Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

68259ED0-FE71-4C57-AB66-1AF8EED502DD (resized).jpeg
    C3A814B4-AD0B-4072-A9D7-0C9F3BF45EE2 (resized).jpeg
    CF1929E1-ADFD-40BC-BB62-DB59562DF8A2 (resized).jpeg
    3966CADD-1209-430B-BBB2-5E4FFCAB80CB (resized).jpeg
    3CB219CC-4832-464E-94B9-A12DE7B78188 (resized).jpeg
    D0CE6032-6F75-4D02-9C62-A1C3EB46CFDF (resized).jpeg
    B347C6FD-D83F-4C9C-84C5-637576B631AB (resized).jpeg
    63EB24B2-3D41-4CAF-9D2C-F42C4EAC9400 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 41 days ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

for sale

FS: Cactus Canyon HUO

Added: September 15th, 2021 Ended: September 24th, 2021
    Condition: HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 14,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR BEST OFFER PRIVATELY IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS WORTH.

Ok I just got in an HUO Cactus Canyon. It’s gorgeous, only flaw appears to be some lifting at a couple legs in the cabinet art (common on these) and a little bit of art missing at the seam of the front right cabinet.

After all the bullshit with my Monster Bash ad, I’m basically just trying to gauge interest in this era of the remake. Not gonna bother posting any pics at this time.

Again, this is an HUO original Cactus Canyon in fantastic shape. If you have interest in this game, want to see pics, and want to make an offer, send me a message. If you’d rather get a remake, please do so. If you are angry about rising pinball prices and somehow think it’s my fault, I can’t really help you.

If you want to make a combo deal for this and the HUO original Monster Bash, I’m open to that as well.

Location NYC zip 10001.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

New York, NY, US

Seller insights

These are CrazyLevi's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to CrazyLevi's stats page

#2 41 days ago

Too funny. A little late on this absurd cash grab. Even a moderate cash grab on this late train could be considered appropriate. Political aspirations? No problem in N.Y.

#3 41 days ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

Too funny. A little late on this absurd cash grab. Even a moderate cash grab on this late train could be considered appropriate. Political aspirations? No problem in N.Y.

Another idiot who can’t read.

If you are interested, or WANT TO MAKE AN OFFER, please contact me. An offer can literally be any sum of money.

#4 41 days ago

Hey man, your FS threads are as much fair game as all the FS threads you've shit on over the years.

#5 41 days ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Hey man, your FS threads are as much fair game as all the FS threads you've shit on over the years.

Huh?

I’m many things but a price cop?

I think you have me confused with 500 other guys.

#6 41 days ago

I don’t have an opinion either way, but I wanted to feel like I’m a part of something bigger, here’s my contribution

#7 41 days ago

No issues here AT ALL w/ Ad; but I certainly find it strange/desperate almost. If you wanna sell just be sincere & post an actual Ad with clear description & pics pretty straight forward & simple to do I don't get it? 18K seems high I could get CGC LE & have room left over to purchase a really old used pair of Bea Arthur panties.

#8 41 days ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

No issues here AT ALL w/ Ad; but I certainly find it strange/desperate almost. If you wanna sell just be sincere & post an actual Ad with clear description & pics pretty straight forward & simple to do I don't get it? 18K seems high I could get CGC LE & have room left over to purchase a really old used pair of Bea Arthur panties.

I’m incredibly strange and desperate. I just think posting pics or bothering to type out a detailed description for the price cop force would be pointless. It’s an HUO original cactus canyon, either you are interested or you aren’t.

If you are, please send me a private message. I don’t see how I could be any more honest or sincere.

#9 41 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Huh?
    I’m many things but a price cop?
    I think you have me confused with 500 other guys.

I think it’s cool to see any HUO BLY/WMS game - there wasn’t much of a HUO market back then so it’s rare for any title.

I remember walking past a line of CP, MM and CC at my local distributor and thinking I’d love to have them, but $3500 was just too much $$$.

#10 41 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m incredibly strange and desperate. I just think posting pics would be pointless. It’s an HUO original cactus canyon, either you are interested or you aren’t.
    If you are, please send me a private message.

But it has issues as you described so pics are needed. A game can be HOU and still be in shit condition.

#11 41 days ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

But it has issues as you described so pics are needed. A game can be HOU and still be in shit condition.

Lol - those aren’t “issues”. The decals on CC were all prone to leg damage.

#12 41 days ago

Here’s something cool I’ll post; it’s a folder that was included with the game, with some really cool VERY High quality glossy photos of CC, and some flyers for the new hotness, RFM. I guess the distributors were really pushing pin2K, since real pinball was dead at that time.

The guy I bought this from remembers buying the game, from a distro in jersey. He said that he remembers the guy pushing him toward Revenge HARD, telling him old school pinball was old news. He is an old school guy and had zero interest, but he was really attracted to CC. I think we can all agree he made the right move!

3CB219CC-4832-464E-94B9-A12DE7B78188 (resized).jpeg63EB24B2-3D41-4CAF-9D2C-F42C4EAC9400 (resized).jpegB347C6FD-D83F-4C9C-84C5-637576B631AB (resized).jpegD0CE6032-6F75-4D02-9C62-A1C3EB46CFDF (resized).jpeg

#13 41 days ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Great! PM me and I’ll be happy to send you some pics if you are interested. Please think about what you think a fair offer would be.

#14 41 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m incredibly strange and desperate. I just think posting pics or bothering to type out a detailed description for the price cop force would be pointless. It’s an HUO original cactus canyon, either you are interested or you aren’t.
    If you are, please send me a private message. I don’t see how I could be any more honest or sincere.

Happy Fishing dude!!

#15 41 days ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Happy Fishing dude!!

Another genius who somehow figured out my plan which I have clearly described. You guys are way too smart for me!!

One time, loud, for those in the cheap seats so there can be no doubt:

I am 100 percent fishing for an interested buyer for this HUO Cactus Canyon. If you are interested in chomping on this bait, please send me a PM!

Thanks.

#16 41 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Another genius who somehow figured out my plan which I have clearly described. You guys are way too smart for me!!
    One time, loud, for those in the cheap seats so there can be no doubt:
    I am 100 percent fishing for an interested buyer for this HUO Cactus Canyon. If you are interested in chomping on this bait, please send me a PM!
    Thanks.

lool

#17 41 days ago

While I’d like to pile on and bash the price of this add .. I’d have to say it’s a well written add .. glws

#18 41 days ago

Wishing you an easy fast !

#19 41 days ago

Does this come with the plaque?

#20 41 days ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

a really old used pair of Bea Arthur panties.

This one blind sided me!
    I have some great lines that I use, but this one made the beer come out my nose.
    I am officially stealing this line for personal use.

#21 41 days ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan:

Does this come with the plaque?

Where would I find such a thing?

(I’m inclined to think not)

#22 41 days ago
    Quoted from spikelou2:

Wishing you an easy fast !

If you can’t tell I’m already getting cranky !!!

#24 41 days ago

Power to you…. Just feel that this is a sign of things (prices) to come. Maybe we need a vaccine for the Banning prices epidemic.

#25 41 days ago

What game # is it? (Last 3 digits of serial #)

Can CCC still be purchased somewhere?

I think the difficult decision for most people is that we don’t know anything about the ruleset enhancements (or any enhancements for that matter) on the upcoming CGC game.

#26 41 days ago

Pinball is a very fun hobby.

#27 41 days ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

What game # is it? (Last 3 digits of serial #)
    Can CCC still be purchased somewhere?
    I think the difficult decision for most people is that we don’t know anything about the ruleset enhancements (or any enhancements for that matter) on the upcoming CGC game.

No plaque sadly. Just the folder which I thought was pretty cool.

This game was made the same week as my HUO monster bash, which I also thought was pretty cool.

3966CADD-1209-430B-BBB2-5E4FFCAB80CB (resized).jpeg
    #28 41 days ago

Waiting for a BBB for $100k to get listed soon

#29 41 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you are interested, or WANT TO MAKE AN OFFER, please contact me. An offer can literally be any sum of money.

This idiot can read. Link this thread to your website. Sure to attract buyers.

#30 41 days ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I think it’s cool to see any HUO BLY/WMS game - there wasn’t much of a HUO market back then so it’s rare for any title.
    I remember walking past a line of CP, MM and CC at my local distributor and thinking I’d love to have them, but $3500 was just too much $$$.

What distributor? MM was offer at close out price like 4-5 weeks after it was released for $1695 at Sunbelt and HA Franz. I can confirm this because I still talk to the old school distributor reps on a regular basis. I fairly certain CP and CC were offered around the same price. I was in high school. Dad didn’t buy any of these titles, so I can’t go find old sales invoices. Though I do have a sales receipt from the summer of ‘92 (I was 10) where pops bought a beta tested TAF for $2045.

Oh, and Levi, so for hijacking your ad, GLWS and all that jazz.

#31 41 days ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Technically this is not a FS thread.

It's really a private auction without the eBay fees.

He can't reasonably price a game if there's any possibility he could squeeze more from a buyer.

#32 41 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I am 100 percent fishing for an interested buyer for this HUO Cactus Canyon.

In the running for funniest line ever on pinside

#33 41 days ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

What distributor? MM was offer at close out price like 4-5 weeks after it was released for $1695 at Sunbelt and HA Franz. I can confirm this because I still talk to the old school distributor reps on a regular basis. I fairly certain CP and CC were offered around the same price. I was in high school. Dad didn’t buy any of these titles, so I can’t go find old sales invoices. Though I do have a sales receipt from the summer of ‘92 (I was 10) where pops bought a beta tested TAF for $2045.
    Oh, and Levi, so for hijacking your ad, GLWS and all that jazz.

I misspoke - it was CP, MB and CC in their showroom. Yes - it was Sunbelt in OKC. I was friends with the receptionist (Diana?) and called her almost every day. The only thing I got on closeout was a CV for $1750. I was in my 20s so I couldn’t afford the new $3500 games. The most I ever spent was $2000 on a used MM during that time.

#34 41 days ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I misspoke - it was CP, MB and CC in their showroom. Yes - it was Sunbelt in OKC. I was friends with the receptionist (Diana?) and called her almost every day. The only thing I got on closeout was a CV for $1750. I was in my 20s so I couldn’t afford the new $3500 games. The most I ever spent was $2000 on a used MM during that time.

For the life of me, I can’t remember her name. She was Scott Milner’s wife. I think the MB and CC were there the day Phil sold it to Commercial Music? I talk to Sam Ball regularly. I’ll have to ask him. Hard to believe it’s been 20 years now since we’ve had a coin-op distributor in OKC!

#35 41 days ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Technically this is not a FS thread.
    It's really a private auction without the eBay fees.
    He can't reasonably price a game if there's any possibility he could squeeze more from a buyer.

Kind of an issue with all these ads with super high priced games listed obo.. really feels more like an auction w/out any transparency. I don’t see how to stop it but it also seems weird given that Pinside doesn’t allow auction style for sale ads.

#36 41 days ago

My issue is ads like this with no pics (Rockland Pinball style) ..is it screws up the archives.

10 yrs from now when this machine is worth 30k we will want to see prices and condition via pics and description of previous sales to judge the new prices and it helps us put up reasonable offers or walk away.

You have made yourself part of the pinball community so be a better part of it and help the history of the archives.
    I think my rant is over
    -Mike

#37 40 days ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Kind of an issue with all these ads with super high priced games listed obo.. really feels more like an auction w/out any transparency. I don’t see how to stop it but it also seems weird given that Pinside doesn’t allow auction style for sale ads.

Add says obo .. how is this an auction .: games are going at high prices .. can’t blame the seller for trying to get the max

#38 40 days ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

My issue is ads like this with no pics (Rockland Pinball style) ..is it screws up the archives.

10 yrs from now when this machine is worth 30k we will want to see prices and condition via pics and description of previous sales to judge the new prices and it helps us put up reasonable offers or walk away.

I've been around since the late 90s and have seen plenty of HUO CCs over the years. Hell, one buddy owned two for a while. Hint: they all look the same. Imagine a new CC, add in minor cabinet decal wrinkling around the legs and a bit of visible wear on the ramps/shooter lane and there you go. Plenty of pics of other HUO CCs if you need to see something.

#39 40 days ago
    Quoted from spikelou2:

Add says obo .. how is this an auction

Here's how.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR BEST OFFER PRIVATELY IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS WORTH

OP is soliciting private bids to determine how much he'll sell it for.

The OP is not a noob. He knows what he could sell it for. What he doesn't know is the absolute most he could muster.

Setting an $18k reserve and asking for offers is a sealed auction.

#40 40 days ago

There are plenty of games for sale right now on pinside with a price *and* Or best offer. What is the big deal about Crazy Levi doing it?

#41 40 days ago
    Quoted from RTS:

OP is soliciting private bids to determine how much he'll sell it for.

Only an auction if he updates all who contacted him with the highest current offer and solicits at least one more round of offers, e.g. bidding. Otherwise it's just picking the best offer received, which is OBO. As written I'd say it's OBO.

#42 40 days ago
    Quoted from metallik:

I've been around since the late 90s and have seen plenty of HUO CCs over the years. Hell, one buddy owned two for a while.

Hey, I resemble that guy!

It was fun while it lasted but the second one left almost exactly a year ago today. I hated selling the last one but home remodeling was calling and that one game paid for a lot of hardwood flooring. Given what I got for mine with all the pinflation in the last 12 months I don't think Levi is far off on his asking price. GLWTS!

Levi I don't know if this helps or not but I got zero interest on Pinside when I sold mine (which surprised the crap out of me). All the games I sold last year actually went via Craigslist or FB.

#43 40 days ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Only an auction if he updates all who contacted him with the highest current offer and solicits at least one more round of offers, e.g. bidding. Otherwise it's just picking the best offer received, which is OBO. As written I'd say it's OBO.

if you want to get technical about the word, maybe. Nothing new here as I pointed out earlier, just an issue with all these ads setting a ridiculous price and then adding OBO. It's a really fine line between a for sale ad and a non-transparent silent auction.. everyone submits offers .. ie "bids".

Levi isn't doing anything anyone else hasn't been already. Just seems like sellers are skirting the pinside rules a bit. But what do I care, I'm not even sure why that rule is in place. Maybe it's just irritating seeing all these ads and how greedy people have become in the hobby.

#44 40 days ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Levi isn't doing anything anyone else hasn't been already. Just seems like sellers are skirting the pinside rules a bit. But what do I care, I'm not even sure why that rule is in place. Maybe it's just irritating seeing all these ads and how greedy people have become in the hobby.

The rule's in place to prevent full-blown auctions here, and it's working fine.

What's happening here is more like a silent auction.

As for greed, there's already a ton of threads about pricing. I'll never condemn anyone for not wanting to leave money on the table. If the games are worth $$$ then they're worth $$$. Proceeds from sold games go towards buying new games, so no reason to give anything away unless it's going to a buddy.

#45 40 days ago

I’ve sold dozens of games here and always pay my pinside listing fees when I do, unlike TONS of others who always seem to sell their games “elsewhere” after listing them here.

You want to bitch about moochers and freeloaders and “rule skirters” you are in the wrong place.

I really don’t understand what you guys are bitching about. It’s not an auction, it’s a sale. Only a moron would “start low” on a rare piece like this.

When you guys get your hands on an HUO Cactus Canyon, you can show me the “right” way to do it. Till then I’ll just do it my way.

This thing plays like new by the way, it’s amazing.

Metallik, I really don’t understand why you have such a hard on for me today. You’ve accused me of being a price cop, and a “rule skirter,” and neither of these things are remotely true. You sure you don’t have me confused for someone else? You’ve known me for like 20 years bro, and you are carrying on like some common noob! Come on Larry, what’s the deal ?!
    CF1929E1-ADFD-40BC-BB62-DB59562DF8A2 (resized).jpeg

#46 40 days ago

Not sure why this ad is catching heat, Have you guys looked at the market? I don't think I have ever scrolled through and seen so many $10k+ ads. I hope you sell this quickly before the bubble burst.

#47 40 days ago

Is this from the same source as the HUO MB you had for sale?

#48 40 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why wasn't this post moderated? I got banned from a thread for no worse than that.

This ad reeks of trying really hard to act like dont care, but knowing you'd be lucky to get half this with the remake imminent.

Sure there will always be interest in originals, but pretty niche market and I'd imagine most with deep enough enough pockets that were interested would already have one.

#49 40 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Metallik, I really don’t understand why you have such a hard on for me today. You’ve accused me of being a price cop, and a “rule skirter,” and neither of these things are remotely true

What are you talking about? I'm defending you man, said your post is OBO and not an auction (a silent auction is a long way from bids n such). Yea I'll give you price police shit but that's it, nothing else wrong with your ad. Go reread stuff; I think you're seriously confused, other people complaining...

#50 40 days ago
    Quoted from metallik:What are you talking about? I'm defending you man, said your post is OBO and not an auction (a silent auction is a long way from bids n such). Yea I'll give you price police shit but that's it, nothing else wrong with your ad. Go reread stuff; I think you're seriously confused, other people complaining...

Sorry Larry !!!!

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside