stern didn't go with a higher resolution DMD like the one used in FF. The animations look SO much better on it than they do on the legacy DMDs. Imagine how much clearer the digitized movie clips would have looked.

Bigger DMD ? Resolution is the same.

Capcom's DMD animators were geniuses.

#35 10 years ago

Resolution is not the same actually.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Resolution is the same.

I'm virtually positive FF has a much higher resolution DMD than normal.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm virtually positive FF has a much higher resolution DMD than normal.

I think it was the Capcom people who programmed the dots.

I've seen the same big DMD in Sega pins, and no where near the art work.

And the big DMD's were interchangeable by size. So I think it's the game, not the DMD.

#38 10 years ago

I believe the large Sega DMD was 192x64 and the large Capcom DMD was 256x64. I am not sure about the programming, as it has been some time since I last saw the animations on Flipper Football.

Brad

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I think it was the Capcom people who programmed the dots.
I've seen the same big DMD in Sega pins, and no where near the art work.
And the big DMD's were interchangeable by size. So I think it's the game, not the DMD.

I know you are rarely wrong, Lloyd, but I don't think the FF DMD is the same as the ones in Baywatch and MSF. I think it's even higher res.

Edit: Looks like jellikit beat me to it.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I know you are rarely wrong, Lloyd, but I don't think the FF DMD is the same as the ones in Baywatch and MSF. I think it's even higher res.

I could be wrong. I just never heard of a higher resolution one, and I've had Flipper Football in here and Sega big DMD games.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I believe the large Sega DMD was 192x64 and the large Capcom DMD was 256x64.

A standard DMD is 128x32. If the FF DMD is indeed 256x64, that means it has four times the resolution of a standard DMD. That would explain why it looks so damn good.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I believe the large Sega DMD was 192x64 and the large Capcom DMD was 256x64.

You are correct.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was wrong, Flipper Football is bigger than the Sega big DMD's.

#44 10 years ago

And in case anyone wants one (spare, project, whatever), it looks like Marco has them in-stock:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DP-00100

Brad

#45 10 years ago

I've had a FF for a few years and agree with the reviews sort of. Exception is I enjoy it as a single player and at the SPM it gets tons of love in multi player mode. At 750 production its a fairly rare game too which I like to collect. The Capcom peeps did a great job on the dots imho.

#46 10 years ago

I'd love to own one of these some day.

First machine made with DMD under playfield glass.
Last machine worked on by Python.
It may also be the last single-level playfield and single ball machine made (can't think of one later - and I'm not counting the subway return.)
Saves results for 500 players in tournament mode.
Only downside is if the DMD ever goes out and the cost to replace.
Capcoms are built arguably as well as Sys3 too.

GLWS.

viperrwk

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

Joe(acejedi)
And he breaks the other leg! Please, stop "helping" me try to sell this dude....seriously. You do realize completely trashing the item for sale in the for sale thread is kind of not helping, right?

He is stating fact about the game. That would be like someone going into a fs thread for SWEP1 and saying "ah the death of williams pinball". I don't think this will hurt your sale... Hell his statements did not detract from my interest, I read what he said and am still contemplating putting in an offer. Drive is a bit far though...

#48 10 years ago

The DMD is not bigger by the way, it is a standard size one, just higher resolution than the others. The higher resolution is especially noticeable when the players moon you (yes, they really do).

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

He is stating fact about the game. That would be like someone going into a fs thread for SWEP1 and saying "ah the death of williams pinball". I don't think this will hurt your sale... Hell his statements did not detract from my interest, I read what he said and am still contemplating putting in an offer. Drive is a bit far though...

Thank You...... exactly what I was getting at but I guess I hurt his feelings and Im sorry he took my comments the wrong way, Im a huge Capcom fan. Glad you understood what I was getting at and that it didnt sour you from buying his game.

Joe(acejedi)

#50 10 years ago

I understand that as well. But what you did was say the pin I am selling was "Flipper Football......The Death of Capcom ugh! Too bad they decided to go with this game rather then full production of Big Bang Bar. Best of luck with your sale."

And then:

"Bill Ung has an article about FF online and it states Ops who put this game in bars said the Tampon machine made more money than FF"

There is no FACTs in here, only your (or others) opinion that my game a) Put a company out of business, and b) makes less money than a tampon machine.

How would comments like this NOT make a game harder to sell?

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-capcom-flipper-football-1500-obo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.