Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

th.jpeg
image.jpg
th-2.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

This is a game I wouldn't ship.

Nothing to worry about as long as the OP kept the original HEP packing--or knows how to duplicate it.

HEP ships its games on a custom pallet with an outer shell made of 2X4s; if you're still a nervous wreck, five sides of outer plywood can be subbed for the cardboard.

Just insure the game for its full value--if it's damaged, Chris can just make it new again.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

It's an expensive game that I wouldn't have shipped. It would be left to me to deal with the transportation company if something happened. That's not a risk I would want to take. I would also be relying on the seller and not HEP to package it.

I hear you regarding your apparent underlying concern: nothing would be better than picking the game up in person.

However, the majority of potential buyers do not fall into that category--and have no option but to ship.

All I can tell you is of my personal experience with Michelle & NAVL: of the 15+ games I've had shipped, two were damaged during transit--and both of my claims were resolved quickly to my complete 100% satisfaction.

Therefore, as long as one insures to the full game value, there's really nothing to worry about in this particular case for the following reason:

The only worry involved here is monetary.

Meaning, it's not like the game has an irreplaceable silk-screened cabinet or anything: CC came with decals from WMS.

Chris put decals on the game when it was restored, and he can put new decals on the game again or obviously replace anything--thus turning whatever components were damaged during shipping into being brand-new HEP-restored components.

Almost a win/win in that regard IMO with respect to restoration freshness...with no additional monetary outlay involved.

Sure there's some hassle factor--but the win/win is those components would be made brand-new again by the master himself.

But to each his own; my 2 cents.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside