• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th.jpeg
image.jpg
th-2.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spybryon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

What I am dying to know is when most people spend $20K on a HEP restore CC are they planning on playing the SH** out of it. Or do most people play it sparingly because of the fear of doing damage to the game. Truly, this is one reason I would never by a CQ game other then the newer HUO models. I love to play my games and my HUO's are not going to only have 200 plays on them when the day comes (if it comes) when I unload any of them. Again, my feeling is someday these pins are worth a lot less and I justify the cost by playing them every year. So in 5-10 years I got most of my money out of them by enjoying them....that is "my strategy" not to put them in a corner and hope they go up.....because if you are wrong you didn't enjoy them.
So if all of you guys bought this would you play the hell out of it or just look at it and play a game or two here and there.
Just curious and the main reason I limit myself to about a $4K average for my collection (top limit is around $6K for any pin). I can get that much use out of them over the next 5-10 years and if I only get 25-50 percent of what I paid I am still a big winner !!!! Just my view....I can't get $20K out of a pin (at least not with a large collection of games.....you can only play so much pinball a year !!!).

If they are buying it and not playing it, that is just wrong. In a home environment, the amount of wear put on the machine should be negligible, assuming they are keeping up with maintenance like missing shooter rod tip, new pinballs, putting mylar and cliffy's on where needed etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spybryon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-cactus-canyon-hep-restore?tu=spybryon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.